NBA thread

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I agree lebron is a better leader. He gets his teammates Involved. But kobe has carried his team a few times though. Maybe not this year but he has.

I love lebron's Unselfishness and how he plays. Kobe is just a attack first pass maybe kind of player. But I respect both styles of play.

Tapped to talk

Kobe has performed well under pressure many times, but carrying a team requires you to boost the other players and bring them with you both performance wise and morale wise...he's quick to start dogging on his team mates when things arn't going quite so good, and he's quick to take responsibility when his team is firing on all cylinders. Kobe is an amazing basketball player, there's no argument from me there, he has shown this and certainly will be a hall of fame player in the future...but he lacks a leader's quality, he's too selfish (for lack of better term).

An example of the kind of leadership I'm talking about uses Lebron as a good example, last year when Wade was struggling, Lebron was sacrificing his own scoring numbers (AND the teams success) to try and get him back into the swing of things, passing him the ball when Lebron had a good look, giving up the unmanned fast break to give Wade some time to get points up. People were actually criticizing Lebron for doing this, but he was trying to get his team back in order, and Wade was the key to that.

And when they finally figured out how to mesh again, they went to the championship.

Relletti

Trusted Member
Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Kobe has performed well under pressure many times, but carrying a team requires you to boost the other players and bring them with you both performance wise and morale wise...he's quick to start dogging on his team mates when things arn't going quite so good, and he's quick to take responsibility when his team is firing on all cylinders. Kobe is an amazing basketball player, there's no argument from me there, he has shown this and certainly will be a hall of fame player in the future...but he lacks a leader's quality, he's too selfish (for lack of better term).

I think Selfishness is exactly what It is. And again it's been times where he has got his team involved and his teammates are rolling on all cylinders. I think it's just not in his nature to be like that.

It's whatever though. it's always fun to see those two go head to head in a game.

Tapped to talk

Relletti

Trusted Member
Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Durant with the career high 52 points was on fire! Happy my guys pulled out the win. Dallas made it real close.

Tapped to talk

Jrome.brooks

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I guess everybody forgot that lebron left the cavs to go to a better team Jordan didn't do that when the bulls are struggling say what you will but if the heat starts losing expect lebron crying trade

All up in ya using Tapatalk 2

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I guess everybody forgot that lebron left the cavs to go to a better team Jordan didn't do that when the bulls are struggling say what you will but if the heat starts losing expect lebron crying trade

That is all said and done, my friend. Besides, he fulfilled his contractual obligation to the Cavaliers and though people didn't like how he went about departing from Cleveland (he would do it differently if he could go back in time and re-do it), he wasn't obligated to stay. Did he not have a choice to re-sign or sign elsewhere? His departure from Cleveland will not harm his stature in regard to ability and place among the all-time greats when his career is over. He is THE greatest player in the game today.

Jrome.brooks

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
That is all said and done, my friend. Besides, he fulfilled his contractual obligation to the Cavaliers and though people didn't like how he went about departing from Cleveland (he would do it differently if he could go back in time and re-do it), he wasn't obligated to stay. Did he not have a choice to re-sign or sign elsewhere? His departure from Cleveland will not harm his stature in regard to ability and place among the all-time greats when his career is over. He is THE greatest player in the game today.

One of the greatest my friend it's just one ring.... Lets see if he can win 4 more championships (maybe with the LAKERS)

Jrome.brooks

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

One of the greatest my friend it's just one ring.... Lets see if he can win 4 more championships (maybe with the LAKERS)

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

I didn't forget...the Cavs weren't building a good team around Lebron, they were requiring Lebron to be THE team, and that isn't how you win championships. The Bulls, even with Jordan, constantly sought out better players, they signed Dennis Rodman for god's sake, a guy NOBODY wanted on their team (because of his off the court antics), and he ended up being extraordinary with them. Lebron was offered MORE money, a team that was willing to spend money to make a great team, and honestly...a better future.

Lebron might cry...but we can't talk about future happenings, all we can talk about what's happening now and what has happened in the past. Kobe is the king of crying.

Jrome.brooks

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I didn't forget...the Cavs weren't building a good team around Lebron, they were requiring Lebron to be THE team, and that isn't how you win championships. The Bulls, even with Jordan, constantly sought out better players, they signed Dennis Rodman for god's sake, a guy NOBODY wanted on their team (because of his off the court antics), and he ended up being extraordinary with them. Lebron was offered MORE money, a team that was willing to spend money to make a great team, and honestly...a better future.

Lebron might cry...but we can't talk about future happenings, all we can talk about what's happening now and what has happened in the past. Kobe is the king of crying.

Kobe does cry I agree he doesn't get the calls like he use too since lebron got the crown ..Dennis Rodman was a great player before the bulls tho when he was a piston he helped stop the bulls of going to the championship so many times

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Kobe does cry I agree he doesn't get the calls like he use too since lebron got the crown ..Dennis Rodman was a great player before the bulls tho when he was a piston he helped stop the bulls of going to the championship so many times

What crown? Are you referring to LeBron being the league's best/greatest current player?

Jrome.brooks

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Since harden left okc I've been so so with the thunder I feel the clippers and the Knicks can go head to head with the heat and beat them

Tapatalking up in ya

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
My Lakers are looking more and more pathetic every game....They really had a chance at an awesome run at the championship but BLEW it with their choice of D'Antoni over Phil. I think Mitch Kupcheck needs to be held accountable for this horrific season.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
So many are so quick to blame the coach...when the Lakers haven't meshed at ALL this season as a team. I think you guys might just have a bad chemistry.

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
So many are so quick to blame the coach...when the Lakers haven't meshed at ALL this season as a team. I think you guys might just have a bad chemistry.

That's what happens when u get a new coach after 5 games. No time to come together before or after. And then learning a new system all together during a season. Not great recipe for success

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen