NFL Discussion thread

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Fantasy football just seems a bit adulterous?!?!?! Could be fun but then I would have to have players from teams I don't like and hope they do well. Maybe even against my favorite team.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Fantasy football just seems a bit adulterous?!?!?! Could be fun but then I would have to have players from teams I don't like and hope they do well. Maybe even against my favorite team.

I didn't think I'd like it at first either, but after almost 10 years of playing, I can easily tell you how addicting it is. Yes, you will want the players in your current lineup to do well, but I doubt it will cause you to root against your favorite team(s). I mean, when I watch my favorite team play, I'm watching as a pure fan and it does not affect my views in regard to fantasy football.

Just Me, D
(iPhone 4S)

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i have never started a fantasy team, wanted too. that has always been one of my fears, the possibility of not enjoying games due to my fantasy league. however, i assume if there were cash on the line that would change the dynamics slightly too lol

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
It definitely takes away from some of the general enjoyment of the games themselves...i find myself getting irritated when a receiver isn't getting throws vs. just enjoying my team winning that particular game, lol.

But fantasy football is a blast. We have a league every year and this year, it filled up within 2 hours of me sending the email out, lol.

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
It definitely takes away from some of the general enjoyment of the games themselves...i find myself getting irritated when a receiver isn't getting throws vs. just enjoying my team winning that particular game, lol.

But fantasy football is a blast. We have a league every year and this year, it filled up within 2 hours of me sending the email out, lol.

I think I would like to try it eventually to find out if I like it at least. Guess there's always next year...

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
League is up already!!!!!!! Hang on, I'll get the details. :)

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/register/joinleague

ID: 148025

Password: 123456789

The draft will be an autodraft. We feel the league is too big for a live draft, it would take way WAY too long. And will take place on Sept 1st. So set your draft ranking NOW!!!!!

1 slot is left if anyone is still interested in joining, BUT I think someone from WP Central is taking it. :)

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
i am going to go on record right now and let you all know that the patriots will win the super bowl... also fantasy sports is a demon! i had a fantasy baseball team last year and i was literally rooting for the yankess and against the red sox one day. being from boston this was like strangling myself with barbed wire... suffice to say, i did not do any fantasy teams this year.
oh yeah, please dont eat your cat if the raiders win, or at least dont do pictures!

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
sweet jesus, the Chiefs and Raiders suck ass. i'm gonna go out on a limb and say neither one will reach the playoffs

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Wait until the regular season games...pre-season is strictly to knock rust off starters and scare 2nd and 3rd stringers into exposing each others weaknesses in order to make that magic number 53 include themselves.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
of course i am taking that into consideration. those two teams are historically horrendous, always will be

where i live i get the opportunity (lol) to watch the Chiefs every year and it's always a disappointment. ALWAYS. the end.

BParker4381

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I did not get to watch the game since I was at work but everyone on Twitter is talking about how the Giant's D looked bad. My season starts when Carolina takes the field in Tampa this weekend.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
shout out to RG3 & Co for beating the saints. F the saints and that whole organization

A big shout out to both RG3 and Tony Romo. They gave me huge fantasy football points and I am appreciative...:D

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234