NFL Discussion thread

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Watching my birds at Chicago. Praying they get the wrinkles ironed out before the season starts!

Granted, this is their first time this post season with hitting and the fast pace. Well see.

Sent from my iPhone 5s

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Enjoyed some pre-season Falcons action this evening...had some good seats too (even if we were watching 3rd stringers battle it out 90% of the time). RISE UP!

AkDsy72.jpg

QGqumCe.jpg

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm watching the Jaguars and Bears on ESPN.

I wish...:)...I'm taking a breather from playing Highway Rider in multiplayer mode with my youngest son. He's having a blast watching me crash into everything and apparently wants to continue. The things we do to please our kids...:)

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
He looked like a mirror of Henne...which means the Jags have two mid grade QB's (for now). Jags got Bortles way too high in the draft, and personally, I think they would have done better with Manziel, not because he's a substantially better QB, but because he's a better athlete (and trust me, I can't stand Johnny Football, but you have to call it as it is).

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
ugh, so sick & tired of all the Manziel BS

i live for the moment some 245lb LB pops that punk under his face mask

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Ok ...we get to see Jonny Football tonight on MNF. Let's see how he does against the Pro's

Sent from my Gold iPhone 5s using iMore Forums

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
He looked completely average...as did Shaw until that hail mary at the end to the GSU alum! Go PANTHERS! :p

If I took anything away from watching that really boring game...it was that Johnny Football still has a lot of work to do, RGIII falling down on the field (even if it's just to fix his sock) is always cringe worthy, and neither of these teams are going to be relevant in the regular season.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
The Cardinals defense took a major hit today. Darnell Dockett tore an ACL in practice this afternoon. He’s out for the season. That’s gonna leave a mark.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Forgot to mention it earlier, but since Hank reminded me...Falcon's Sam Baker, who has played a total of FOUR (yes, 4) games since signing his most recent contract, is out for the season with a blah blah blah blah knee injury. FML.

At least our 1st rounder Jake Matthews can channel some of his cousins super powers and move over to left tackle to keep Matty Ice from getting raped again this season.

I expect an 8-8 season from the dirty birds. Blah.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Also, Johnny Football's little finger gesture to the Redskins makes me think he's in for a LONNNNNNNNNG season. :)

He was going to be in for a long season anyway. And not all of it is his fault. I think he was doomed from the start. They tout him as being another great quarterback, and people are overlooking glaring inequalities between himself and some of the other quarterbacks in the league. Yes he played unbelievable college football. That cannot be ignored. But the NFL is a different league. Guys like Cam Newton, Colin Kapernick, RGIII, and Andrew Luck are not "wrecking the league". They are really good quarterbacks and they have bright futures. But Johnny isn't as big, fast, or arm strong as these guys. But for some reason, we keep thinking he is going to be the next Drew Brees. It's not going to happen.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox