NCAA Football 2012!!!1111!1!!11!!2

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Honestly though, Miami essentially only got a slap on the wrist for the things that were being investigated...I'm surprised they weren't given a pretty harsh penalty before this season even started.

That said...RAMBLIN' WRECK!

http://ecocar.gatech.edu/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/buzz.jpg

"Thus far", they've only got a slap on the wrist and partially because the accuser is serving time in prison and the Penn State debacle made the accusation against the U appear juvenile. In my opinion, the investigation should have concluded and, as you've stated, a penalty should have been issued "before" the start of the season. With that said and now that Miami has self-imposed bowl bans for two consecutive seasons, what can the NCAA effectively do other than hurt them financially?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
"Thus far", they've only got a slap on the wrist and partially because the accuser is serving time in prison and the Penn State debacle made the accusation against the U appear juvenile. In my opinion, the investigation should have concluded and, as you've stated, a penalty should have been issued "before" the start of the season. With that said and now that Miami has self-imposed bowl bans for two consecutive seasons, what can the NCAA effectively do other than hurt them financially?

You said it yourself...hurt them financially, remove more scholarships, cause less students to commit and penalize them for a couple more seasons. I don't dislike Miami enough to want to see them really suffer, but when GT loses their ACC championship from 2009/10 because of a time table issue with submitting evidence for an NCAA investigation, i EXPECT more than what Miami has faced thus far. People talked about the death penalty last year, and i think the situation certainly called for that consideration. I think self imposed bowl omissions are a nice gesture but not enough...and unfortunately, The U just hasn't been relevant enough in the last decade to really stick it to their previous accomplishments...

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
You said it yourself...hurt them financially, remove more scholarships, cause less students to commit and penalize them for a couple more seasons. I don't dislike Miami enough to want to see them really suffer, but when GT loses their ACC championship from 2009/10 because of a time table issue with submitting evidence for an NCAA investigation, i EXPECT more than what Miami has faced thus far. People talked about the death penalty last year, and i think the situation certainly called for that consideration. I think self imposed bowl omissions are a nice gesture but not enough...and unfortunately, The U just hasn't been relevant enough in the last decade to really stick it to their previous accomplishments...

I agree. What happened at Penn State, warranted the "death penalty" for at least 5 years. Thereby denying them any recruiting, until all the current players have moved on.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
You said it yourself...hurt them financially, remove more scholarships, cause less students to commit and penalize them for a couple more seasons.
True
I don't dislike Miami enough to want to see them really suffer,
:)
but when GT loses their ACC championship from 2009/10 because of a time table issue with submitting evidence for an NCAA investigation, i EXPECT more than what Miami has faced thus far.
The only thing Miami has faced thus has been suspensions that occurred last season so I agree.
People talked about the death penalty last year, and i think the situation certainly called for that consideration.
If you're referring to Penn State then I agree, but if you're referring to the Miami situation, I disagree.
I think self imposed bowl omissions are a nice gesture but not enough
For the way that this is being handled by the NCAA, I think it is enough. That, the suspensions and a few other things. Do I think there will be more penalties to come? Heck yeah...
and unfortunately, The U just hasn't been relevant enough in the last decade to really stick it to their previous accomplishments...
Begrudgingly, I have to agree with you (laughing).

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
but it's not about the coaching, it's about BELIEVING. Notre Dame is back, like it or not, and they believe that they can win. That's all it's going to take. GO IRISH!

grunt,
It's gonna take a bit more than BELIEVING to beat BAMA..
But I do hope you guys make it all the way because I would love to see that game.
Good Luck

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
grunt0300, I found this while reading sports related content on Reddit.

View attachment 23071

Well, let's see. My Mom wanted me to become a Priest, but i liked girls too much. I am a Catholic, and Irish, so that must count for something. To whom do i submit my criteria? LOL:p

- - - Updated - - -

grunt0300, I found this while reading sports related content on Reddit.

View attachment 23071

Well, let's see. My Mom wanted me to become a Priest, but i liked girls too much. I am a Catholic, and Irish, so that must count for something. To whom do i submit my criteria? LOL:p

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

- - - Updated - - -

(Laughing)... Heck, I thought you were the author...:p

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
@JustMe'D: Where in grew up in Brooklyn, EVERYBODY rooted for Notre Dame. HAHA. GO IRISH!

- - - Updated - - -

@JustMe'D: Where in grew up in Brooklyn, EVERYBODY rooted for Notre Dame. HAHA. GO IRISH!

Looks like we're back to the dreaded "double posting". Hope they get that fixed this time.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I only have one thing to say this week...TO HELL WITH GEORGIA!

83657fba5273951ec7a791cac5304105.jpg

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711