Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 24 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree39Likes
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,771 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

Default NCAA Football 2012!!!1111!1!!11!!2

So...yeah...anyone have a team that doesn't have an inmate on it currently? haha...

Let's break out the bands ladies! It's college football time! That time of the year where young boys fight to the death for a crystal football, while hoping Sandusky never finds their address!

And we start with LSU dropping THE BADGER! Holy schmoly! What kind of absolutely F&#&%@! up sh*t do you have to do to get dropped from LSU!? The school that currently has a quarterback convicted of assault and battery, and more drug charges than Tony Montana!

That's all for now...RAMBLIN' WRECK BABY!!!

"Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

Global Posts
    21,515 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I can't say anything, Sean. My beloved Hurricanes have long been associated with ... um...things to be investigated (laughing). I'm just hoping that whatever forthcoming penalty we may receive won't be devastating because the U is good for college football, in my opinion.
    Last edited by JustMe'D; 08-11-2012 at 10:01 AM.
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    3,750 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Root 4.4.2

My team has no prisoners, and takes no prisoners. NOTRE DAME...Go Irish!!!
    Give yourself, to the Dark Side!
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    2,287 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 7.1.2

VOLS!!!!! Go Vols, baby!!! Orange and White!!!
    Gimme a vector, Victor. I'm coming home. Roger, Roger. Huh?
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    13,201 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Go USC Trojans! Fight On
  6. Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,771 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe'D View Post
    I can't say anything, Sean. My beloved Hurricanes have long been associated with ... um...things to be investigated (laughing). I'm just hoping that whatever forthcoming penalty we may receive won't be devastating because the U is good for college football, in my opinion.
    Oh Thug-U...lol. My brother in law's faithful school of the infamous 7th Floor Crew. Hopefully you guys find relevance again, and with that bum Jacory gone, i have hope we can return to some good southern Florida football again!
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

Global Posts
    21,515 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHRCC View Post
    Oh Thug-U...lol. My brother in law's faithful school of the infamous 7th Floor Crew. Hopefully you guys find relevance again, and with that bum Jacory gone, i have hope we can return to some good southern Florida football again!
    AMEN to that, my friend. Year after year, they are loaded with top tier talent, but the QB has been a no show since the days of Ken Dorsey. Not necessarily the QB skills, but more of a leader with a driven will to win at any cost is what has been missing.

Just Me, D
    (iPad)

Global Posts
    21,515 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by Garz View Post
    Go USC Trojans! Fight On
    Your team is favored to win it all this season. Time will tell, huh?

Just Me, D
    (iPad)
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    3,750 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Root 4.4.2

AMEN to that, my friend. Year after year, they are loaded with top tier talent, but the QB has been a no show since the days of Ken Dorsey. Not necessarily the QB skills, but more of a leader with a driven will to win at any cost is what has been missing.

Just Me, D
    (iPad)
    I do miss those fights between Thug U., and Notre Dame.
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    3,750 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Root 4.4.2

Just Me, D
    (iPad)
    Maybe they can get The Juice out on bail?

Global Posts
    21,515 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by grunt0300 View Post
    I do miss those fights between Thug U., and Notre Dame.
    Of course, we NEVER started the fights and everyone failed to associate the "Fighting Irish" with instigating them.
  12. Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,771 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

USC is favored to win what? Their conference? There's no way that team wins the championship this year...and i hate the SEC (just to put that out there).
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    3,750 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Root 4.4.2

Of course, we NEVER started the fights and everyone failed to associate the "Fighting Irish" with instigating them.
    Lou Holtz & Jimmy Johnson should have settled it...mano a mano!!!

Global Posts
    21,515 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Lou Holtz & Jimmy Johnson should have settled it...mano a mano!!!
    (laughing)....Jimmy would have pummeled Lou.

Global Posts
    21,515 Global Posts
    iOS Version

USC is favored to win what? Their conference? There's no way that team wins the championship this year...and i hate the SEC (just to put that out there).
    I was watching ESPN College Gameday a few days back and the analysts were raving about USC. They even went as far as to say that they wouldn't be surprised if they win it all.
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    3,750 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Root 4.4.2

(laughing)....Jimmy would have pummeled Lou.
    Lou would have messed up Jimmy's hair real good!
    JustMe'D likes this.
  17. Thread AuthorThread Author   #17  
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,771 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

I was watching ESPN College Gameday a few days back and the analysts were raving about USC. They even went as far as to say that they wouldn't be surprised if they win it all.
    They also said LSU would dominate Alabama in the championship game last year...College Gameday is good entertainment, but most times, they speak out of loyalty to a program in some way. USC is going to gain relevancy again in the coming seasons (after their 2010 sanctions), but championship ready? Nah...especially not in the out going BCS setup (which, as depressing as it is, WILL be won by the SEC again, mark my words).
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    13,201 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Just Me, D
    (iPad)
    Their starters are as good as any if not better but the loss of 10 scholarships could hurt. Lack of depth. Injuries could play a big part if there are some. Already lost our best DE for the year in Kennard.
  19. Thread AuthorThread Author   #19  
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,771 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

Their starters are as good as any if not better but the loss of 10 scholarships could hurt. Lack of depth. Injuries could play a big part if there are some. Already lost our best DE for the year in Kennard.
    Bingo.

USC has to rebuild the foundation before the crystal football will return to California. Being bowl eligible does not eliminate 2 years of sanctioned recruiting ability.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    13,201 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Bingo.

USC has to rebuild the foundation before the crystal football will return to California. Being bowl eligible does not eliminate 2 years of sanctioned recruiting ability.
    Their recruits are as good as it gets. They've had top 5 classes throughtout being sanctioned. In 2013, so far it's ranked # 1 in recruiting. But yes depth can be a concern. If there are not anymore key injuries, they can play with anybody. They proved that last year. The season needs to play out whether you say they can or cannot. 17 starters returned from a team that finished 6th in the AP.

Global Posts
    21,515 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Lou would have messed up Jimmy's hair real good!
    Now that's a good one...lol...However, if 100% Florida humidity couldn't mess up Jimmy's hair, I highly doubt Lou Holtz, who I believe still resides in Orlando (Yes, I've met him & his wife in an Outlook Steakhouse restaurant off of Kirkman Rd. not far from where I lived) could have messed up Jimmy's perfect hair.

Global Posts
    21,515 Global Posts
    iOS Version

They also said LSU would dominate Alabama in the championship game last year...College Gameday is good entertainment, but most times, they speak out of loyalty to a program in some way.
    Yes, they did and I agree to a point in regard to them speaking out of loyalty to specific programs.
    USC is going to gain relevancy again in the coming seasons (after their 2010 sanctions),
    No doubt about it.
    but championship ready? Nah...especially not in the out going BCS setup (which, as depressing as it is, WILL be won by the SEC again, mark my words).
    Only time will tell if the Trojans are championship ready. We will know soon enough. As for the next champion coming out of the SEC again, I can't bet against it, my friend.

Global Posts
    21,515 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Their starters are indeed great player and their lack of depth with the caliber of players they have may not be as bad as some may think. If anything, the backups' inexperience could prove harmful but certainly not their talent.
    iMore Guru

iOS Version

All I know is that neither Penn State or my alma mater is in it.

Sent from an iPhone4s with Tapatalk
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    816 Global Posts

The proof is in the pudding..ROLL TIDE ROLL baby
Page 1 of 24 1234 ... LastLast