NCAA Football 2012!!!1111!1!!11!!2

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Florida is a good team, it's not like you guys lost to a D2 school or anything.

---------- Post Merged at 04:26 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:26 PM ----------

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site

---------- Post Merged at 04:26 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:26 PM ----------

Ain't gonna be any better next week: South Carolina.

Good Luck

mikesa_tx

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
LSU and South Carolina should be a good game. Lattimore is a beast though. We will see if the Tigers defense can contain him. My seminoles on the other hand!!!! Still feeling that loss to NC STATE!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
That FSU loss was terrible for the ACC...Clemson is not the team reflective of their ranking, and i was really hoping FSU would prove themselves worthy this season, only to have that hope completely destroyed by such a half witted loss.

This place is so nice without many/any UGA fans, it's lovely to talk about college football and not hear how UGA should be in the national title contention after getting exposed like they did.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
That FSU loss was terrible for the ACC...Clemson is not the team reflective of their ranking, and i was really hoping FSU would prove themselves worthy this season, only to have that hope completely destroyed by such a half witted loss.

This place is so nice without many/any UGA fans, it's lovely to talk about college football and not hear how UGA should be in the national title contention after getting exposed like they did.

Both FSU & Notre Dame are excellent football teams, but they are hyped to be greater than they are by the sports media and it has been that way for years, in my personal opinion. FSU is a top 10 team but not top 5 and I feel the same way about Notre Dame. Having dominant Notre Dame, FSU & Miami teams are great for college football but the S.E.C is where the real talent is right now. Still, it is only a matter of time before the A.C.C be the dominant force it was intended to be when VaTech & the U joined it a few years back. As for Notre Dame, they are still standing and time will tell if they belong in the hunt for the title. In regard to Miami, I'm glad we are loaded with young raw talent because they could very well be in the hunt by the time they are seniors. At least that is what I'm hoping.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I see that as well, which is why i am desperately hoping that Paul Johnson is fired as GT's coach (im sure you saw we fired our defensive coach Groh yesterday)...we have to get our team back to a normal offense in order to have legitimate potential against teams like the SEC has right now, I'm frankly pretty sick and tired of being no threat to UGA here in our own state, but also, no threat to any top ranked team anyways. I want another championship trophy in our stadium, the one from 1990 is getting a bit dusty.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
There are two college football games tonight:

Game 1 - Western Kentucky vs Troy at 7:30 PM on ESPNU & ESPN3

Game 2 - Arizona State vs Colorado at 9:00 PM on ESPN

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
Game Day baby,
Gotta love Saturday's in the fall.
Watching College football all day and night.
Good Luck to all.
Geaux Tigers

haxrnick

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Nice to see West Virginia get it handed to them by an unranked team. Now it's time for Ohio State to put it to Indiana.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I honestly feel that Florida deserves the #1 spot more than Alabama right now...and i know a "tide" (lol) of people would disagree with me, but Florida has played a tougher schedule this year, and that is basically all the rankings are based on these days right? Strength of schedule? Who has Alabama played so far? Nobody really, they don't play any of the top running SEC east teams, and besides their yearly game with LSU, their entire schedule has been a gimme in my opinion.

Florida on the other hand HAS played top ranked teams (and will continue to do so), they still have Georgia, South Carolina and FSU...hell, even Oregon has 3 more ranked opponents this season...both of them have played multiple ranked teams thus far where as Alabama has played one.

If you want my view...the top three goes...

Florida
Oregon
Alabama

...the rest of the top 10 I'm ok with.

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
I honestly feel that Florida deserves the #1 spot more than Alabama right now...and i know a "tide" (lol) of people would disagree with me, but Florida has played a tougher schedule this year, and that is basically all the rankings are based on these days right? Strength of schedule? Who has Alabama played so far? Nobody really, they don't play any of the top running SEC east teams, and besides their yearly game with LSU, their entire schedule has been a gimme in my opinion.

Florida on the other hand HAS played top ranked teams (and will continue to do so), they still have Georgia, South Carolina and FSU...hell, even Oregon has 3 more ranked opponents this season...both of them have played multiple ranked teams thus far where as Alabama has played one.

If you want my view...the top three goes...

Florida
Oregon
Alabama

...the rest of the top 10 I'm ok with.

I'd have to agree with u on Florida. This has been a crazy year already with so many top 10 teams already with a loss. I don't think u can legitimately consider beating Michigan when they were ranked 8th because they NEVER deserved to be ranked that high.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I'd have to agree with u on Florida. This has been a crazy year already with so many top 10 teams already with a loss. I don't think u can legitimately consider beating Michigan when they were ranked 8th because they NEVER deserved to be ranked that high.

Exactly...it's just like USC, why is USC still ranked so high? It's ridiculous! They had NOTHING to go on from the last several seasons except recruiting classes, and yet, after having their asses handed to them earlier by Stanford, and then squeaking out a couple of wins against non-ranked teams, they're #10? Are you kidding me? UGA (which i hate passionately) deserves #10 over USC!

The BCS is a friggin' sham, and i can't wait to be at least partially done with it in 2014...it can't come fast enough.

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Exactly...it's just like USC, why is USC still ranked so high? It's ridiculous! They had NOTHING to go on from the last several seasons except recruiting classes, and yet, after having their asses handed to them earlier by Stanford, and then squeaking out a couple of wins against non-ranked teams, they're #10? Are you kidding me? UGA (which i hate passionately) deserves #10 over USC!

The BCS is a friggin' sham, and i can't wait to be at least partially done with it in 2014...it can't come fast enough.

It's all about $$ and who will draw more tv ratings and fans who travel well. Which is why Boise State got screwed twice. Can't wait till they start the playoff system.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods