No, Lance, say it isn't so!

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Yes sir, I think the similar testimony of 12 people is damaging, but testimony, in regard to this, is not proof enough to warrant him being stripped of his titles or warrant an immediate conviction. Show me a video of him using, sales receipts, a ledger of some sort displaying specifics, corroborating testimony of the supplier(s) via a polygraph or even Lance's own admission.
Had he not admitted to taking drugs, how much evidence did authorities have against him? I'm asking not to prove a point but because I want to know. ;)

You're very welcome. I enjoy conversations like this and I love playing devil's advocate. :D

here is the video, he was allowed to keep the 2004 gold medal because the lab accidentally destroyed the blood sample, he tested positive the first test but a second test couldn't be perfpormed. The medal was forfeited a few weeks ago when he admitted taking drugs for the olympics.

Who is Tyler Hamilton? - 60 Minutes Overtime - CBS News

devil's advocate?? You play a very good one I might add... =)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
No one is saying that Lance is completely innocent. I know I'm not, but prove that he is guilty. Yes, tests can be manipulated, but make no mistake about it, so can people, i.e., witnesses. we live in a society where evidence outweighs testimony even when the accused admits to wrongdoing. Example? The accused admitting guilt to protect a loved one who actually committed the crime. You appear to be putting a lot of faith in the testimony of the former team mates and that's okay. As for the arbitration, why sit in front of an arbiter and assume he or she will rule in your favor when there is no proof of any wrongdoing other than the testimony of alleged witnesses? I'd say the odds would not be in his favor so why play along? He has been dealing with this for "years"! At some point, we all say, "Enough! That's it! I'm done! To continue is not worth it!" Yes, an argument can be made that his timing is a bit suspicious, but it still doesn't prove that he didn't reach his breaking point.

Last edited:

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Every teammate of his doped. Every doctor of his has been banned for doping others. Cycling is such a dirty sport that almost all the top tier athletes have doped...
So in a sport where everyone dopes, where everyone on his team dopes, where every staff member associated with his team have been banned or punished for doping others, he was far and away the best in the world, and he was clean??
Oh yeah and he was recovering from cancer... But he was better than all the cheaters.... BULLSHAVICK

He is a cheater.

He got caught. I don't care either way, he has done a lot of good with his fame and fortune. And livestrong is a noble and good thing.
But he is a cheater

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Every teammate of his doped. Every doctor of his has been banned for doping others. Cycling is such a dirty sport that almost all the top tier athletes have doped...
So in a sport where everyone dopes, where everyone on his team dopes, where every staff member associated with his team have been banned or punished for doping others, he was far and away the best in the world, and he was clean??
Oh yeah and he was recovering from cancer... But he was better than all the cheaters.... BULLSHAVICK

He is a cheater.

He got caught. I don't care either way, he has done a lot of good with his fame and fortune. And livestrong is a noble and good thing.
But he is a cheater

My stance has been and is still the same. I am not trying to prove him innocent, but I am seeking "proof" that he is guilty and not the "birds of a feather flock together" or "if it quacks like a duck..." kind of proof either. When the outcome of an investigation will alter history/record books, fans of the accused as well as of the sport deserve 100% solid proof.

Last edited:

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
has there been any confirmation from Lance himself that he is indeed guilty?

you gotta think since Nike dropped him there has to be something pretty incriminating

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
has there been any confirmation from Lance himself that he is indeed guilty?

you gotta think since Nike dropped him there has to be something pretty incriminating

Not that I'm aware of. As for Nike dropping him, I'm not surprised. Companies will do whatever is necessary to protect their brand, especially if the consensus (with proof or not) is against Lance.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
There are no links between the steroids he was "charged" of using and cancer besides anadrol (which he was not taking)...truthfully, the only link one could make between them is the increase in carcinogens by using steroids, but then that could be attributed to breathing air in a polluted city, eating a hamburger or giving a kid a hug, so it's a bit of a stretch.

The guy honestly just wants away from this deal...guilty or innocent, he gets to go live life now, and that's more important than proving a brick wall they are wrong.

Laura Knotek

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
There are no links between the steroids he was "charged" of using and cancer besides anadrol (which he was not taking)...truthfully, the only link one could make between them is the increase in carcinogens by using steroids, but then that could be attributed to breathing air in a polluted city, eating a hamburger or giving a kid a hug, so it's a bit of a stretch.

The guy honestly just wants away from this deal...guilty or innocent, he gets to go live life now, and that's more important than proving a brick wall they are wrong.

Intratesticular leiomyosarcoma in a young man after h... [Cancer. 1999] - PubMed - NCBI

I'm not familiar with the exact drugs he was charged with taking. I also don't know exactly which drugs Lyle Alzado took that gave him fatal brain cancer.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I woke up, looked at my phone to see what time it was and saw the following ESPN alert on my lockscreen. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357986935.588554.jpg After viewing the alert, I was wide awake at that point and went to ESPN.com to see the article itself. You can view the article HERE.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know why he's doing this on an interview with Oprah? Shouldn't it be with ESPN?

I don't know. Maybe Oprah will not be as critical and being that the majority of her viewers are women, he may feel more comfortable in that particular setting. Who knows?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW