NCAA Football 2012!!!1111!1!!11!!2

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
lol...i give you credit, you stand behind your team even in the face of this team. Now if you could only convince them to man up and join a conference! :D

Is joining a conference what it will take, for you to give ND some love? What conference would you suggest? Geographically speaking, teams from Mississippi should not be in the South East Conference. Last time i checked, Arizona does not touch the Pacific Ocean, so why are they in the Pac-12? :rolleyes:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The U is in Coral Gables, is it not. I believe that's closer to Miami, than Orlando. :p

Yes, Coral Gables is basically down the street, so to speak. I was saying that I didn't have an incentive to make the 3.5 hour drive from Orlando to Miami....If either team was playing the U then that would be enough incentive for me to go there...:D...In the meantime, if I travel to Florida, it will be to Orlando, my home, and I will watch the game with family & friends..:)

Last edited:

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Yes, Coral Gables is basically down the street, so to speak. I was saying that I had an incentive to make the 3.5 hour drive from Orlando to Miami....If either team was playing the U then that would be enough incentive for me to go there...:D...In the meantime, if I travel to Florida, it will be to Orlando, my home, and I will watch the game with family & friends..:)

Sounds good. Hope you enjoy the Irish beatdown of 'Bama. HaHa.;)

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm bummed out that Manti Te'o didn't get the Heisman Trophy. No defensive player has ever won it, and probably never will. My complaint is that they gave it to a freshman! That guy has three more years to go. Oh well, i guess that Te'o will take out his frustration on Alabama. I wouldn't want to be the first guy that he hits in the championship game. HaHa.:)

haxrnick

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Woodson attended the University of Michigan, and played for the Michigan Wolverines football team. He became the starter after the second game of his freshman season and played in 34 straight games. In addition to playing cornerback, he returned punts and occasionally played as a wide receiver.

Charles Woodson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Technically you're right but I would say he hardly won the Heisman for what he did on offense and special teams.

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Woodson attended the University of Michigan, and played for the Michigan Wolverines football team. He became the starter after the second game of his freshman season and played in 34 straight games. In addition to playing cornerback, he returned punts and occasionally played as a wide receiver.

Charles Woodson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Technically you're right but I would say he hardly won the Heisman for what he did on offense and special teams.

O.K., he was more of a defensive player, but my complaint is that they gave that award to a FRESHMAN!!! What happens if he breaks his leg next year, and never plays again? So now, you have a one year wonder, with a Heisman credential. Bullsh*t. Don't give it to a defensive player o.k., but to give it to a first year man, no way! It's a popularity contest, for sure. :p

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
If you go back through history, there have been plenty of Heisman busts...and honestly, i think Manziel was the best choice for the trophy this year. The guy beat top of the food chain in the SEC by putting his team on his back in their FIRST year in the SEC! His performance this season is being overshadowed by the fact that the headlines were focused on UGA and Alabama scuffling for the BCS championship game, but if you look back through the season, in an impossibly tough conference, this true freshman QB found success with all odds against him.

I'm no fan really, i can't stand the SEC...but Klein got exposed against Baylor (otherwise he's a shoe in for the trophy), and while Manti is a fantastic defensive player, let's be honest, without special teams work or a little offensive ability, he's just a tough and skilled defensive player, and in the NFL, they are a dime a dozen. Stand out QB's are very favorable this season because there won't be a lot of them in the draft. Manziel has that swagger to him that lends me to think he'll be a pretty good NFL quarterback...Klein isn't going to do jack squat in the league.

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
If you go back through history, there have been plenty of Heisman busts...and honestly, i think Manziel was the best choice for the trophy this year. The guy beat top of the food chain in the SEC by putting his team on his back in their FIRST year in the SEC! His performance this season is being overshadowed by the fact that the headlines were focused on UGA and Alabama scuffling for the BCS championship game, but if you look back through the season, in an impossibly tough conference, this true freshman QB found success with all odds against him.

I'm no fan really, i can't stand the SEC...but Klein got exposed against Baylor (otherwise he's a shoe in for the trophy), and while Manti is a fantastic defensive player, let's be honest, without special teams work or a little offensive ability, he's just a tough and skilled defensive player, and in the NFL, they are a dime a dozen. Stand out QB's are very favorable this season because there won't be a lot of them in the draft. Manziel has that swagger to him that lends me to think he'll be a pretty good NFL quarterback...Klein isn't going to do jack squat in the league.

I don't agree with giving the Heisman Trophy to a Freshman, period. I really don't care what team that person plays for(yes, even if it's ND). By the way, how did a team from College Station, Texas, get into the South EAST Conference? Who will be next in the SEC, Wyoming State?:rolleyes:

P.S. The first big Heisman bust that comes to mind is...wait for it...DOUG FLUTIE!!!

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
I don't agree with giving the Heisman Trophy to a Freshman, period. I really don't care what team that person plays for(yes, even if it's ND). By the way, how did a team from College Station, Texas, get into the South EAST Conference? Who will be next in the SEC, Wyoming State?:rolleyes:

P.S. The first big Heisman bust that comes to mind is...wait for it...DOUG FLUTIE!!!

If that Freshman is deserving, then I don't see anything wrong with them winning it. People said the same thing about Tebow winning it as a Sophmore. And location doesn't matter anymore when it comes to conference alignment. In what universe is Boise St. considered Big East?? It's gonna get to the point where we will have 4 super conferences and everyone else on the outside.

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
If that Freshman is deserving, then I don't see anything wrong with them winning it. People said the same thing about Tebow winning it as a Sophmore. And location doesn't matter anymore when it comes to conference alignment. In what universe is Boise St. considered Big East?? It's gonna get to the point where we will have 4 super conferences and everyone else on the outside.

You're right about Teblow. He's a great NFL quarterback, NOT. As for conferences, i hope ND stays independent forever. They have the best of everything, plus a sweet t.v. deal. LOL GO IRISH!!!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711