NCAA Football 2012!!!1111!1!!11!!2

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It was a great game. Someone had to lose it and fortunately for me it was my team.

That was 9 years ago, and can you believe that I still cannot watch the ending of that game whenever it is shown on ESPN Classics? I was ticked to the max that night, but I'm better now. Not completely healed, but better...(laughing)

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
I'll be rooting for Baylor and Stanford tonight. Next week Oregon plays Oregon State. That could be the key to ND playing for the National Title. I know, first we have to go to the hood, to beat USC. I think it can be done.:p

- - - Updated - - -

No sir. I can't say that I do...(laughing)...however, I do recognize the following logo:
View attachment 22987 and yes, it's all about the "U".

Doesn't that stand for Dade County Correctional Facility?

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'll be rooting for Baylor and Stanford tonight. Next week Oregon plays Oregon State. That could be the key to ND playing for the National Title. I know, first we have to go to the hood, to beat USC. I think it can be done.:p

The question is...will it be done? USC just lost to UCLA and given a chance to play spoiler can be quite motivating. It should be quite interesting.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

- - - Updated - - -

Doesn't that stand for Dade County Correctional Facility?

Ah man, that's lowdown and dirty...(laughing)...I wouldn't have said such a thing about Miley Cyrus, oops, I mean the fighting Irish...:D

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
The question is...will it be done? USC just lost to UCLA and given a chance to play spoiler can be quite motivating. It should be quite interesting.

I believe that ND is motivated more than USC. Given the history between the two teams, i really think that it's payback time for the Irish. USC isn't a "spoiler" type of team. They want to win it all, or nothing. This year, it's nothing for them. If they had to, the ND football team would walk to L.A., just to beat USC. GO IRISH!

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

...snipped...
Unless K-State kicks it into gear in the second half, your hopes of Notre Dame playing for a national title increases BIG TIME!

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Oh dang! Both K-State and Oregon lost tonight? WHOA! I suppose Notre Dame and Alabama will occupy the top two spots in the upcoming BCS rankings. As for Baylor, they put the beat down on K-State in a fashion that's reminiscent of the U when they're on top of their game.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Holy sh*t beans! I go to see Skyfall and i come out of the movie to a whole new world! I need to see more movies!

lol @ KSU
lol @ Oregon

...Notre Dame vs. SEC? Ouch. Good luck Irish! Make a statement against USC and put some fear into the Southeastern "Can't"ference.

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
It looks like 1988, all over again. I said a while back that for ND to be effective, they need an Option QB. They have a good one now in Golson. He's a "red shirt" freshman, who's still learning, but i'm starting to see some Tony Rice in him. The combination of Golson leading the offense, and Te'o leading the defense, should get it done in L.A. on Saturday. By the way, Brian Kelly's last coaching assignment was the Cincinnati Bearcats, and guess what...They ran the Option. I believe that it's all good for the Irish. Just to be safe, i will say a "Hail Mary" before the USC game. When Notre Dame wins, it's good for football. GO IRISH!

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Well it's official. Notre Dame is ranked #1 in the latest BCS rankings. The luck of the Irish, huh? :)

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
It looks like 1988, all over again. I said a while back that for ND to be effective, they need an Option QB. They have a good one now in Golson. He's a "red shirt" freshman, who's still learning, but i'm starting to see some Tony Rice in him. The combination of Golson leading the offense, and Te'o leading the defense, should get it done in L.A. on Saturday. By the way, Brian Kelly's last coaching assignment was the Cincinnati Bearcats, and guess what...They ran the Option. I believe that it's all good for the Irish. Just to be safe, i will say a "Hail Mary" before the USC game. When Notre Dame wins, it's good for football. GO IRISH!

Looks like that game against USC just got a bit easier with Matt Barkley out for the game. Looks like ND will make it to the championship game if they don't blow it.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Interesting piece of historic college football history...

Last time UGA won the national title Auburn had no conference wins and their opponent was...wait for it...Notre Dame! And who'd Notre Dame have to beat before they got there? USC!

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Just read the write-up on the USC QB Barkley. Sprained shoulder? What a wimp. If USC was 11-0, do you really think that he would miss the ND game? USC has their ready made excuse now. Trojans? You'll never guess what comes to mind when i say that word.LOL:rolleyes:

Last edited:

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
What is the bowl record of Notre Dame vs SEC football teams?

3-3.

1) 1974 Sugar Bowl - ND 24, Alabama 23
2) 1975 Orange Bowl - ND 13, Alabama 11
3) 1981 Sugar Bowl - Georgia 17, ND 10
4) 1992 Sugar Bowl - ND 39, Florida 28
5) 1997 Independence Bowl - LSU 27, ND 9
6) 2007 Sugar Bowl - LSU 41, ND 14

per wiki.Answers.com

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
What is the bowl record of Notre Dame vs SEC football teams?

3-3.

1) 1974 Sugar Bowl - ND 24, Alabama 23
2) 1975 Orange Bowl - ND 13, Alabama 11
3) 1981 Sugar Bowl - Georgia 17, ND 10
4) 1992 Sugar Bowl - ND 39, Florida 28
5) 1997 Independence Bowl - LSU 27, ND 9
6) 2007 Sugar Bowl - LSU 41, ND 14

per wiki.Answers.com

ND won't be playing LSU. Look at your stats when they've played Alabama. Wasn't Bear Bryant the Alabama coach back then? He was a great coach, but it's not about the coaching, it's about BELIEVING. Notre Dame is back, like it or not, and they believe that they can win. That's all it's going to take. GO IRISH!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Honestly though, Miami essentially only got a slap on the wrist for the things that were being investigated...I'm surprised they weren't given a pretty harsh penalty before this season even started.

That said...RAMBLIN' WRECK!

buzz.jpg

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234