MLB Hall of Fame class of 2013 is...

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The steroid curse is starting to really take over the nominees these days. Ouch.

I'm still flabbergasted that Dale Murphy was snuffed again though...kind of ridiculous.

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
The steroid curse is starting to really take over the nominees these days. Ouch.

I'm still flabbergasted that Dale Murphy was snuffed again though...kind of ridiculous.

That's a shame and I believe that this is his last year of eligibility too

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Biggio should have gotten in, but I agree with the logic of some people. He never DOMINATED the game. The last few years of his career weren't very productive. Off all the people in the hall, only 44 were first ballot players.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Biggio should have gotten in, but I agree with the logic of some people. He never DOMINATED the game. The last few years of his career weren't very productive. Off all the people in the hall, only 44 were first ballot players.

does that first ballot crap piss anyone else off too? i mean seriously, why not vote for a guy you think belongs in the hall of fame simply because its his first year???
i need SOME kind of logic there...
i was listening to timmy kirkjean go over some of biggios stats, and seriously!!! hes a hall of fame player, and no matter what the roid boys are going to end up in there anyway, so just start voting them in.
and what do they do now for the hall of fame ceremony? just cancel the whole event?

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
does that first ballot crap piss anyone else off too? i mean seriously, why not vote for a guy you think belongs in the hall of fame simply because its his first year???
i need SOME kind of logic there...
i was listening to timmy kirkjean go over some of biggios stats, and seriously!!! hes a hall of fame player, and no matter what the roid boys are going to end up in there anyway, so just start voting them in.
and what do they do now for the hall of fame ceremony? just cancel the whole event?

No, there are still three people getting in voted from the veterans committee.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Both...since neither of them needed steroids to achieve their status.

Number 1.
Clemens has maintained innocence from day one. Never charged with steroid use. Had two trials for perjury, first one was a mistrial, second one, he was acquitted... So technically speaking your last comment is slanderous!

Number 2.
I think Clemens took steroids!
:)

Number 3.
He was the best pitcher in MLB from 1984? Until at least 2000!!! Then in top ten until he quit, and he could make the starting rotation of 30 teams TODAY!!!!

Don't tell me either one of those guys are better than the rocket!