Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Global Posts
    19,256 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default NCAA Football 2012!!!1111!1!!11!!2

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHRCC View Post
    If you look at each team, you can pretty much see that none of them individually have what it takes to put Bama's strength to the test
    From that perspective, I'm in agreement with you.
    ...LSU was the only one, they have the speed and the weapons to make it happen, but it just wasn't enough this year.
    That statement has been proven true...

I see UGA falling easily in the SEC championship
    Easily? I'm not so sure about that. After half time? Yes, they will fall.
    ...and i see Oregon getting their shot at the national title game (Notre Dame and KSU will not beat out Oregon if they all remain undefeated).
    KSU is currently ranked number two in the BCS rankings, I believe. I doubt that Notre Dame will bolt into the national title game, but I'm not sure that Oregon will overtake KSU if both remain undefeated. Of course I don't know what their remaining schedule looks like either.
    Oregon falls to Bama by 20+...that's just my view on it, Oregon will probably score a good bit on Bama, but their defense will not stop that power.
    Time will indeed tell, my friend. GOD willing, I'll be watching the game regardless of what teams are playing. Take care, Sean, and enjoy the rest of your day.

Global Posts
    19,256 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Notable games this week in College Football:

Thursday 7:30 PM
    FSU vs Virginia Tech

Friday 8:00 PM
    Pitt vs UConn

Saturday
    Northwestern vs Michigan 12 PM
    Texas vs Iowa St. 12 PM
    Miami vs Virginia 12 PM
    Iowa vs Purdue 12 PM
    South Carolina vs Arkansas 12 PM
    Georgia Tech vs N. Carolina 12:30 PM
    Oregon St vs Stanford 3:00 PM
    Penn St vs Nebraska 3:30 PM
    Alabama vs Texas A&M 3:30 PM
    Georgia vs Auburn 7:00 PM
    LSU vs Miss. St. 7:00 PM
    Kansas St. vs TCU 7:00 PM
    Notre Dame vs Boston College 8:00 PM

Oregon vs Cal 10:30 PM
    Last edited by JustMe'D; 11-05-2012 at 05:46 PM.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,201 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0.4/6.1

Alabama vs Texas A&M might be a tougher challenge than most people think. I always love watching the fsu vs vt game. Always have good defenses playing

Global Posts
    19,256 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by rdiddy_25 View Post
    Alabama vs Texas A&M might be a tougher challenge than most people think.
    We will see soon enough, my friend...
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    6,393 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Re: NCAA Football 2012!!!1111!1!!11!!2

Tks for the shcedule JMD
    I'll be watching everything I possible can.
    Geaux Tigers

Apple TV
    iPhone 5S
    iPad 2 Wi-Fi
    MacBook Air 13" Mid 2012 Mavericks 10.9.4
    Cigar Lover

Global Posts
    19,256 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    Tks for the shcedule JMD
    I'll be watching everything I possible can.
    Geaux Tigers
    You're very welcome, my friend. Take care and enjoy the rest of your evening...
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    3,599 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Root 4.4.2

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe'D View Post
    Notable games this week in College Football:

Thursday 7:30 PM
    FSU vs Virginia Tech

Friday 8:00 PM
    Pitt vs UConn

Saturday
    Northwestern vs Michigan 12 PM
    Texas vs Iowa St. 12 PM
    Miami vs Virginia 12 PM
    Iowa vs Purdue 12 PM
    South Carolina vs Arkansas 12 PM
    Georgia Tech vs N. Carolina 12:30 PM
    Oregon St vs Stanford 3:00 PM
    Penn St vs Nebraska 3:30 PM
    Alabama vs Texas A&M 3:30 PM
    Georgia vs Auburn 7:00 PM
    LSU vs Miss. St. 7:00 PM
    Kansas St. vs TCU 7:00 PM
    Notre Dame vs Boston College 8:00 PM

Oregon vs Cal 10:30 PM
    I'll take the Irish over BC. The Golden Eagles don't have Doug Flutie any more. Ha, Ha. GO IRISH!!!
    Give yourself, to the Dark Side!

Global Posts
    19,256 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by grunt0300 View Post
    I'll take the Irish over BC. The Golden Eagles don't have Doug Flutie any more. Ha, Ha. GO IRISH!!!
    The Irish should be able to defeat Boston College as long as they don't underestimate and overlook them.
  9. Thread AuthorThread Author   #234  
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,016 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

From that perspective, I'm in agreement with you. That statement has been proven true...

Easily? I'm not so sure about that. After half time? Yes, they will fall. KSU is currently ranked number two in the BCS rankings, I believe. I doubt that Notre Dame will bolt into the national title game, but I'm not sure that Oregon will overtake KSU if both remain undefeated. Of course I don't know what their remaining schedule looks like either. Time will indeed tell, my friend. GOD willing, I'll be watching the game regardless of what teams are playing. Take care, Sean, and enjoy the rest of your day.
    Oregon has the toughest schedule out of those 3 teams with #14 Stanford and #11 Oregon St. closing out their season (with the only down side to this being that those two teams play each other this weekend, and one of them will drop in the rankings, but certainly not OUT of the rankings). KSU plays Texas later (but they need to be on upset watch this weekend as TCU has been known as a giant killer in the past...just ask Boise St.) Notre Dame plays USC...this is probably the weakest of the three teams match ups closing out the season (they have low end ACC matchups other than USC, which basically eliminates their strength of schedule).

So essentially you have Oregon playing two top 20 ranked teams, KSU playing one top 20 and Notre Dame simply playing a ranked USC (which to me shouldn't be...they also lost to Stanford AND Oregon, so their "clout" even if Notre Dame wins is shot in the foot from the get go). Looking at this, if they all remain undefeated, i can't see any possible way that Oregon misses out on their national title spot, it's purely strength of schedule combined with beating teams that the other teams are playing to end the season.

Where Notre Dame and KSU need to keep their eyes is UGA playing Auburn this weekend...UGA should handily beat Auburn, but if they beat Auburn by a substantial amount (say 20+ points) or hold Auburn to less than 7, UGA will certainly achieve bids towards their SEC championship game, at that point, if they are able to beat Alabama, UGA could jump both Notre Dame and KSU as the national title contender (again, based on strength of schedule and the fact that the SEC is almost always a shoe in for the BCS championship game if they are flirting with the top).

It's interesting and pretty close, but if everything happens as it should, you will see Alabama playing Oregon in the BCS championship game...and it will be a blow out (in my opinion).

- - - Updated - - -

I also want to add that i will be supporting the l_l against Clemson in the ACC championship game! (that is if Miami decides to remain in the season and not concede the bowl game because of the sanctions coming down the pipe line). Clemson is quite beatable, my terrible yellow jackets almost did it, and you guys beat us so it will probably be a good game. You wont hear this from me a lot, so suck it up JustMe'D, it's like seeing halley's comet!

Go PELICANS!
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

Global Posts
    19,256 Global Posts
    iOS Version

...snipped...

- - - Updated - - -

I also want to add that i will be supporting the l_l against Clemson in the ACC championship game! (that is if Miami decides to remain in the season and not concede the bowl game because of the sanctions coming down the pipe line). Clemson is quite beatable, my terrible yellow jackets almost did it, and you guys beat us so it will probably be a good game. You wont hear this from me a lot, so suck it up JustMe'D, it's like seeing halley's comet!

Go PELICANS!
    In regard to the strength of schedule by the aforementioned teams, I definitely agree with you, but the BCS system isn't perfect and never was. Money and viewership is still factored in...un officially, of course.......I also agree with you in reference to Georgia. They should beat Auburn handedly but Auburn is Auburn and like the U of old, they relish in upsetting teams that are in the hunt for a national title. Speaking of the U, I know it was difficult for you to publicly post that you would be rooting for us after the pistol whipping we put on your beloved honeybees, er um, yellow jackets (sorry 'bout that... ). Still, your support is appreciated and to show our thanks, I am certain that the 'Canes can avenge your loss to Clemson, if they actually make it that far. But don't worry, my friend. I won't tell anyone that SEAN IS A PART TIME MIAMI HURRICANES FAN! ... Your secret is safe with me...
    Last edited by JustMe'D; 11-08-2012 at 01:35 PM.
  11. Thread AuthorThread Author   #236  
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,016 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

In regard to the strength of schedule by the aforementioned teams, I definitely agree with you, but the BCS system isn't perfect and never was. Money and viewership is still factored in...un officially, of course.......I also agree with you in reference to Georgia. They should beat Auburn handedly but Auburn is Auburn and like the U of old, they relish in upsetting teams that are in the hunt for a national title. Speaking if the U, I know it was difficult for you to public post that you would be rooting for us after the pistol whipping we put on your beloved honeybees, er um, yellow jackets (sorry 'bout that...D). Still, your support is appreciated and to show our thanks, I am certain that the 'Canes can avenge your loss to Clemson, if they actually make it that far. But don't worry, my friend. I won't tell anyone that SEAN IS A PART TIME MIAMI HURRICANES FAN! ... Your secret is safe with me...
    Oh trust me, i know that the system is far from perfect, and doesn't always make sense, but as far as viewerships go, Notre Dame would be the only one with that card in hand (KSU can't even begin to bring the numbers like Notre Dame...or Oregon).

That and i just can't see Notre Dame beating USC, and i think KSU is going to be the falling giant this season...also...

You, sir...can go to hell (or jail, whichever comes faster for your typical Miami supporter...stabbed anyone lately? )

Sincerely,

Honey Bees
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

Global Posts
    19,256 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Oh trust me, i know that the system is far from perfect, and doesn't always make sense, but as far as viewerships go, Notre Dame would be the only one with that card in hand (KSU can't even begin to bring the numbers like Notre Dame...or Oregon).

That and i just can't see Notre Dame beating USC, and i think KSU is going to be the falling giant this season...also...

You, sir...can go to hell.

Sincerely,

Honey Bees
    (Laughing)...Dude, I'm not feeling the love...What's up with that?.......ROFL
  13. Thread AuthorThread Author   #238  
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,016 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

You quoted it before i added the real comedy gold!

Global Posts
    19,256 Global Posts
    iOS Version

You quoted it before i added the real comedy gold!
    I know, and I also read the updated version...I couldn't resist taking a pot shot at you......I suppose it comes with the territory of being a devoted U fan. You should know, being that you're a closet fan of the U....lol...
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    3,599 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Root 4.4.2

The Irish should be able to defeat Boston College as long as they don't underestimate and overlook them.
    ND left so much on the field at OK., they had to rally to beat Pitt. That won't happen with BC, Wake Forest, or USC. The "Bush Push" won't work any more, and besides, OJ is still in jail. HaHa.
    The Irish will be 12-0, but that may only put them in third place.

Global Posts
    19,256 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by grunt0300 View Post
    ND left so much on the field at OK., they had to rally to beat Pitt. That won't happen with BC, Wake Forest, or USC. The "Bush Push" won't work any more, and besides, OJ is still in jail. HaHa.
    The Irish will be 12-0, but that may only put them in third place.
    They can indeed go 12-0, but only if they stay focused on each individual opponent and not look ahead. Still, time will tell, my friend.

Global Posts
    19,256 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I'm watching FSU vs VaTech on ESPN.

Global Posts
    19,256 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Ah dang. Having FSU losing by 3 points and then score a touchdown with 40 seconds left in the game to take the lead had to have taken the fight out of VaTech. They will NOT recover from that.
  19. Thread AuthorThread Author   #244  
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,016 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

That just goes to show that FSU doesn't deserve to be ranked so high either...VT SUCKS! They should have decimated them...
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    3,599 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Root 4.4.2

That just goes to show that FSU doesn't deserve to be ranked so high either...VT SUCKS! They should have decimated them...
    FSU should go back to being an all girls' school. As for ND vs USC, when the Irish go to USC at 11-0, they WILL win that game. They will be focused, and won't allow any "trick" plays. Brian Kelly is the best coach that they've had, since Lou Holtz. Their QB Colson, is a freshman, and he will only get better. I see him, in time, as another Tony Rice, and you know how that turned out. A running QB, will always be better for a team than a drop back QB. GO IRISH.

Global Posts
    19,256 Global Posts
    iOS Version

With the exception of a few years, FSU has always been over-rated, in my opinion and I'm an FSU fan when they're not playing the U.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,201 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0.4/6.1

Alabama vs Texas A&M might be a tougher challenge than most people think. I always love watching the fsu vs vt game. Always have good defenses playing
    Not lookin good for 'Bama!!
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    3,599 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Root 4.4.2

Not lookin good for 'Bama!!
    I love the way that Texas A&M switched from "win" mode, to "suck" mode, without missing a beat. They left their 12th man, back in College Station.LOL

Global Posts
    19,256 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I didn't see that loss to Texas A&M coming. Whoa! I wonder how far will Alabama fall. I doubt below #5. What say you.
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    3,599 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Root 4.4.2

I didn't see that loss to Texas A&M coming. Whoa! I wonder how far will Alabama fall. I doubt below #5. What say you.
    Understand what i'm about to say. The Aggies didn't win, Alabama lost. I think you know where i'm coming from. ND didn't beat Pitt, Pitt beat themselves. ND needs to beat BC, convincingly. GO IRISH!
Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast