Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 65 of 152 FirstFirst ... 62636465666768 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,625 of 3793
Like Tree1458Likes
    Banned

Global Posts
    12,215 Global Posts

Default Re: NFL Discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by ajst222 View Post
    O-line is really underrated. Last year, Jay Cutler had none. I'm surprised he made it through it. And the Eagles offensive line without Jason Peters is scary as well. But something I found interesting is that Foles gets sacked about 5 times as less (or some crazy number like that) than Vick. Why? Because with a rushing QB, you don't know where they are and it makes the offensive line's job much harder. They don't know where the pocket is. With Vick bouncing around like a jack in the box, the pocket could be anywhere, or he might not even be in the pocket.
    That's the problem man! Cutler DIDN'T make it through! He looks like Favre did in his last season with the Vikings, and Cutler's only been in the league, what, 6 years? That guy is so beat up it's not even funny, and he's actually a pretty tough dude from the hits I've seen him take...Stafford is another one in the same arena...tough QB, but is getting decimated early with hits and injuries.

Vick certainly didn't make his O-lines job easy, but you'd think these teams would put more focus in it with QB's like Ryan, lol. He's been here several years and still doesn't have a good offensive line!
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    6,955 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHRCC View Post
    That's the problem man! Cutler DIDN'T make it through! He looks like Favre did in his last season with the Vikings, and Cutler's only been in the league, what, 6 years? That guy is so beat up it's not even funny, and he's actually a pretty tough dude from the hits I've seen him take...Stafford is another one in the same arena...tough QB, but is getting decimated early with hits and injuries.

Vick certainly didn't make his O-lines job easy, but you'd think these teams would put more focus in it with QB's like Ryan, lol. He's been here several years and still doesn't have a good offensive line!
    Cutler made it through... but he didn't make it through. It's tough to explain but you get it. There are a lot of good quarterbacks out there who have bad offensive lines or had bad offensive lines. They really hold the whole offense back.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    3,779 Global Posts

So torn...Huge Eagles fan. Foles playing great, but is he the future? Great run right now, but can't help but think he's not our guy.

Sent from my iPhone 5s on VZW from Philly
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    6,955 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrackedRosco View Post
    So torn...Huge Eagles fan. Foles playing great, but is he the future? Great run right now, but can't help but think he's not our guy.

Why not? He's young. He's a great pocket passer but can run when he needs to. As far as I'm concerned, he's the perfect guy. Build a team around him and let him and the team grow.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    3,779 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ajst222 View Post
    Why not? He's young. He's a great pocket passer but can run when he needs to. As far as I'm concerned, he's the perfect guy. Build a team around him and let him and the team grow.
    To me it comes down to how the season plays out. If we make the playoffs, he's our guy. If we don't they'll move on with the excuse that even with terrible NFC East couldn't get it done and that he "didn't beat anyone good". I think they should give him a chance but Atlanta and Tampa Bay will be in the Top 5 and neither need QB's so could easily be enticed into a trade. Okay, so Atlanta definitely doesn't need a QB, and Tampa is on the fence, seems like their happy with who's under center right now.

iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,305 Global Posts

Glad Dallas was able to finally win 2 in a row and kill the "Blue Jersey" jinx. Green Bay looked HORRIBLE yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by rdiddy_25 View Post
    Glad Dallas was able to finally win 2 in a row and kill the "Blue Jersey" jinx. Green Bay looked HORRIBLE yesterday.
    Packers looked awful. The Matt Flynn magic is history!
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    21,817 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pr1nce View Post
    Packers looked awful. The Matt Flynn magic is history!
    Packers are still better than the Vikings...
    pr1nce likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    12,215 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrackedRosco View Post
    To me it comes down to how the season plays out. If we make the playoffs, he's our guy. If we don't they'll move on with the excuse that even with terrible NFC East couldn't get it done and that he "didn't beat anyone good". I think they should give him a chance but Atlanta and Tampa Bay will be in the Top 5 and neither need QB's so could easily be enticed into a trade. Okay, so Atlanta definitely doesn't need a QB, and Tampa is on the fence, seems like their happy with who's under center right now.

Phew! I thought you were going to be that lone Vick loyalist here! HAHA! I think you guys have great QB in Foles who will just keep getting better. I'd really start questioning the Chip Kelly hiring though now...not sure that will fit in with the Eagles future as much as other coaches could have.
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    1,813 Global Posts

Phew! I thought you were going to be that lone Vick loyalist here! HAHA! I think you guys have great QB in Foles who will just keep getting better. I'd really start questioning the Chip Kelly hiring though now...not sure that will fit in with the Eagles future as much as other coaches could have.
    If he wins the division his first year then I don't know if anyone can honestly make a claim that he isn't the guy. If they had started Foles from the beginning, the division may have been wrapped up already.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using iMore Forums mobile app
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    6,955 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dkhmwilliams View Post
    If he wins the division his first year then I don't know if anyone can honestly make a claim that he isn't the guy. If they had started Foles from the beginning, the division may have been wrapped up already.

I agree. But Kelly wanted to go with Vick because he thought he could run he offense better...or whatever went on in that Chip Kelly mind of his :/. Not that I don't like Kelly, but sometimes I would like to see a little more common sense out of him sometime. I think all the claims that Foles can't run the no huddle fast pace offense are gone now. That kid has done a hell of a job.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,305 Global Posts

I can see Chip Kelly drafting Mariota next year and trying to duplicate his Oregon days
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    6,955 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rdiddy_25 View Post
    I can see Chip Kelly drafting Mariota next year and trying to duplicate his Oregon days

Please don't put that image image into my head...ugh lol
    Banned

Global Posts
    12,215 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dkhmwilliams View Post

I don't think a post season trip will be as telling as what rdiddy hinted at...we have to see where Chip's mind is when it comes to the future. If he still thinks his ground pound speed game is the best route for NFL success, the Eagle's fans may be in for a long few seasons with him.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    6,955 Global Posts

I don't think a post season trip will be as telling as what rdiddy hinted at...we have to see where Chip's mind is when it comes to the future. If he still thinks his ground pound speed game is the best route for NFL success, the Eagle's fans may be in for a long few seasons with him.

I have nothing wrong with the ground game, but for the most part, leave the QB out of it. We have an amazing RB in LeSean McCoy and Bryce Brown is too good to be a backup. Rely on them for rushing, not the QB.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    21,817 Global Posts

Don't know if I can Bear watching theVikings game...

The Bears just tried a 66 yard field goal with one second left in the game. Didn't they see the Alabama game?
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    21,817 Global Posts

Blessed ordure... I didn't see the Vikings game ending like that...

Quote Originally Posted by kch50428 View Post
    Blessed ordure... I didn't see the Vikings game ending like that...
    I did, it's the Bears.
    Q&A Jedi

Global Posts
    38,857 Global Posts

And who has Foles in the iMore Fantasy league?
    Banned

Global Posts
    12,215 Global Posts

The Seahawks are putting on a clinic with the Saints tonight, lol. Did NOT see this coming!
    pr1nce likes this.

Seahawks are just plain and simply beating them in every phase.

Quote Originally Posted by pr1nce View Post
    Seahawks are just plain and simply beating them in every phase.
    There was no stopping them tonight.
    pr1nce likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    6,955 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by taz323 View Post
    There was no stopping them tonight.

It was great for fantasy as I had Russell Wilson and Seattle's defense
    Q&A Jedi

Global Posts
    38,857 Global Posts