Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 82 of 152 FirstFirst ... 79808182838485 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,050 of 3793
Like Tree1458Likes

Default Re: NFL Discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHRCC View Post
    Broncos win 35-21.
    I don't think the score will be that high. But I hope the Broncos win.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    308 Global Posts

Hoping the broncos pull it off, I would like to see Peyton win at least 1 more. Wouldn't mind seeing him win two more.

No chance he retires after this season though, even if he does win it all.

He will be able to break most of Brett favre's record next season, zero chance he will retire as long as he passes his physical in the offseason.

24-17.....Broncos WIN SUPERBOWL
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    1,131 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wolfedude88 View Post
    Hoping the broncos pull it off, I would like to see Peyton win at least 1 more. Wouldn't mind seeing him win two more.

No chance he retires after this season though, even if he does win it all.

He will be able to break most of Brett favre's record next season, zero chance he will retire as long as he passes his physical in the offseason.
    I want Manning to win at least one more. Is there talk of him retiring?! I didn't hear that...and from what he did this past season, I could see him in this league for another 5 seasons!
    Spencerdl likes this.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,465 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jmburke1982 View Post
    I want Manning to win at least one more. Is there talk of him retiring?! I didn't hear that...and from what he did this past season, I could see him in this league for another 5 seasons!
    Maybe the Broncos will take Tebow back if Peyton retires. Not likely though.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,465 Global Posts

I will be a close game and if it isn't, like last year the NFL will shut off the lights and let the teams rethink their game plan.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,465 Global Posts

I think this one is still funny. Even though it's from last year.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails NFL Discussion thread-file_204381_4_super-bowl-blackout-2013-fry.jpg  
    jmburke1982 likes this.
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    1,743 Global Posts

27-24 Broncos win!
    Banned

Global Posts
    12,215 Global Posts

F' Crabtree...check out the video...I like Sherman even more now.

CDG and jmburke1982 like this.
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    2,865 Global Posts

Default NFL Discussion thread

F' Crabtree...check out the video...I like Sherman even more now.

I don't think you can go off what happened on just that one play. That didn't happen in a vacuum. It also doesn't help that he ran around Kaepernick with his hands around his throat.
    Banned

Global Posts
    12,215 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rayz336 View Post
    I don't think you can go off what happened on just that one play. That didn't happen in a vacuum.
    Sure you can! Everyone certainly wanted to treat Sherman's response after the game as if it were in a vacuum.
    iEd
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,650 Global Posts

I see Sherm got his hug on with Erin Andrews before that interview.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,887 Global Posts

Crabtree just lost an opportunity to go to the Super Bowl, what other reaction would you expect from him? Sherman was trying to get a rise out of him, without a doubt. I didn't think any less of him after his comments/outburst, and this does not make me think more highly of him after this.

I understand the whole "new school" idea with these younger players, and I can honestly give Sherm a pass given the energy level having just made that play. However, in general I think he's just a TINY bit conceded and will one day in his career look back and say to himself, "Yea, that was a little much".

As an aside, Manning is a pretty smart guy and I don't think he'll target anyone Sherman is covering unless the coverage is blown and the opportunity is there. He wants that ring in ways Sherman can't even comprehend yet.

GO BRONCOS!
    Banned

Global Posts
    12,215 Global Posts

Maybe he was trying to get a "rise" out of him...maybe he was honestly just trying to say good game. We don't really know here...

What we DO know is that Crabtree, instead of saying something back to him, shrugging him off and continuing to walk away or even yelling in his face...he decided to push Sherman's face/helmet.

So do we KNOW what Sherman's intentions were with his "Good game!" gesture? Nope...but we sure know what Crabtree's were.

I mean here's the thing, so many wanted to call Sherman the "unclassy" guy here, wanted to highlight him as the guy who was causing this drama...but in reality, the evidence shows something different. It shows a guy who just lost his opportunity to go to the super bowl displaying his anger and irritation by physically pushing Sherman, who did not do anything worthy of such.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,887 Global Posts

I beg to differ, but OK.
    Banned

Global Posts
    12,215 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Totalimmortal363 View Post
    I beg to differ, but OK.
    You can beg to differ all you want, but I'm speaking on clear evidence here, not opinion.

My OPINION of this matter is that Sherman is a mouth and Crabtree was intolerant of this gesture he was offered (combined with being pretty pissed off that his pass from Kaepernick was the one that sent them to their living rooms to watch the super bowl). My OPINION says that Sherman probably had more than a shove to the helmet coming...but I don't have any evidence to back that up in this specific situation, I just have what I saw on the video...which was to the contrary really.

Maybe he was trying to get a "rise" out of him...maybe he was honestly just trying to say good game. We don't really know here...

What we DO know is that Crabtree, instead of saying something back to him, shrugging him off and continuing to walk away or even yelling in his face...he decided to push Sherman's face/helmet.

So do we KNOW what Sherman's intentions were with his "Good game!" gesture? Nope...but we sure know what Crabtree's were.

I mean here's the thing, so many wanted to call Sherman the "unclassy" guy here, wanted to highlight him as the guy who was causing this drama...but in reality, the evidence shows something different. It shows a guy who just lost his opportunity to go to the super bowl displaying his anger and irritation by physically pushing Sherman, who did not do anything worthy of such.
    You are spot-on, sir, and I'm a big Niners fan.
    iOS Gravity likes this.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,465 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe'D View Post
    You are spot-on, sir, and I'm a big Niners fan.
    Me too. I agree with Sean.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,887 Global Posts

You are all supremely naive if you think Sherman had any other intention with that "gesture" than to get a reaction out of Crabtree. He knew Crabtree was pissed that he missed the catch, they have an established rivalry, he knew exactly what he was going to get out of that. Even watching the video, nothing in it can possibly say otherwise. As has been said, this didn't happen in a vacuum.
    Banned

Global Posts
    12,215 Global Posts

So the guy says "Hell of a game!" and sticks his hand out to shake it and some how this is the instigating factor vs. someone who physically pushes another player (by the head no less) because he's pissed? LOL! Give me a break...Sherman might be an a$$hat and run his mouth, but trying to make him the bad guy in this specific incident when Crabtree decides to get physical with him is ridiculous.

And nothing in football happens in a vacuum...it's all related to some rivalry or crap talking or previous game or previous action or blah blah blah.
    Banned

Global Posts
    12,215 Global Posts

Honestly, it has very little to do with Sherman's intentions...it was the actions that took place. Do I expect everyone on the field to be the "get along gang" and just shake hands and be good sports? HELL no...I'm not even like that in something as trivial as softball. I'm quick to tell someone boasting (even in a friendly "civil" manner) to F' themselves...but I'm not going to go and shove someone's head because I'm grumpy over a loss.

Crabtree fired up the Sherman inferno, and he sparked the response he got after the game because of his actions. Had he just flipped Sherman off or walked away telling him to go screw his mom, Sherman probably would have laughed all the way to the NFC championship trophy stage...instead, he pushed him, like a little chump, and he got called out for it.

I just think it's funny that so many people called Sherman classless without any regard to what Crabtree did.
    Elizabeth2 likes this.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    21,817 Global Posts

If people could only get this worked up over things that actually matter in the world... I couldn't care less about either of them...
    iOS Gravity likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    159 Global Posts

What Sherman did is not classless shouldn't judge anyone's actions or words when game just ends. They are still in game mode. That switch hasn't been turned off yet. Sherman was mic'd during the game, he told Crabtree "hell of a game" and got slapped in the facemask for it. Say what you want about him but I would love if he played in New Orleans.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,887 Global Posts

I'd love to have him in Denver, he's a hell of a CB.

All I'm saying is that he knew the reaction he'd get from Crabtree, he is not a dumb person, just a little too outspoken at times.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    159 Global Posts

He is outspoken but have never seen a good DB that wasn't.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app
Page 82 of 152 FirstFirst ... 79808182838485 ... LastLast