NFL Discussion thread

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Since you're a Pats fan, whatever happened to Randy Moss? I remember seeing a couple of Pats games where he was playing and I thought he was the most remarkable receiver I had ever seen. Brady would throw the ball 5 feet above his head and he would jump straight up and catch it. No cornerback or safety could cover him.

The only time the Patriots ever cared to acquire a great receiver for Brady.

I was disappointed that they let Welker go. They get away with Brady not having great targets for a while but it bites them in the rear somewhere down the line during the season. Gronk isn't that reliable to stay healthy.

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Since you're a Pats fan, whatever happened to Randy Moss? I remember seeing a couple of Pats games where he was playing and I thought he was the most remarkable receiver I had ever seen. Brady would throw the ball 5 feet above his head and he would jump straight up and catch it. No cornerback or safety could cover him.

He was traded to vikings, who was then let go and then claimed by the Titans. I think he retired after that.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
He was traded to vikings, who was then let go and then claimed by the Titans. I think he retired after that.

Randy Moss got old...that's what happened to him. He was still a good receiver, but he was not anywhere near as fast as the coverage anymore, so he was having to rely on his size and arm reach (which was slowly getting battered with age). He ended his career a couple of seasons ago with the 49er's where he looked absolutely mediocre and he didn't even last the season.

He was talking about pushing for a come back this season, but I doubt he could hang in the Canadian leagues now days. He also has quite a mouth on him for someone who hasn't been relevant for many years.

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Randy Moss got old...that's what happened to him. He was still a good receiver, but he was not anywhere near as fast as the coverage anymore, so he was having to rely on his size and arm reach (which was slowly getting battered with age). He ended his career a couple of seasons ago with the 49er's where he looked absolutely mediocre and he didn't even last the season.

He was talking about pushing for a come back this season, but I doubt he could hang in the Canadian leagues now days. He also has quite a mouth on him for someone who hasn't been relevant for many years.

After he went to the Vikings, really lost interest. He did have a moment with Pat's, but I wasn't very upset when they traded him.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
After he went to the Vikings, really lost interest. He did have a moment with Pat's, but I wasn't very upset when they traded him.
If anyone ever played the Madden games when Moss was on the Pats, he was the best WR in the game. You can literally make 80 yard pass touchdowns with his player. It is so sad he left .

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
If anyone ever played the Madden games when Moss was on the Pats, he was the best WR in the game. You can literally make 80 yard pass touchdowns with his player. It is so sad he left .

Yeah, I've played against them, and let's just say they beat my Broncos on madden lol :) he was really good!

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
They need you to clear out that snow in Bills Stadium, $10 an hour and free tickets are all up for grabs if you are willing to help shovel out 220,000 tons of snow.

Inquire at your local Bills representative office.

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
That snow is crazy! Now the game was pushed to Monday night and in Detroit! I remember a few seasons back when the Eagles game was posponed due to snow. I think they were playing the Vikings (not 100%) sure, and I think it was moved to a Tuesday.

Ed Rendell made a huge stink about the game being moved. Haha.

But last season, I was lucky enough to attend the "Snow Bowl" in Philly against the Lions. That game was CRAZY!! The first quarter, you couldn't even see the whole field due to the snow. And they were only predicting a light coating and flurries. Needless to say, I did NOT dress for what we actually got!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I remember when the Super Bowl was here in Atlanta we had a freak snow storm and it almost postponed the super bowl lol! It like snows here once every few years, and significantly snows once every decade or so...and it just happened to coincide with that weekend. Probably why we never got another one after, lol!

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I thought it was funny that this past Super Bowl in New Jersey avoided a snow storm by about 18 hours. The storm started the Monday after.

I really wish it had snowed and screwed up the game (it sucked anyway) so the league would detract from booking Super Bowls in Northeastern outdoor stadiums.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I love Bill Belichick. He is one of my favorite head coaches next to Nick Saban, Greg Popovich, Tom Coughlin, and Phil Jackson. Coaches that are as*holes. But I'm still on the "wait and see" wagon with the Patriots. I know what happened with Denver earlier this season but I really discount a lot of mid-season big games now when it comes to the playoffs. I've seen many times where the Pats are looking unstoppable and lay some egg in the playoffs.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods