NCAA Football 2012!!!1111!1!!11!!2

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Once again...LSU and Bama represent the best in college. There are no teams in the top 5 that will give Bama that kind of game again, and everyone knows it.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Once again...LSU and Bama represent the best in college. There are no teams in the top 5 that will give Bama that kind of game again, and everyone knows it.

Maybe. It will be interesting to see how this year's Notre Dame team or the other top 5 teams handle Alabama in a National Title game.

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Yesterday was definitely an awesome weekend for college football. My
'Horns won, ND's heart to not quit and pull out a win and the 'Bama vs LSU game was an instant classic. And the Oregon vs USC shootout.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yesterday was definitely an awesome weekend for college football. My
'Horns won, ND's heart to not quit and pull out a win and the 'Bama vs LSU game was an instant classic. And the Oregon vs USC shootout.

No doubt about it, my friend and that is why I love the game so much.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Maybe. It will be interesting to see how this year's Notre Dame team or the other top 5 teams handle Alabama in a National Title game.

If you look at each team, you can pretty much see that none of them individually have what it takes to put Bama's strength to the test...LSU was the only one, they have the speed and the weapons to make it happen, but it just wasn't enough this year.

I see UGA falling easily in the SEC championship...and i see Oregon getting their shot at the national title game (Notre Dame and KSU will not beat out Oregon if they all remain undefeated). Oregon falls to Bama by 20+...that's just my view on it, Oregon will probably score a good bit on Bama, but their defense will not stop that power.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If you look at each team, you can pretty much see that none of them individually have what it takes to put Bama's strength to the test
From that perspective, I'm in agreement with you.
...LSU was the only one, they have the speed and the weapons to make it happen, but it just wasn't enough this year.
That statement has been proven true...:)

I see UGA falling easily in the SEC championship
Easily? I'm not so sure about that. After half time? Yes, they will fall.
...and i see Oregon getting their shot at the national title game (Notre Dame and KSU will not beat out Oregon if they all remain undefeated).
KSU is currently ranked number two in the BCS rankings, I believe. I doubt that Notre Dame will bolt into the national title game, but I'm not sure that Oregon will overtake KSU if both remain undefeated. Of course I don't know what their remaining schedule looks like either.
Oregon falls to Bama by 20+...that's just my view on it, Oregon will probably score a good bit on Bama, but their defense will not stop that power.
Time will indeed tell, my friend. GOD willing, I'll be watching the game regardless of what teams are playing. :D Take care, Sean, and enjoy the rest of your day.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Notable games this week in College Football:

Thursday 7:30 PM
FSU vs Virginia Tech

Friday 8:00 PM
Pitt vs UConn

Saturday
Northwestern vs Michigan 12 PM
Texas vs Iowa St. 12 PM
Miami vs Virginia 12 PM
Iowa vs Purdue 12 PM
South Carolina vs Arkansas 12 PM
Georgia Tech vs N. Carolina 12:30 PM
Oregon St vs Stanford 3:00 PM
Penn St vs Nebraska 3:30 PM
Alabama vs Texas A&M 3:30 PM
Georgia vs Auburn 7:00 PM
LSU vs Miss. St. 7:00 PM
Kansas St. vs TCU 7:00 PM
Notre Dame vs Boston College 8:00 PM

Oregon vs Cal 10:30 PM

Last edited:

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Alabama vs Texas A&M might be a tougher challenge than most people think. I always love watching the fsu vs vt game. Always have good defenses playing

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Notable games this week in College Football:

Thursday 7:30 PM
FSU vs Virginia Tech

Friday 8:00 PM
Pitt vs UConn

Saturday
Northwestern vs Michigan 12 PM
Texas vs Iowa St. 12 PM
Miami vs Virginia 12 PM
Iowa vs Purdue 12 PM
South Carolina vs Arkansas 12 PM
Georgia Tech vs N. Carolina 12:30 PM
Oregon St vs Stanford 3:00 PM
Penn St vs Nebraska 3:30 PM
Alabama vs Texas A&M 3:30 PM
Georgia vs Auburn 7:00 PM
LSU vs Miss. St. 7:00 PM
Kansas St. vs TCU 7:00 PM
Notre Dame vs Boston College 8:00 PM

Oregon vs Cal 10:30 PM

I'll take the Irish over BC. The Golden Eagles don't have Doug Flutie any more. Ha, Ha. GO IRISH!!!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
From that perspective, I'm in agreement with you. That statement has been proven true...:)

Easily? I'm not so sure about that. After half time? Yes, they will fall. KSU is currently ranked number two in the BCS rankings, I believe. I doubt that Notre Dame will bolt into the national title game, but I'm not sure that Oregon will overtake KSU if both remain undefeated. Of course I don't know what their remaining schedule looks like either. Time will indeed tell, my friend. GOD willing, I'll be watching the game regardless of what teams are playing. :D Take care, Sean, and enjoy the rest of your day.

Oregon has the toughest schedule out of those 3 teams with #14 Stanford and #11 Oregon St. closing out their season (with the only down side to this being that those two teams play each other this weekend, and one of them will drop in the rankings, but certainly not OUT of the rankings). KSU plays Texas later (but they need to be on upset watch this weekend as TCU has been known as a giant killer in the past...just ask Boise St.) Notre Dame plays USC...this is probably the weakest of the three teams match ups closing out the season (they have low end ACC matchups other than USC, which basically eliminates their strength of schedule).

