any NCAAB fans around here??

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It appears the Duke vs NC State game tonight will be shown on CBS at 9 o'clock. I'll miss "Person of Interest" and "Elementary" so this game better live up to its billing.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
There's definitely a major jinx on the #1 spot this year. Illinois has had Indiana's number for a few years, but Indiana just plain didn’t execute at all tonight. I am stunned. Gonna go hide in a cave... I need a hug, :(

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
There's definitely a major jinx on the #1 spot this year. Illinois has had Indiana's number for a few years, but Indiana just plain didn?t execute at all tonight. I am stunned. Gonna go hide in a cave... I need a hug, :(

I was just thinking the same thing in regard to the seemingly jinxing of teams who get the number one ranking....(laughing)

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Whoa! Did you see that dunk by Duke's Alex Murphy? He took it to the house like he was suppose to...:D

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I think the biggest happy accomplishment anyone could make this season is being #2! hahahah...#1's are the death blow, and the brackets are going to be completely FUBAR'ed!

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
3 ACC basketball games today:

Florida St vs Wake Forest at 1 o'clock

Georgia Tech vs Virginia Tech at 2 o'clock

Miami vs North Carolina at 2 o'clock

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The U continues to win with an impressive 26-pt victory over North Carolina.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
words cannot even describe. i fully expect we'll fall considerably in the rankings come Monday morning

AND we have a huge game Monday night at home

I hear you. As for me, I'm a little ticked that many of the sports commentators are clearly stating that Miami is the best college basketball team right and yet, Duke will more than likely get the number 1 ranking for the third time this season. Go figure!

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I hear you. As for me, I'm a little ticked that many of the sports commentators are clearly stating that Miami is the best college basketball team right and yet, Duke will more than likely get the number 1 ranking for the third time this season. Go figure!

i think, for now, Miami deserves the notoriety until proven otherwise

which that can change quickly, as we know!

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
i think, for now, Miami deserves the notoriety until proven otherwise

which that can change quickly, as we know!

I agree. If they deserve to be ranked number 1 then rank them as such until they are no longer deserving. As for Kansas, how far to you think they will fall? Unless I'm mistaken, they've had three straight losses, right?

Last edited:

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I agree. If they deserve to be ranked number 1 then rank then as such until they are no longer deserving. As for Kansas, how far to you think they will fall? Unless in mistaken, this is three straight losses, right?

yep, 3 straight. the first was last weekend which made us only drop from #2 to #5. this week is another story, we lost to 2 unranked teams and they were in the BIG12 which is damaging to our 9th consecutive BIG 12 Championship chances. there still is hope but we need changes quickly

as you know rankings depend on what other teams do as well but if i had to guess ... probably somewhere between #15-#20 seems fair. looking at the big picture i doubt we'll get a high seed in the tourney now which is uncharted waters for us. very disappointing

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
The Hoosiers thrashed an Ohio State today in Columbus... which moves them back into a tie for the BigTen (12/13/14) lead... and to build a case for remaining #1.Whether or not they are able to stay #1 will depend on how well the Dookies play tonight at Boston College.

john_v

Apr 20, 2010
www.vinniesphotos.blogspot.com

D, maybe for your sake its a good thing they don't get the #1 ranking, seeing as how everyone who gets it this year loses ;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox