NFL Discussion thread

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Arizona beat Detroit without Carson Palmer.

VERY surprised by this...I may have been 100% wrong in my assessment...especially given how stout Detroit's defense has looked at times this season.

Arizona is for real. Drew Stanton is also for real. He knows the offense well, and was in Indy with Bruce Arians when Arians was the Colts' OC and acting HC. And the Cardinals really do believe in Stanton, Arians and themselves.

palandri

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Arizona is for real. Drew Stanton is also for real. He knows the offense well, and was in Indy with Bruce Arians when Arians was the Colts' OC and acting HC. And the Cardinals really do believe in Stanton, Arians and themselves.

I agree. I've been able to see Arizona play a few times and they are really a good team.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Solid solid team in Mass...you've beaten every team I thought would give you a challenge, so honestly, I see the Pats as a safe super bowl favorite.

Had Denver not faltered the way they did against the Rams I would say it wasn't that safe. Well that and the whole win against the Broncos recently too... ;)

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I used the Raiders all the time in that game!! I just alternated running plays...Jackson, Allen, Jackson, Allen. I don't think I EVER threw the ball! Haha

There was no need to throw. Lol They did have this one play that was a swing pass to Allen and he was off to the races lol

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I remember in Tecmo Ball just playing with the 49ers and every play was a Montana pass downfield to Rice. TD every single time.

The good ole days when the game was just fun. No difficulty levels etc to contend with. No over analyzing of the programming. Just have some daggum fun!

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
The good ole days when the game was just fun. No difficulty levels etc to contend with. No over analyzing of the programming. Just have some daggum fun!

Agreed. Only 4 plays to choose from on offense and defense. That being said, if the D picked the same play....the all out blitz was so hard to beat!

palandri

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Lol, have no idea how is able to move.

Since you're a Pats fan, whatever happened to Randy Moss? I remember seeing a couple of Pats games where he was playing and I thought he was the most remarkable receiver I had ever seen. Brady would throw the ball 5 feet above his head and he would jump straight up and catch it. No cornerback or safety could cover him.