Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree70Likes

Global Posts
    22,194 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default NBA thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jrome.brooks View Post
    I guess everybody forgot that lebron left the cavs to go to a better team Jordan didn't do that when the bulls are struggling say what you will but if the heat starts losing expect lebron crying trade

All up in ya using Tapatalk 2
    That is all said and done, my friend. Besides, he fulfilled his contractual obligation to the Cavaliers and though people didn't like how he went about departing from Cleveland (he would do it differently if he could go back in time and re-do it), he wasn't obligated to stay. Did he not have a choice to re-sign or sign elsewhere? His departure from Cleveland will not harm his stature in regard to ability and place among the all-time greats when his career is over. He is THE greatest player in the game today.
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    869 Global Posts

Default NBA thread

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe'D View Post
    That is all said and done, my friend. Besides, he fulfilled his contractual obligation to the Cavaliers and though people didn't like how he went about departing from Cleveland (he would do it differently if he could go back in time and re-do it), he wasn't obligated to stay. Did he not have a choice to re-sign or sign elsewhere? His departure from Cleveland will not harm his stature in regard to ability and place among the all-time greats when his career is over. He is THE greatest player in the game today.
    One of the greatest my friend it's just one ring.... Lets see if he can win 4 more championships (maybe with the LAKERS)

iMore Pro

Global Posts
    869 Global Posts

Default NBA thread

One of the greatest my friend it's just one ring.... Lets see if he can win 4 more championships (maybe with the LAKERS)

iMore Pro

Global Posts
    869 Global Posts

Default NBA thread

We shall see playoff time

iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,887 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

Default Re: NBA thread

I guess everybody forgot that lebron left the cavs to go to a better team Jordan didn't do that when the bulls are struggling say what you will but if the heat starts losing expect lebron crying trade

I didn't forget...the Cavs weren't building a good team around Lebron, they were requiring Lebron to be THE team, and that isn't how you win championships. The Bulls, even with Jordan, constantly sought out better players, they signed Dennis Rodman for god's sake, a guy NOBODY wanted on their team (because of his off the court antics), and he ended up being extraordinary with them. Lebron was offered MORE money, a team that was willing to spend money to make a great team, and honestly...a better future.

Lebron might cry...but we can't talk about future happenings, all we can talk about what's happening now and what has happened in the past. Kobe is the king of crying.
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    869 Global Posts

Default NBA thread

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHRCC View Post
    I didn't forget...the Cavs weren't building a good team around Lebron, they were requiring Lebron to be THE team, and that isn't how you win championships. The Bulls, even with Jordan, constantly sought out better players, they signed Dennis Rodman for god's sake, a guy NOBODY wanted on their team (because of his off the court antics), and he ended up being extraordinary with them. Lebron was offered MORE money, a team that was willing to spend money to make a great team, and honestly...a better future.

Lebron might cry...but we can't talk about future happenings, all we can talk about what's happening now and what has happened in the past. Kobe is the king of crying.
    Kobe does cry I agree he doesn't get the calls like he use too since lebron got the crown ..Dennis Rodman was a great player before the bulls tho when he was a piston he helped stop the bulls of going to the championship so many times

Global Posts
    22,194 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default NBA thread

Kobe does cry I agree he doesn't get the calls like he use too since lebron got the crown ..Dennis Rodman was a great player before the bulls tho when he was a piston he helped stop the bulls of going to the championship so many times
    What crown? Are you referring to LeBron being the league's best/greatest current player?
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    869 Global Posts

Default NBA thread

What crown? Are you referring to LeBron being the league's best/greatest current player?
    Lebron is on the best team at the moment And has the championship in he's possession which means he has the crown

Global Posts
    22,194 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default NBA thread

Lebron is on the best team at the moment And has the championship in he's possession which means he has the crown
    (Laughing)...I'm just messin' with you...
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    869 Global Posts

Default NBA thread

Lol I figured but it looks like the clippers might take it this year

Global Posts
    22,194 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default NBA thread

Lol I figured but it looks like the clippers might take it this year
    They've got the talent to pull it off for sure, but we can't discount OKC or even the reigning champs as of yet.
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    869 Global Posts

Default NBA thread

Since harden left okc I've been so so with the thunder I feel the clippers and the Knicks can go head to head with the heat and beat them

Tapatalking up in ya
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,248 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0.4/6.1

Default NBA thread

My Lakers are looking more and more pathetic every game....They really had a chance at an awesome run at the championship but BLEW it with their choice of D'Antoni over Phil. I think Mitch Kupcheck needs to be held accountable for this horrific season.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,887 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

So many are so quick to blame the coach...when the Lakers haven't meshed at ALL this season as a team. I think you guys might just have a bad chemistry.
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,248 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0.4/6.1

Default NBA thread

So many are so quick to blame the coach...when the Lakers haven't meshed at ALL this season as a team. I think you guys might just have a bad chemistry.

That's what happens when u get a new coach after 5 games. No time to come together before or after. And then learning a new system all together during a season. Not great recipe for success
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,789 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default NBA thread

Smh at my sixers last night. They tried with a little late game push but the spurs are too much.

That thunder clippers game going be good tonight.

Tapatalking
    "My personal hobbies are reading, listening to music, and silence." Edith Sitwell
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,248 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0.4/6.1

Default NBA thread

Love my Lakers but NO WAY DHoward is an Allstar, let alone a starter. I agree, Mark Gasol was snubbed big time!

Global Posts
    22,194 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default NBA thread

Quote Originally Posted by rdiddy_25 View Post
    Love my Lakers but NO WAY DHoward is an Allstar, let alone a starter. I agree, Mark Gasol was snubbed big time!
    Dwight Howard is an All-Star center, but I don't think he should be among "this year's" starters. If the coaches were to select the entire cast, Marc Gasol would be among those selected, in my opinion.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,248 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0.4/6.1

Default NBA thread

Dwight Howard is an All-Star center, but I don't think he should be among "this year's" starters. If the coaches were to select the entire cast, Marc Gasol would be among those selected, in my opinion.
    I agree he's an Allstar, just not this year
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,887 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

Dwight Howard CAN be a great player...but he so often forgets that he has a job to do, and while i would have really liked to see him come to Atlanta, I was a bit relieved that he didn't (and didn't tie up all that money here given his inconsistent abilities).
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    869 Global Posts

Default NBA thread

Dwight Howard CAN be a great player...but he so often forgets that he has a job to do, and while i would have really liked to see him come to Atlanta, I was a bit relieved that he didn't (and didn't tie up all that money here given his inconsistent abilities).
    Howard is an all-star period it's the lakers coaching if we would have got Phil again Howard would have been playing in all star status it's the lakers organization that too ignorant and stuck up but its cool lakers got it next year

Global Posts
    22,194 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default NBA thread

When Dwight entered the league out of high school, he was very humble and still is to a degree. In a league where re stars have the power, he was pushed to be a leader and I don't think it fits him well. I mean, not in the sense of a Kobe, a KG or Dwayne Wade. He's a freak of nature in regard to his athleticism and whenever he finds a team or a system that will exploit those abilities like he had in Orlando, he will again be a monster down low in the post. In regard to him not going to Atlanta, don't count him out just yet. He is from there and is still close friends with Josh Smith.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,887 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

When Dwight entered the league out of high school, he was very humble and still is to a degree. In a league where re stars have the power, he was pushed to be a leader and I don't think it fits him well. I mean, not in the sense of a Kobe, a KG or Dwayne Wade. He's a freak of nature in regard to his athleticism and whenever he finds a team or a system that will exploit those abilities like he had in Orlando, he will again be a monster down low in the post. In regard to him not going to Atlanta, don't count him out just yet. He is from there and is still close friends with Josh Smith.
    Talk around town seems to be that Josh Smith's days might be numbered here in Atlanta...

As far as the Lakers coaching...that's the easy way out, that team needs a true captain and a chemistry, both of which are missing right now. Mike Brown got fired, and the entire team danced and cheered and welcomed D'Antoni like he was the second coming or something...and now, they are still experiencing the same woes they were before. Now could it be that they just had the worst luck with two coaches in a row? Sure...I'll give you a slight possibility of that, but i think realistically you have to start looking at the team, their inability to find an inner peace (and in that, chemistry), and also, their wanna-be leader in Kobe who'd just assume burn any one player at the stake than support them and try to better the team all around.

They are a poisoned team...and in my opinion, it stems more from the player's relationships and diligence than it does blame at any one person on the coaching staff.

Global Posts
    22,194 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default NBA thread

Talk around town seems to be that Josh Smith's days might be numbered here in Atlanta...

As far as the Lakers coaching...that's the easy way out, that team needs a true captain and a chemistry, both of which are missing right now. Mike Brown got fired, and the entire team danced and cheered and welcomed D'Antoni like he was the second coming or something...and now, they are still experiencing the same woes they were before. Now could it be that they just had the worst luck with two coaches in a row? Sure...I'll give you a slight possibility of that, but i think realistically you have to start looking at the team, their inability to find an inner peace (and in that, chemistry), and also, their wanna-be leader in Kobe who'd just assume burn any one player at the stake than support them and try to better the team all around.

They are a poisoned team...and in my opinion, it stems more from the player's relationships and diligence than it does blame at any one person on the coaching staff.
    In regard to Josh Smith, I hadn't heard that particular rumor. Is Josh looking to skip town or is the organization trying to rid the Hawks of him?

In regard to D'Antoni and Brown, we're in agreement, however, I like Brown's focus on defense but he was never given an opportunity to tweak the team for its new additions -- Howard, Clark and Nash. As for D'Antoni, I don't know what to say other than I think he has already lost the team. In regard to D12, I wasn't trying to defend his situation with the Lakers. I was focusing on his personality. He's a mild mannered guy being forced into the role of leader and it is not in him. I don't mean he cannot lead the team in scoring and stuff like that, but in regard to being the team's leader. As for the team's problem, we're in agreement, my friend.
    Last edited by JustMe'D; 01-25-2013 at 09:16 PM.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,887 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

Trade talk is all i know about Josh Smith, but it's been talk for a couple of weeks now...and the Lakers seem to be one team interested.

All i know is the other night i went to the Celtics/Hawks game with my buddies and Jsmooth was shooting free throws like he had glaucoma.
    JustMe'D likes this.
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast