No, Lance, say it isn't so!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If he actually did it, he deserves everything that has happened thus far...and he can go f&#k himself.

If he took the drugs, i don't care. What i do care about, is that he kept lying about it.:mad:

This person's statement says it all:

British road-racing champion Nicole Cooke, made her position unequivocally clear during an interview with the BBC on Monday in which she discussed her decision to retire from the sport.
Cooke, 29, said that she had felt pressure to take performance-enhancing drugs during her career but had steadfastly refused. She lamented her bad fortune to have competed in an era when ?cheats and liars? had corrupted her sport.
Citing Armstrong by name, Cooke said: ?When Lance cries on Oprah later this week, and she passes him the tissue, spare a thought for all those genuine people who walked away with no rewards ? just shattered dreams. Each one of them is worth a thousand Lances.

via the Wahington Post

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Alright. Who's going to watch Armstrong's alleged confession today on Oprah?....lol....C'mon, fess up!

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
All this confession stuff doesn't matter. He won the races and trained his butt off to do so. He will always be a champion and an inspiration.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Alright. Who's going to watch Armstrong's alleged confession today on Oprah?....lol....C'mon, fess up!

honestly, as of right now i have no interest to watch it. just another selfish act on his behalf. i really did look up to him and now he can go to hell for all i care. it's not like he is doing this all on his own. he was caught and now he is in hopes of participating in something in the future by his "confession". get real.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
All this confession stuff doesn't matter. He won the races and trained his butt off to do so. He will always be a champion and an inspiration.

inspiration for what? cheating. getting an edge on athletes who abided by the rules?

sorry, i am not inspired by that one iota

btw, Sporting KC in Kansas City will be separating themselves from the Livestrong name as well. good for them!

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
pretty much this makes lance armstrong the biggest douchebag in the history of cheaters.
not only did he repeatedly lie about his use (which in all fairness is to be expected) he went after the people who stood up to him and let the news break about his drug use. He has personally destroyed careers and lives of people who did not cover up for him. LITERALLY destroyed these peoples lives.
its not like he went the bonds and clemens route and just denied everything, he went after the people.
it is absolutely pathetic and disgusting what he has done to these people.
he has defrauded the united states government! (united states post office cycling team) i hope they come down hard on his bony ass and crush the one testicle he has left.
honestly it would have been better if the cancer had killed him. then he wouldnt have been able to destroy so many lives

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

Thank you for one of the first absolutely asinine comments in our new sports section...holy sh*t man.

My only reply to this line of thinking is this...what if he wasn't juicing and someone else won, several times, and became a god of that arena instead of him? I guess we'll never know because he took drugs to achieve his accomplishments, instead of doing it the right way like so many others did and fell to his tainted success.

F*&k Lance Armstrong and the juiced bike he rode in on.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
All this confession stuff doesn't matter.
Yes, it does. His confession confirms that the accusations against him are indeed true and that the punishment given was justifiable and the correct course of action.
He won the races and trained his butt off to do so.
Yes, he did win the races and no one is questioning whether or not he trained hard, however, the one question that can never be answered is this: Would he still have won if he had not resorted to doping?
He will always be a champion and an inspiration.
Unfortunately, his accomplishments as an athlete will forever be discredited and his name will forever be associated with doping.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I find it very sad.

Of course, I also don't believe that "performance enhancing drugs" should be illegal. After all, do they outlaw custom baseball bats, which are "performance enhancing?" Do they outlaw special racing shorts and shoes because they are "performance enhancing?"

Need I go on?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I find it very sad.

Of course, I also don't believe that "performance enhancing drugs" should be illegal. After all, do they outlaw custom baseball bats, which are "performance enhancing?" Do they outlaw special racing shorts and shoes because they are "performance enhancing?"

Need I go on?

Actually, yes, you should go on...mainly because those examples are things available to every player, are not illegal and are not used "behind the scenes" to gain an advantage that other athletes are unable to obtain. These performance enhancing drugs are a convenience so that higher levels of performance can be achieved without putting the manual work in to achieve them as much as a person that does not take them has to.

Then there is the response to HGH in one person to the next...Lance Armstrong obviously was someone who highly benefited from these drugs, but the next guy in line may have had a negative reaction to it, or none at all...creating an unfair advantage amongst the pool of people attempting to achieve the same goal. I find illegal drug use in this light to be a despicable act in all sports, not just in Lance's case...baseball being the most prominent of the sports where this has been an issue lately, and honestly, those that were admitted to using or caught using it should be removed from the sport and no longer given a chance to get future achievements.

Bottom line, the drugs are illegal, are not available to every player in a consistent and regulated manner and should remain outlawed in my opinion. Why not train harder? Why not enhance your performance by making your body a more fit tool for the job naturally? These people use these drugs to get an easier advantage at the goal they are trying to achieve with the mindset that this is the more "convenient" path...

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Do you mean to tell me that if I took performance enhancing drugs I'd have a shot at the NBA or NFL? Of course not! These athletes are great athletes without using drugs. Why shouldn't they be allowed to enhance their performance by any means necessary? The drugs shouldn't be illegal. It's not like they will change Joe Average into Drew Brees.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR