Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617 ... LastLast
Results 326 to 350 of 578
Like Tree39Likes
  1. #326  
    TurboTiger's Avatar
    iMore Elite

    Posts
    2,020 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,501 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.1.2

    Default Re: NCAA Football 2012!!!1111!1!!11!!2

    Quote Originally Posted by grunt0300 View Post
    Number#1, baby!!! Attachment 23218
    Congrats grunt.
    Good Luck

    Apple TV
    iPhone 5S
    iPad Air Wi-Fi
    MacBook Air 13" Mid 2012 Yosemite 10.10
    Cigar Lover
    Thanked by:
    grunt0300 (11-25-2012)
  2. #327  
    grunt0300's Avatar
    iMore Elite

    Posts
    2,015 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,793 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Root 4.4.2

    Default Re: NCAA Football 2012!!!1111!1!!11!!2

    Quote Originally Posted by BLiNK View Post
    so ND struggles (at times) against an unranked SC

    cannot wait for the playoff system. for real
    What type of playoff system are you in favor of? Keep in mind that all these kids are in school, and that would probably have to shorten the football season. A "round robin" type of playoff, would extend the season into January, with the top two playing in February. Do you think that is a good idea, scholastically? I'd like to hear your thoughts, on this matter.
    Give yourself, to the Dark Side!
  3. #328  
    haxrnick's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    368 Posts
    Global Posts
    394 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7

    Default Re: NCAA Football 2012!!!1111!1!!11!!2

    NCAA Football 2012!!!1111!1!!11!!2-ohio-state-beats-michigan-zach-boren-sack.jpg
    o-h-12-0
  4. #329  
    grunt0300's Avatar
    iMore Elite

    Posts
    2,015 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,793 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Root 4.4.2

    Default Re: NCAA Football 2012!!!1111!1!!11!!2

    Quote Originally Posted by haxrnick View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ohio-State-beats-Michigan-Zach-Boren-sack.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	50.6 KB 
ID:	23233
    o-h-12-0
    Unfortunately, 12-0 won't get Ohio State anything, until 2014. Too bad that they don't have Notre Dame on their schedule. HaHa
    Give yourself, to the Dark Side!
  5. Thread AuthorThread Author   #330  
    SeanHRCC's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    8,906 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,908 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

    Default Re: NCAA Football 2012!!!1111!1!!11!!2

    Congrats on the undefeated regular season Notre Dame...enjoy it while it lasts lol! No offense but there is a wall right in front of your golden helmets...and it's not going to be pretty.
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
  6. #331  
    haxrnick's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    368 Posts
    Global Posts
    394 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7

    Default Re: NCAA Football 2012!!!1111!1!!11!!2

    Quote Originally Posted by SeanHRCC View Post
    Congrats on the undefeated regular season Notre Dame...enjoy it while it lasts lol! No offense but there is a wall right in front of your golden helmets...and it's not going to be pretty.
    That's what I'm thinking. Ohio State will be the only undefeated team this year. It's nice seeing what Notre Dame did this year but I see either Georgia or/probably Alabama having a cakewalk of a game with them. OSU getting the AP National Title this year and ranked #1 next year.
  7. #332  
    grunt0300's Avatar
    iMore Elite

    Posts
    2,015 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,793 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Root 4.4.2

    Default Re: NCAA Football 2012!!!1111!1!!11!!2

    Quote Originally Posted by haxrnick View Post
    That's what I'm thinking. Ohio State will be the only undefeated team this year. It's nice seeing what Notre Dame did this year but I see either Georgia or/probably Alabama having a cakewalk of a game with them. OSU getting the AP National Title this year and ranked #1 next year.
    Notre Dame will eat 'Bama for breakfast. The Irish will know who they are playing in a week, and will have plenty of time to prepare. Most college football programs have "scout teams", who's job it is to learn, and run most of the opponent's plays. Alabama better have Forrest Gump on their return team. HaHa. GO IRISH!!!
    Give yourself, to the Dark Side!
  8. Thread AuthorThread Author   #333  
    SeanHRCC's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    8,906 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,908 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

    Default Re: NCAA Football 2012!!!1111!1!!11!!2

    I'd be very surprised if Notre Dame comes within 14 of either Alabama or UGA...
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
  9. #334  
    rdiddy_25's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    3,441 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,251 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0.4/6.1

    Default NCAA Football 2012!!!1111!1!!11!!2

    Quote Originally Posted by SeanHRCC View Post
    I'd be very surprised if Notre Dame comes within 14 of either Alabama or UGA...
    I think they may give either team a tough game.
  10. Thread AuthorThread Author   #335  
    SeanHRCC's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    8,906 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,908 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

    Default Re: NCAA Football 2012!!!1111!1!!11!!2

    Fans will be fans...but sometimes you have to look at the season's history, and in that, Notre Dame is going to have a VERY tough time beating either team. An easy example would be the following game between both clubs...

    Michigan vs. ND - 13-6
    Michigan vs. Bama - 41-14

    ...the differentials on ALL sides of the ball are staggering. And while ND was able to win the game, looking at the stats one can deduce a good bit about a game between Bama and ND. Now we all have the "any given Saturday" comment to contend with, and it's true, anything can happen...who would have thought KSU would fall like they did to Baylor...but keep this in mind, Nick Saban understands the big game like NO other coach in the NCAA right now (and for some time), the man knows how to turn a team on 110% when given enough time, last year he made an LSU team that looked unstoppable seem like a high school team compared to his crimson tide.

    And on the other side of the coin you have UGA...a team headed by a coach that could potentially lose his job if he doesn't make the title game, about 8 players that will unquestionably play in the NFL (and most on the defensive side of the ball), and a team that is so hungry for a national title because they haven't had one since the last time they saw ND...and won.

    ND is a good team...both SEC candidates are good teams with moments of greatness. In the big show, the SEC will win.
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
  11. Thread AuthorThread Author   #336  
    SeanHRCC's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    8,906 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,908 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

    Default Re: NCAA Football 2012!!!1111!1!!11!!2

    And no offense to Ohio State fans, but with half your significant wins coming against teams that were FAR removed from ranking, that undefeated record (while nice) did not represent a top ranked team. If you ended up in the BCS championship game, it may have been a great game against Notre Dame, but you guys would have lost to every other top 10 team (I'd say the same about ND but they squeaked by Stanford in OT so they get the nod there).

    2 years ago Georgia Tech was ranked #6 at the end of the season...and even as a fan i knew it was a fluke because they would have been hammered by the other teams surrounding them (and actually were beaten pretty significantly by Iowa (who i believe were #9) in the Orange Bowl).
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
  12. #337  
    grunt0300's Avatar
    iMore Elite

    Posts
    2,015 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,793 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Root 4.4.2

    Default Re: NCAA Football 2012!!!1111!1!!11!!2

    Don't underestimate Brian Kelly. He's the best coach that ND has had since Lou Holtz. He can run the option with Everett Golson, and they have an excellent defense. They will also have plenty of time to learn the other team's playbook. Whoever ND plays, it will be a down & dirty, old school style football game.

    Give me ND+14, and i'll take that bet all day long. GO IRISH!!!
    Give yourself, to the Dark Side!
  13. Thread AuthorThread Author   #338  
    SeanHRCC's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    8,906 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,908 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

    Default Re: NCAA Football 2012!!!1111!1!!11!!2

    He's a fine coach, and they have a lot of time to prepare...but look at what preparation did for LSU, they actually had more preparation because they actually played Bama AND beat them, not to mention they had a brutal schedule last year. They took their trip to the BCS game with the expectation of a great game...and got embarrassed.

    And ND does have a fine defense at times, but other times, their defense looked atrocious...the Pitt game comes to mind, which you guys should have lost, but by the gift of their kicker, you were able to squeak it out. Pitt is not even a good team, they are an ok team (as were many of the teams you guys played this season).

    Again, ND deserves their spot in the title game...no argument from me there, you beat who you had to and you found ways to win...as far as bets go, there's no way to legitimately make either side give up the cash so we can all talk a big game, the truth is, and this is just my opinion, but here are my calls on either game scenario.

    Bama vs. ND - 42 - 17
    UGA vs. ND - 28 - 14
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
  14. #339  
    grunt0300's Avatar
    iMore Elite

    Posts
    2,015 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,793 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Root 4.4.2

    Default Re: NCAA Football 2012!!!1111!1!!11!!2

    Quote Originally Posted by SeanHRCC View Post
    He's a fine coach, and they have a lot of time to prepare...but look at what preparation did for LSU, they actually had more preparation because they actually played Bama AND beat them, not to mention they had a brutal schedule last year. They took their trip to the BCS game with the expectation of a great game...and got embarrassed.

    And ND does have a fine defense at times, but other times, their defense looked atrocious...the Pitt game comes to mind, which you guys should have lost, but by the gift of their kicker, you were able to squeak it out. Pitt is not even a good team, they are an ok team (as were many of the teams you guys played this season).

    Again, ND deserves their spot in the title game...no argument from me there, you beat who you had to and you found ways to win...as far as bets go, there's no way to legitimately make either side give up the cash so we can all talk a big game, the truth is, and this is just my opinion, but here are my calls on either game scenario.