So essentially you have Oregon playing two top 20 ranked teams, KSU playing one top 20 and Notre Dame simply playing a ranked USC (which to me shouldn't be...they also lost to Stanford AND Oregon, so their "clout" even if Notre Dame wins is shot in the foot from the get go). Looking at this, if they all remain undefeated, i can't see any possible way that Oregon misses out on their national title spot, it's purely strength of schedule combined with beating teams that the other teams are playing to end the season.

Where Notre Dame and KSU need to keep their eyes is UGA playing Auburn this weekend...UGA should handily beat Auburn, but if they beat Auburn by a substantial amount (say 20+ points) or hold Auburn to less than 7, UGA will certainly achieve bids towards their SEC championship game, at that point, if they are able to beat Alabama, UGA could jump both Notre Dame and KSU as the national title contender (again, based on strength of schedule and the fact that the SEC is almost always a shoe in for the BCS championship game if they are flirting with the top).

It's interesting and pretty close, but if everything happens as it should, you will see Alabama playing Oregon in the BCS championship game...and it will be a blow out (in my opinion).

- - - Updated - - -

I also want to add that i will be supporting the l_l against Clemson in the ACC championship game! (that is if Miami decides to remain in the season and not concede the bowl game because of the sanctions coming down the pipe line). Clemson is quite beatable, my terrible yellow jackets almost did it, and you guys beat us so it will probably be a good game. You wont hear this from me a lot, so suck it up JustMe'D, it's like seeing halley's comet!

Go PELICANS!

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
...snipped...

- - - Updated - - -

I also want to add that i will be supporting the l_l against Clemson in the ACC championship game! (that is if Miami decides to remain in the season and not concede the bowl game because of the sanctions coming down the pipe line). Clemson is quite beatable, my terrible yellow jackets almost did it, and you guys beat us so it will probably be a good game. You wont hear this from me a lot, so suck it up JustMe'D, it's like seeing halley's comet!

Go PELICANS!

In regard to the strength of schedule by the aforementioned teams, I definitely agree with you, but the BCS system isn't perfect and never was. Money and viewership is still factored in...un officially, of course...:)....I also agree with you in reference to Georgia. They should beat Auburn handedly but Auburn is Auburn and like the U of old, they relish in upsetting teams that are in the hunt for a national title. Speaking of the U, I know it was difficult for you to publicly post that you would be rooting for us after the pistol whipping we put on your beloved honeybees, er um, yellow jackets (sorry 'bout that...;) :D). Still, your support is appreciated and to show our thanks, I am certain that the 'Canes can avenge your loss to Clemson, if they actually make it that far. But don't worry, my friend. I won't tell anyone that SEAN IS A PART TIME MIAMI HURRICANES FAN! ... Your secret is safe with me...:D

Last edited:

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
In regard to the strength of schedule by the aforementioned teams, I definitely agree with you, but the BCS system isn't perfect and never was. Money and viewership is still factored in...un officially, of course...:)....I also agree with you in reference to Georgia. They should beat Auburn handedly but Auburn is Auburn and like the U of old, they relish in upsetting teams that are in the hunt for a national title. Speaking if the U, I know it was difficult for you to public post that you would be rooting for us after the pistol whipping we put on your beloved honeybees, er um, yellow jackets (sorry 'bout that...;)D). Still, your support is appreciated and to show our thanks, I am certain that the 'Canes can avenge your loss to Clemson, if they actually make it that far. But don't worry, my friend. I won't tell anyone that SEAN IS A PART TIME MIAMI HURRICANES FAN! ... Your secret is safe with me...:D

Oh trust me, i know that the system is far from perfect, and doesn't always make sense, but as far as viewerships go, Notre Dame would be the only one with that card in hand (KSU can't even begin to bring the numbers like Notre Dame...or Oregon).

That and i just can't see Notre Dame beating USC, and i think KSU is going to be the falling giant this season...also...

You, sir...can go to hell (or jail, whichever comes faster for your typical Miami supporter...stabbed anyone lately? ;) )

Sincerely,

Honey Bees

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Oh trust me, i know that the system is far from perfect, and doesn't always make sense, but as far as viewerships go, Notre Dame would be the only one with that card in hand (KSU can't even begin to bring the numbers like Notre Dame...or Oregon).

That and i just can't see Notre Dame beating USC, and i think KSU is going to be the falling giant this season...also...

You, sir...can go to hell.

Sincerely,

Honey Bees

(Laughing)...Dude, I'm not feeling the love...What's up with that?...:D....ROFL

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
You quoted it before i added the real comedy gold!

I know, and I also read the updated version...I couldn't resist taking a pot shot at you..:D....I suppose it comes with the territory of being a devoted U fan. You should know, being that you're a closet fan of the U....lol...;)

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
The Irish should be able to defeat Boston College as long as they don't underestimate and overlook them.

ND left so much on the field at OK., they had to rally to beat Pitt. That won't happen with BC, Wake Forest, or USC. The "Bush Push" won't work any more, and besides, OJ is still in jail. HaHa.:p
The Irish will be 12-0, but that may only put them in third place.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods