Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Oh no. Here comes deflategate
13d4eadfa23bbfa0cd83dc2f0cd8c2f3.jpg

HelloNNNewman

Administrator
Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
How pathetic of the Packers to blow that game.

As a die-hard Packer fan who bleeds green 'n gold.... after the coaching stupidity in the 4th quarter, they deserved to lose.
The Packers coaching has done this habitually in past games and got away with it by the skin of their teeth but it finally caught up with them and bit them hard in the <blank>. What I'm referring to is the complete idiocy in the 4th quarter where the pack lead by less than a TD and with 5 minutes left in the game, decide to (unbelievably) go 3 and out - not even trying for a 1st down to control the clock. What?? Why in the world would the coaches tell them to just to 3 quick runs up the middle (that are easily stuffed) and punt it away??? There would never have been the on-side kick bobble, or an OT either if it weren't for crap play calling in the last 5 minutes of the 4th. OMG... my blood pressure is starting to rise again... breathe.. breeeeaaathe.... LOL

Last edited:

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I love the attention this deflating football thing is getting...the Patriots could have used a nerf ball full of water and probably still would have own by 2 TD's.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
As a die-hard Packer fan who bleeds green 'n gold.... after the coaching stupidity in the 4th quarter, they deserved to lose.
The Packers coaching has done this habitually in past games and got away with it by the skin of their teeth but it finally caught up with them and bit them hard in the <blank>. What I'm referring to is the complete idiocy in the 4th quarter where the pack lead by less than a TD and with 5 minutes left in the game, decide to (unbelievably) go 3 and out - not even trying for a 1st down to control the clock. What?? Why in the world would the coaches tell them to just to 3 quick runs up the middle (that are easily stuffed) and punt it away??? There would never have been the on-side kick bobble, or an OT either if it weren't for crap play calling in the last 5 minutes of the 4th. OMG... my blood pressure is starting to rise again... breathe.. breeeeaaathe.... LOL

Tell me about it. My blood is same color as yours, and boiling just the same.

Turning my attention to baseball as we wait for opening day. Numerous says 77 days.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I love the attention this deflating football thing is getting...the Patriots could have used a nerf ball full of water and probably still would have own by 2 TD's.

Absolutely. First of all, the balls are checked a couple hours before game time. Then, the referee handles the ball before every play. Even then, I could see room to surmise that something untoward occurred in a 1 to 8 point loss. But in a 45-7 blow out, a deflated football is the last thing that I would point to. The Colts just plain got spanked. I don’t like the Pats, and can’t stand both Brady and Belichick, but dang, son. This was not because of a deflated football.

Moving on. I will take my one out of two day (Packers lose) and skip the Super Bowl Big Game. The NFL doesn’t allow us to use that term - we have to call it "The Big Game". SMFH.

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

My one question....when the Packers intercepted Wilson's pass with 5 minutes left, why did who ever intercepted the ball (I forget who it was) go down right away?! Why didn't he run?!

If I remember correctly...he really had no one around him, and could have easily returned the pick to within field goal range.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
My one question....when the Packers intercepted Wilson's pass with 5 minutes left, why did who ever intercepted the ball (I forget who it was) go down right away?! Why didn't he run?!

If I remember correctly...he really had no one around him, and could have easily returned the pick to within field goal range.

It was Morgan Burnett. It's funny because the bad announcers on FOX were hardly even harping on that. I thought the same thing. It seemed as though he had some daylight to run in.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
At that point the Packers pretty much thought they had they game won.
Seattle would have had to score two touchdowns in a min and change to have a shot which they did. The blown assignment on the on side kick screwed the Packers. Bostick's man to block was Matthews who caught the ball.
Burnett could have scored but his focus was to secure possession. I can't blame him on that.
Bostick screwed up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I know you practice that scenario over and over and over and Bostick's job was to block in that situation. But the ball was right there for him. I would have done the same thing. He f'd up the catch.

That 5-yard hail mary for the 2-point conversion was so bad for them. Almost as worse as getting fooled on the fake field goal for a TD. At that point Seattle is down 16-0, has nothing going on offense for them, so you had to have expected that a fake was a strong possibility and instead you ran the block FG unit out there.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Teams have come back but that was some other kind of stuff where all those wrinkles you need to win happens. Fake Field Goal, Onside Recovery, Two Point Conversion, Walk Off TD.
Wilson throws that pass and the coverage was decent. It just dropped in Kearse's arms perfectly. I read on Twitter one of the Packers said he would have rather not made the playoffs than lose like that.
You can take a beat down like NE gave Indy but losing like the Packers did is a hurt piece. Being from Philly and a Eagles fan I know about that hurt piece lol. Plenty of playoffs Zero Super Bowls.

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Now the Ravens are jumping on the deflated ball bandwagon.
Whether they were or not, the Pats still outplayed the Colts.

palandri

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
11 of 12 Pats footballs were under inflated. CHEATERS! If the Bears did it I would say the same thing.

Just like steroids in baseball - I hate CHEATERS!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
11 of 12 Pats footballs were under inflated. CHEATERS! If the Bears did it I would say the same thing.

Just like steroids in baseball - I hate CHEATERS!

Unless they can tie it to a player or a coach, all that will come of this is media coverage, speculation, and maybe a fine. The Superbowl matchup will not be altered.

palandri

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Unless they can tie it to a player or a coach, all that will come of this is media coverage, speculation, and maybe a fine. The Superbowl matchup will not be altered.

Are you trying to say Tom Brady didn't know he was using an under inflated football? Give me a break.

I now put Tom Brady in the same category as Alex Rodriguez, Rafael Palmeiro, Barry Bonds and all the other cheaters in professional sports and his records means nothing anymore.

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
How does a deflated football alter a game? My football has a slow leak and I actually think it makes it nicer. If that's the case, both teams would have benefited from it...

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Are you trying to say Tom Brady didn't know he was using an under inflated football? Give me a break.

I now put Tom Brady in the same category as Alex Rodriguez, Rafael Palmeiro, Barry Bonds and all the other cheaters in professional sports and his records means nothing anymore.

I am indeed a Pats fan, but I don't condone cheating. My reply above was solely in regard to the scandal itself. To be honest, I haven't even thought about whether Brady or anyone else were aware of the deflated state of the footballs.