NFL Discussion thread

Laura Knotek

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
RE: NFL thread

Thus far, I am impressed with the Niners' backup QB, Kaepernick, and it's always great to see Frank Gore do his thing. Oh, and did I mention that he's an alumni of the U? :D
Kaepernick looked really good. :)
Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
NFL thread

So whose the best currently gentlemen?

I, of course, have my money on the Brady bunch. With or without gronk, the patriots have an undeniable offense!!!

Texas looks good, Atlanta looks good, BRONCOS look good...
Niners, bears, bucs, saints?? Packers?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Re: NFL thread

Patriots are good...not best (and I'm a Pats fan). They still have an atrocious problem on defense, they are very dry on receivers, they just lost Gronk and Hernandez is still very iffy, Woodhead is good in spurts but he could easily find himself sidelined as he has seen some bruising over the last couple of seasons and in the end, Brady is NOT himself this season...he's had some stand out games, but they've yet to really put together a string of really promising games, they've just beat some crap teams by a lot (as anyone should). The Jets will be no different, so this week will still not define anything for them...they are going to make the playoffs, but i doubt they make the big show this year.

A few top dogs in my opinion...

- Denver...Peyton is the man right now, and they are going to be a top running team going into the playoffs.
- New Orleans...they are on an absolute tear right now, and Bree's is settled in. I don't like them at all, but they are making their way. If i were fighting for one of those last playoffs spots, I'd be nervous about them.
- Houston...'nough said. They are just damn good...some weeks are better than others, but they are a tough and composed team right now.

...my Falcons are a front running team but they arn't playing very well right now, hopefully they make a statement against Tampa Bay this weekend, until then, I'm not going to list them as "Best" because i can admit they are not. Green Bay is another one...after this weekend, i will tell you whether or not i think they are one of the best teams.

Niners and Bears are a weird situation...they have significant injuries, ones that could cost them dearly in the chase, but the 49's seem to have really made some ground with their rookie, Chicago, not so much...and if we've learned anything about Cutler, when he goes down like this, he doesn't come back the same anymore. It's a real shame too because Chicago has arguably the best defense in the league, and they are busting their asses to make people know who they are...I'd be terrified to play that team as an offensive player.

Regardless of all that talk though...RISE UP! GO FALCONS!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
NFL thread

Did the Dallas Cowboys eat their Thanksgiving dinner "before" the start of today's game with Washington? They've been a no-show in this game, thus far.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
NFL thread

You know there will be venom spewed in the Jets' locker room at half time.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

You know there will be venom spewed in the Jets' locker room at half time.

Locker room nothing... try sidelines... they had a close-up of the Jet's coach on the sidelines, and held it long enough for even me to lip-read him saying into his headset mic "F***ing unbelievable"...

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

How about those New Jersey Jets. Do they bite the big one, or what?LOL:rolleyes:

(laughing)....No doubt about it, my friend. Last night's game was downright pathetic. The Jets players conceded the game shortly after it began, in my opinion.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

I just read my response from thanksgiving and laughed my ass off...i literally have no recollection of coming on here that day, LOL! We were so wasted...damn rum and eggnog and beer.

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site

I just read my response from thanksgiving and laughed my ass off...i literally have no recollection of coming on here that day, LOL! We were so wasted...damn rum and eggnog and beer.

You have to do that, every once in a while, just to keep your sanity.LOL:p

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

I'm really having a hard time figuring out which team is worse...the Jets or the Eagles, the Jets were destroyed on turkey day, but tonight, the Eagles just looked like they have given up (and their fans numbered in what seemed to be the hundreds, with whole sections of that stadium empty). Seriously...the Jets may be just god awful, but at least they kept trying, the Eagles gave up!

Relletti

Trusted Member
Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
NFL thread

This thing with the eagles is just beyond Terrible. It's so bad it's hard to watch it. They trying to get a high draft pick at this point. The way they season is going the chiefs will win another game before they do.

Tapatalking on my iPhone

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
NFL thread

This thing with the eagles is just beyond Terrible. It's so bad it's hard to watch it. They trying to get a high draft pick at this point. The way they season is going the chiefs will win another game before they do.

Tapatalking on my iPhone

I hear ya. There is too much talent on that team for it to suffer such a disastrous season. I'd be surprised if they didn't cut their losses and go into rebuilding mode.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
NFL thread

I'm really having a hard time figuring out which team is worse...the Jets or the Eagles, the Jets were destroyed on turkey day, but tonight, the Eagles just looked like they have given up (and their fans numbered in what seemed to be the hundreds, with whole sections of that stadium empty). Seriously...the Jets may be just god awful, but at least they kept trying, the Eagles gave up!

I agree, Sean. The Eagles have no incentive or the will to even play at this stage. They were expected to be a contender this year and fell way short. By their demeanor and performance, they appear to simply want their season to come to an end, in my opinion.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

They need to move on from Vick is what they need to do. He's a bum and he's injury prone. If they're smart, they'll snag Aaron Murray from UGA in the draft next year.

The Jets also need to look at their QB situation...Sanchez is awful, but Tebow is not his replacement...they need to ship Tebow to the Jaguars and try and pick up Klein from KSU.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
NFL thread

I wouldn't call Vick a bum (laughing), but I do think that his time as a starter in this league is over. All of the punishment he's taken the last few years have proven to be too much. His mind is willing but his body has the final say. As for Tebow, if paired with the right team and given a real opportunity to start (devote a full season to him) he will be successful. His will to win and ability to rally the players around him are top notch, in my opinion.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen