NCAA Football 2012!!!1111!1!!11!!2

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
While I agree just about 100% with you, everyone back in their last national title game against Miami said the same thing. They had no chance. I agree though that this year's team isn't stellar but 12-0 is still 12-0. It's more of just bragging rights at the moment. Because like you said had they played ND in the title game this year it would be a great game. If they played anyone else probably not a great outcome for the Buckeyes. I believe they're 1-9 against SEC teams in bowl games so it always makes me cringe when seeing the bowl selections. The only real powerhouse in the SEC this year I feel is Alabama. I think Georgia is way overrated and Florida is good but not great. More of just a down year in college football this year I'd say.

UGA is a weird team...some weekends they look like Bama would roll (tide, lol) right over them, other weekends they look like they'd hold their own just fine. Truth is, for SEC teams, neither of them really had a tough schedule and that helped them both remain where they are...notice all those SEC teams sitting in the top 10, they were ALL on the level, and personally, I'm just sick to death of seeing the SEC run things, I'd love nothing more than Ohio St. vs. ND...a part of me yearned for ND to beat USC so there was ZERO chance of an SEC vs. SEC national title game again (though i doubt it would have happened anyways). I loath the SEC, and i live in the heart of UGA country, even living walking distance to Georgia Tech, you can't drive around without seeing a hundred UGA flags flying these days. Makes me cringe...I almost want to pull for Bama next weekend, but i hate them almost as much as UGA, lol.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
That will never happen until they man up and join a conference for football...this half ACC half independent crap doesn't work for me. ;)

Now I'm with you in regard to needing to dedicate to a single conference. Had Notre Dame been completely an ACC team, they would have had to beat Florida State in the ACC Conference Championship game before being given the nod to play for the BCS Championship.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Now I'm with you in regard to needing to dedicate to a single conference. Had Notre Dame been completely an ACC team, they would have had to beat Florida State in the ACC Conference Championship game before being given the nod to play for the BCS Championship.

For years i believed the "money" aspect of staying independent, but then i read an article about the amount of money they have turned down by not joining one of several conferences they have been "in talks" about. The ACC football deal was worth MILLIONS...not only for program but for scholarships. That is where i become a bit of a skeptic, wondering why they remain independent (one of the last as well)...then things like this season pop up, no conference championship game, and no big deal if the team turns out to be a dud during regular season because of the automatic bowl bid after 6 wins (or whatever the number is)...

It's essentially like an NFL team going undefeated and getting to skip the playoffs...auto bid to the Super Bowl. To me, that's crap.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
While I agree just about 100% with you, everyone back in their last national title game against Miami said the same thing. They had no chance.
You're right. OSU put up one heckuva a battle against the U, and with the help of a referee, they were given a chance to win the championship. :(
I agree though that this year's team isn't stellar but 12-0 is still 12-0. It's more of just bragging rights at the moment.
No doubt
Because like you said had they played ND in the title game this year it would be a great game. If they played anyone else probably not a great outcome for the Buckeyes. I believe they're 1-9 against SEC teams in bowl games so it always makes me cringe when seeing the bowl selections.
Don't underestimate this particular OSU team. They are a talented bunch.
The only real powerhouse in the SEC this year I feel is Alabama. I think Georgia is way overrated and Florida is good but not great.
Alabama is the favorite, but they are beatable. Georgia, in my opinion, is NOT overrated. Have they been inconsistent? Of course, but they continue to get the job done and are deserving of their ranking. Florida, in my opinion, is a tad bit overrated and I'm a Gator fan as long as they're not playing Miami.
More of just a down year in college football this year I'd say.
Not me, my friend. I love college football and each year I look forward to watching the games. :)

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
For years i believed the "money" aspect of staying independent, but then i read an article about the amount of money they have turned down by not joining one of several conferences they have been "in talks" about. The ACC football deal was worth MILLIONS...not only for program but for scholarships. That is where i become a bit of a skeptic, wondering why they remain independent (one of the last as well)...then things like this season pop up, no conference championship game, and no big deal if the team turns out to be a dud during regular season because of the automatic bowl bid after 6 wins (or whatever the number is)...

It's essentially like an NFL team going undefeated and getting to skip the playoffs...auto bid to the Super Bowl. To me, that's crap.

I hear ya, but It's smart on Notre Dame's part, though.

haxrnick

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Not me, my friend. I love college football and each year I look forward to watching the games. :)

Don't get me wrong, I love every Saturday and if at all possible I will not leave the house and just watch it all day. I just think the strength of teams this year is down. There isn't that exciting buzz about a championship game this year. Nothing on Notre Dame but I think that has a lot to do with it. I just don't get hyped for a Notre Dame/Alabama/Georgia national title game. Yes I'll watch it being a huge college football fan but I won't be looking forward to that great of a game.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Don't get me wrong, I love every Saturday and if at all possible I will not leave the house and just watch it all day. I just think the strength of teams this year is down. There isn't that exciting buzz about a championship game this year. Nothing on Notre Dame but I think that has a lot to do with it. I just don't get hyped for a Notre Dame/Alabama/Georgia national title game. Yes I'll watch it being a huge college football fan but I won't be looking forward to that great of a game.

I understand what you're saying, my friend...:)...Take care and enjoy the rest of your day.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I fully expect the Atlanta metro area to explode in excitement and drunken UGA fandom Saturday afternoon.

I hear ya. If I'm not mistaken, the games is at 4 o'clock. GOD willing, I'll be tuning in to watch it. Still, I wish it was a primetime game.

Last edited:

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I hear ya. If I'm not mistaken, the games is at 4 o'clock. GOS willing, I'll be tuning in to watch it. Still, I wish it was a primetime game.

Ahem...the primetime game is the ACC Championship, between the very potent FSU and the amazing, unfaltering, beast mode of the GT yellow jackets and their stellar defensive line. (Ramblin' Wreck...beeeeches...)

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Ahem...the primetime game is the ACC Championship, between the very potent FSU and the amazing, unfaltering, beast mode of the GT yellow jackets and their stellar defensive line. (Ramblin' Wreck...beeeeches...)

(Laughing)...You couldn't even type that with a straight face...:)...The beasts will become a feast for the Seminoles and you know it and it's not going to be pretty...Baleedat!....:D

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
The Score Mobile app has been updated for the iPhone and they now have a full featured app for the iPad.
All free

Good Luck

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234