    Bama vs. ND - 42 - 17
    UGA vs. ND - 28 - 14
    O.K. I don't agree with your predictions, but i understand where you are coming from. We'll just have to wait and see what happens.
    Give yourself, to the Dark Side!
  15. #340  
    haxrnick's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    368 Posts
    Global Posts
    394 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7

    Default Re: NCAA Football 2012!!!1111!1!!11!!2

    Quote Originally Posted by SeanHRCC View Post
    And no offense to Ohio State fans, but with half your significant wins coming against teams that were FAR removed from ranking, that undefeated record (while nice) did not represent a top ranked team. If you ended up in the BCS championship game, it may have been a great game against Notre Dame, but you guys would have lost to every other top 10 team (I'd say the same about ND but they squeaked by Stanford in OT so they get the nod there).

    2 years ago Georgia Tech was ranked #6 at the end of the season...and even as a fan i knew it was a fluke because they would have been hammered by the other teams surrounding them (and actually were beaten pretty significantly by Iowa (who i believe were #9) in the Orange Bowl).
    While I agree just about 100% with you, everyone back in their last national title game against Miami said the same thing. They had no chance. I agree though that this year's team isn't stellar but 12-0 is still 12-0. It's more of just bragging rights at the moment. Because like you said had they played ND in the title game this year it would be a great game. If they played anyone else probably not a great outcome for the Buckeyes. I believe they're 1-9 against SEC teams in bowl games so it always makes me cringe when seeing the bowl selections. The only real powerhouse in the SEC this year I feel is Alabama. I think Georgia is way overrated and Florida is good but not great. More of just a down year in college football this year I'd say.
  16. Thread AuthorThread Author   #341  
    SeanHRCC's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    8,906 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,908 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

    Default Re: NCAA Football 2012!!!1111!1!!11!!2

    Quote Originally Posted by haxrnick View Post
    While I agree just about 100% with you, everyone back in their last national title game against Miami said the same thing. They had no chance. I agree though that this year's team isn't stellar but 12-0 is still 12-0. It's more of just bragging rights at the moment. Because like you said had they played ND in the title game this year it would be a great game. If they played anyone else probably not a great outcome for the Buckeyes. I believe they're 1-9 against SEC teams in bowl games so it always makes me cringe when seeing the bowl selections. The only real powerhouse in the SEC this year I feel is Alabama. I think Georgia is way overrated and Florida is good but not great. More of just a down year in college football this year I'd say.
    UGA is a weird team...some weekends they look like Bama would roll (tide, lol) right over them, other weekends they look like they'd hold their own just fine. Truth is, for SEC teams, neither of them really had a tough schedule and that helped them both remain where they are...notice all those SEC teams sitting in the top 10, they were ALL on the level, and personally, I'm just sick to death of seeing the SEC run things, I'd love nothing more than Ohio St. vs. ND...a part of me yearned for ND to beat USC so there was ZERO chance of an SEC vs. SEC national title game again (though i doubt it would have happened anyways). I loath the SEC, and i live in the heart of UGA country, even living walking distance to Georgia Tech, you can't drive around without seeing a hundred UGA flags flying these days. Makes me cringe...I almost want to pull for Bama next weekend, but i hate them almost as much as UGA, lol.
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
  17. #342  
    grunt0300's Avatar
    iMore Elite

    Posts
    2,015 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,793 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Root 4.4.2

    Default Re: NCAA Football 2012!!!1111!1!!11!!2

    Just root for Notre Dame, and you won't be disappointed.
    Give yourself, to the Dark Side!
  18. Thread AuthorThread Author   #343  
    SeanHRCC's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    8,906 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,908 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

    Default Re: NCAA Football 2012!!!1111!1!!11!!2

    That will never happen until they man up and join a conference for football...this half ACC half independent crap doesn't work for me.
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
    JustMe'D likes this.
  19. #344  
    JustMe'D's Avatar

    Posts
    22,080 Posts
    Global Posts
    22,314 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0.4

    Default NCAA Football 2012!!!1111!1!!11!!2

    Quote Originally Posted by SeanHRCC View Post
    That will never happen until they man up and join a conference for football...this half ACC half independent crap doesn't work for me.
    Now I'm with you in regard to needing to dedicate to a single conference. Had Notre Dame been completely an ACC team, they would have had to beat Florida State in the ACC Conference Championship game before being given the nod to play for the BCS Championship.
  20. Thread AuthorThread Author   #345  
    SeanHRCC's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    8,906 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,908 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

    Default Re: NCAA Football 2012!!!1111!1!!11!!2

    Quote Originally Posted by JustMe'D View Post
    Now I'm with you in regard to needing to dedicate to a single conference. Had Notre Dame been completely an ACC team, they would have had to beat Florida State in the ACC Conference Championship game before being given the nod to play for the BCS Championship.
    For years i believed the "money" aspect of staying independent, but then i read an article about the amount of money they have turned down by not joining one of several conferences they have been "in talks" about. The ACC football deal was worth MILLIONS...not only for program but for scholarships. That is where i become a bit of a skeptic, wondering why they remain independent (one of the last as well)...then things like this season pop up, no conference championship game, and no big deal if the team turns out to be a dud during regular season because of the automatic bowl bid after 6 wins (or whatever the number is)...

    It's essentially like an NFL team going undefeated and getting to skip the playoffs...auto bid to the Super Bowl. To me, that's crap.
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
  21. #346  
    JustMe'D's Avatar

    Posts
    22,080 Posts
    Global Posts
    22,314 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0.4

    Default NCAA Football 2012!!!1111!1!!11!!2

    Quote Originally Posted by haxrnick View Post
    While I agree just about 100% with you, everyone back in their last national title game against Miami said the same thing. They had no chance.
    You're right. OSU put up one heckuva a battle against the U, and with the help of a referee, they were given a chance to win the championship.
    I agree though that this year's team isn't stellar but 12-0 is still 12-0. It's more of just bragging rights at the moment.
    No doubt
    Because like you said had they played ND in the title game this year it would be a great game. If they played anyone else probably not a great outcome for the Buckeyes. I believe they're 1-9 against SEC teams in bowl games so it always makes me cringe when seeing the bowl selections.
    Don't underestimate this particular OSU team. They are a talented bunch.
    The only real powerhouse in the SEC this year I feel is Alabama. I think Georgia is way overrated and Florida is good but not great.
    Alabama is the favorite, but they are beatable. Georgia, in my opinion, is NOT overrated. Have they been inconsistent? Of course, but they continue to get the job done and are deserving of their ranking. Florida, in my opinion, is a tad bit overrated and I'm a Gator fan as long as they're not playing Miami.
    More of just a down year in college football this year I'd say.
    Not me, my friend. I love college football and each year I look forward to watching the games.
  22. #347  
    JustMe'D's Avatar

    Posts
    22,080 Posts
    Global Posts
    22,314 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0.4

    Default NCAA Football 2012!!!1111!1!!11!!2

    Quote Originally Posted by SeanHRCC View Post
    For years i believed the "money" aspect of staying independent, but then i read an article about the amount of money they have turned down by not joining one of several conferences they have been "in talks" about. The ACC football deal was worth MILLIONS...not only for program but for scholarships. That is where i become a bit of a skeptic, wondering why they remain independent (one of the last as well)...then things like this season pop up, no conference championship game, and no big deal if the team turns out to be a dud during regular season because of the automatic bowl bid after 6 wins (or whatever the number is)...

    It's essentially like an NFL team going undefeated and getting to skip the playoffs...auto bid to the Super Bowl. To me, that's crap.
    I hear ya, but It's smart on Notre Dame's part, though.
  23. #348  
    haxrnick's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    368 Posts
    Global Posts
    394 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7

    Default Re: NCAA Football 2012!!!1111!1!!11!!2

    Quote Originally Posted by JustMe'D View Post
    Not me, my friend. I love college football and each year I look forward to watching the games.
    Don't get me wrong, I love every Saturday and if at all possible I will not leave the house and just watch it all day. I just think the strength of teams this year is down. There isn't that exciting buzz about a championship game this year. Nothing on Notre Dame but I think that has a lot to do with it. I just don't get hyped for a Notre Dame/Alabama/Georgia national title game. Yes I'll watch it being a huge college football fan but I won't be looking forward to that great of a game.
  24. #349  
    JustMe'D's Avatar

    Posts
    22,080 Posts
    Global Posts
    22,314 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0.4

    Default NCAA Football 2012!!!1111!1!!11!!2

    Quote Originally Posted by haxrnick View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I love every Saturday and if at all possible I will not leave the house and just watch it all day. I just think the strength of teams this year is down. There isn't that exciting buzz about a championship game this year. Nothing on Notre Dame but I think that has a lot to do with it. I just don't get hyped for a Notre Dame/Alabama/Georgia national title game. Yes I'll watch it being a huge college football fan but I won't be looking forward to that great of a game.
    I understand what you're saying, my friend......Take care and enjoy the rest of your day.
  25. Thread AuthorThread Author   #350  
    SeanHRCC's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    8,906 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,908 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

    Default Re: NCAA Football 2012!!!1111!1!!11!!2

    In Georgia...the buzz is more of a freight train roar, lol. I'd say the excitement level here is quite strong.
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions