NFL Discussion thread

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Meanwhile, teachers in Wisconsin who make considerably less than a million dollars, are no longer allowed collective bargaining rights at all.

There's something very wrong here.

Kale58

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
Methinks that pro sports (pick your poison) has grown far too big for it's own britches. I remember when football, hockey and basketball players used to play for the love of the game. Sure they got a salary, but nothing like today's over-inflated salaries.

When did pro athletes become bigger than the game? Bunch of whining, egoistic, jingoistic prats. :confused:

And when did basketball players become cry-babies to boot? :rolleyes:

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The NFL has been insane to watch the last couple of days...Falcons picked up Ray Edwards today, so we have some help on the DE side, which is a beautiful thing.

And a little known player but something i was so happy to see today...my boy Joshua Nesbitt was picked up by the Bills today as a back, and I'm ecstatic that he's going to get a chance to play in the league, there were a lot of people who thought he'd never get there.

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
As part of the Raider Nation, i can only hope that we can get back Alzado & Matuszak. With them we can be on top again! Can anyone say...Roid Rage?:D

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
My Chicago Bears are in the middle of self-destructing again. Jerry Angelo has to be the worst excuse for an NFL GM as there is. He's busy signing all of these "has beens" like Roy Williams and Marion Barbor and "never weres" like Sam Hurd, Caleb Hanie, Khalil Bell and Vernon Gholston... and letting the anchor of the O-Line (Olin Kreutz) get away by refusing to offer him a decent paycheck. He also gave TE Greg Olsen away for a future 3rd round pick.

If the Bears don't re-sign Kreutz, their offensive line will be far worse that it's been over the past several seasons, and Jay Cutler is going to be doing some serious on his back again this year.

I can't believe that I waited a whole year for this. I need a hug. Or a drink.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I'm looking forward to actually going to a game this year. I can't afford to see my Saints play 2 hours away, but if I drive 6 hours and stay with my brother I can afford great seats to watch them play against Jacksonville.

gdasilva

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
i was supposed to go to 3 pats games last season, and i ended up not going due to bad weather. i'm definitely going to at least one game this year.

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
I'm looking forward to actually going to a game this year. I can't afford to see my Saints play 2 hours away, but if I drive 6 hours and stay with my brother I can afford great seats to watch them play against Jacksonville.

I guess all that Federal money that went to NO wasn't enough to take care of the bill on the Super Dome?:p:D

JK! College Football tickets are getting out of control as well.:(

Munky#AC

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
There's only one game this season I'm hoping to score tickets too and that's the Super Bowl, since it'll be here in Indy. It'd be awesome to watch, unless the Jets or Patriots are in it.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Some dumb plays on the part of my boys, but it was a great game. If our defense had performed, the outcome might have been different.

Any of you Giants fans? My daughter has a new little friend, and I use the term loosely, who's a rookie running back for the Giants. I may have to start watching them now. Yikes!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox