Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 64 of 152 FirstFirst ... 61626364656667 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,600 of 3793
Like Tree1458Likes

Default Re: NFL Discussion thread

Boring MNF. I'm tired of seeing RG3 run for his life.

I hear you, wasn't one of his best, got tired watching, and turned on hockey.

Quote Originally Posted by taz323 View Post
    I hear you, wasn't one of his best, got tired watching, and turned on hockey.
    I should have watched hockey too. It was painful!
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    2,200 Global Posts

Good game tonight, the Niners snapped their losing streak.
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    1,813 Global Posts

I think RG3 is in trouble. He looks terrible and his team is obviously not behind him. Something needs to change in DC.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using iMore Forums mobile app
    pr1nce likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dkhmwilliams View Post
    I think RG3 is in trouble. He looks terrible and his team is obviously not behind him. Something needs to change in DC.

So true, he doesn't look like the same player at all.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    6,955 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pr1nce View Post
    So true, he doesn't look like the same player at all.

He's a one hit wonder
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    2,865 Global Posts

Boring MNF. I'm tired of seeing RG3 run for his life.
    Yeah the O-Line doesn't provide enough protection
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    2,865 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ajst222 View Post
    He's a one hit wonder
    I don't think that's true. I think we'll see him get better next year when he can benefit from a healthy offseason and training camp. Between that and getting the O-Line to be a more cohesive unit, there could be a large upside left for RGIII.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    6,955 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rayz336 View Post
    I don't think that's true. I think we'll see him get better next year when he can benefit from a healthy offseason and training camp. Between that and getting the O-Line to be a more cohesive unit, there could be a large upside left for RGIII.

I don't know...I just don't see him producing at an elite level. I picture him having a career like Vick's. He still plays a lot of stupid football.
    iEd
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,650 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dkhmwilliams View Post

The Shanahan's are done.

#Naked Tuesday

Quote Originally Posted by iEd View Post
    The Shanahan's are done.

#Naked Tuesday
    I agree. Redskins need some new coaches.
    Banned

Global Posts
    8,342 Global Posts

I agree. Redskins need some new coaches.
    No they need new owners who stop chasing the trophy coaches and players and just get the "workman-like" coaches and players that can get the job done.
    taz323 likes this.
    iEd
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,650 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Karenkcoulter View Post
    No they need new owners who stop chasing the trophy coaches and players and just get the "workman-like" coaches and players that can get the job done.
    Daniel Synder is a dope. Is he GM also?
    The Shananhan's philosophy isn't working for this group. I don't think the players are feeling him. Like when they had McNabb. Ok he can't play anymore just sit him cut him don't dis him like the Shananhan's did

#Naked Tuesday
    pr1nce likes this.

The Shananhan's philosophy isn't working for this group. I don't think the players are feeling him. Like when they had McNabb. Ok he can't play anymore just sit him cut him don't dis him like the Shananhan's did

#Naked Tuesday
    Sounds familar
    Banned

Global Posts
    8,342 Global Posts

#Naked Tuesday
    He was the GM before Shananhan. Not sure if he is now.
    iEd
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,650 Global Posts

Ahhh thanks so Shananhan is GM too.

#Naked Tuesday
    iEd
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,650 Global Posts

Default NFL Discussion thread

Mad talk on ESPN about the lack of love on that team. Well it seems once you get a season worth of film on a running QB it's a wrap. Same thing with Kaepernick.

#Naked Tuesday
    Banned

Global Posts
    8,342 Global Posts

Mad talk on ESPN about the lack of love on that team. Well it seems once you get a season worth of film on a running QB it's a wrap. Same thing with Kaepernick.

#Naked Tuesday
    That makes sense I think.
    Banned

Global Posts
    12,215 Global Posts

That is a really weird situation up in DC...honestly, that would be a terrible environment to play football. My Falcons may be doing terrible this season, but that is one thing you DEFINITELY don't hear about is animosity within the team. They take responsibility as a team, fingers don't get pointed (even when they should sometimes).

RG3 is rattled. He came into the NFL on a high, and he got absolutely blasted with a pretty significant injury, one that probably scared the **** out of him and made him second guess himself when he scrambles...and that is where his problem comes into play, because that's his bread and butter...to be honest, he's a slightly above average throwing QB who really shines when he gets in trouble and takes off on his feet. What good is a running QB who second guesses the run game under pressure?

There's one thing that differentiates RG3 from Kaepernick(sp?) and Russell Wilson...they've never experienced a serious injury doing what they do best. You know who has? Michael Vick...and look at him now. Replaced by Foles after one single, high powered offensive showing. One. The sad thing about these kinds of QB's is they are useless once they are rattled...you can clearly see this with Vick. After Vick took a major injury, he's never been the same. He'll have a burst of excellence, but then it just returns to a mediocre game...in a league that eats mediocre for breakfast. You have to be going 110% every game at full health to even find remote success as a mobile QB in the NFL.
    taz323 and ajst222 like this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    6,955 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHRCC View Post
    That is a really weird situation up in DC...honestly, that would be a terrible environment to play football. My Falcons may be doing terrible this season, but that is one thing you DEFINITELY don't hear about is animosity within the team. They take responsibility as a team, fingers don't get pointed (even when they should sometimes).

RG3 is rattled. He came into the NFL on a high, and he got absolutely blasted with a pretty significant injury, one that probably scared the **** out of him and made him second guess himself when he scrambles...and that is where his problem comes into play, because that's his bread and butter...to be honest, he's a slightly above average throwing QB who really shines when he gets in trouble and takes off on his feet. What good is a running QB who second guesses the run game under pressure?

There's one thing that differentiates RG3 from Kaepernick(sp?) and Russell Wilson...they've never experienced a serious injury doing what they do best. You know who has? Michael Vick...and look at him now. Replaced by Foles after one single, high powered offensive showing. One. The sad thing about these kinds of QB's is they are useless once they are rattled...you can clearly see this with Vick. After Vick took a major injury, he's never been the same. He'll have a burst of excellence, but then it just returns to a mediocre game...in a league that eats mediocre for breakfast. You have to be going 110% every game at full health to even find remote success as a mobile QB in the NFL.

There are 2 things I would like to add. 1: Wilson isn't stupid to begin with. He knows when to run and when not to. And he knows how to slide. 2: Foles is the man! I've been behind him since preseason of last year. I knew it would be a matter of time before Vick would get injured as expected and Foles would get a chance to show what he can really do.
    Banned

Global Posts
    12,215 Global Posts

There are 2 things I would like to add. 1: Wilson isn't stupid to begin with. He knows when to run and when not to. And he knows how to slide. 2: Foles is the man! I've been behind him since preseason of last year. I knew it would be a matter of time before Vick would get injured as expected and Foles would get a chance to show what he can really do.
    Agreed...I was actually shocked when the Eagles signed Chip Kelly as it made me realize they still believed in Vick, and were still investing in that game. I was questioning it all the way up until Vick went down (again...like you said, as expected), and then Foles came out and showed why he was the better QB to begin with. To be honest with you, with Foles in that position, if the Eagles don't find success, Chip's future there is going to be short lived, and they'll go with a more contemporary setup in the captain's chair.

This also sent a shock wave through the NFL. I guarantee you that you'll never see a mobile QB draft higher than solid passing QB in the future. Watch what the Jags do in the draft and the Browns...watch the QB's they target.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    6,955 Global Posts

Agreed...I was actually shocked when the Eagles signed Chip Kelly as it made me realize they still believed in Vick, and were still investing in that game. I was questioning it all the way up until Vick went down (again...like you said, as expected), and then Foles came out and showed why he was the better QB to begin with. To be honest with you, with Foles in that position, if the Eagles don't find success, Chip's future there is going to be short lived, and they'll go with a more contemporary setup in the captain's chair.

This also sent a shock wave through the NFL. I guarantee you that you'll never see a mobile QB draft higher than solid passing QB in the future. Watch what the Jags do in the draft and the Browns...watch the QB's they target.
    Kelly made me pretty nervous with his whole "quarterback competition" thing because at one point we had I think 6 QBs. Even though I wanted Foles right from the beginning, deep down I sort of knew he would just go with Vick by default that that irritated me. At least now he seems sold on Foles so that's all that matters.

I agree. In a quarterback, look for a solid passer FIRST. If he can run, that can be a positive or negative depending on how it is used. A good quarterback should be able to run when he needs to but shouldn't have to almost rely on it (like Vick, for example).
    Banned

Global Posts
    12,215 Global Posts

Kelly made me pretty nervous with his whole "quarterback competition" thing because at one point we had I think 6 QBs. Even though I wanted Foles right from the beginning, deep down I sort of knew he would just go with Vick by default that that irritated me. At least now he seems sold on Foles so that's all that matters.

I agree. In a quarterback, look for a solid passer FIRST. If he can run, that can be a positive or negative depending on how it is used. A good quarterback should be able to run when he needs to but shouldn't have to almost rely on it (like Vick, for example).
    What sucks is that the NFL has grown so complacent when it comes to their QB's being able to scramble, that they focus less time on the offensive line, and it comes back to bite many teams in the ***...look at the Falcons. They spent a good chunk of 2000's with a primetime scrambler, so they never really got any of these amazing veteran O-liners, and now, with an almost PURELY pocket passing presence, they have an O-line made out of Kraft Mac and Cheese. By the time they have a developed and experienced O-line around Matt Ryan, the guy will have been in the league for a decade, lol.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    6,955 Global Posts

What sucks is that the NFL has grown so complacent when it comes to their QB's being able to scramble, that they focus less time on the offensive line, and it comes back to bite many teams in the ***...look at the Falcons. They spent a good chunk of 2000's with a primetime scrambler, so they never really got any of these amazing veteran O-liners, and now, with an almost PURELY pocket passing presence, they have an O-line made out of Kraft Mac and Cheese. By the time they have a developed and experienced O-line around Matt Ryan, the guy will have been in the league for a decade, lol.

O-line is really underrated. Last year, Jay Cutler had none. I'm surprised he made it through it. And the Eagles offensive line without Jason Peters is scary as well. But something I found interesting is that Foles gets sacked about 5 times as less (or some crazy number like that) than Vick. Why? Because with a rushing QB, you don't know where they are and it makes the offensive line's job much harder. They don't know where the pocket is. With Vick bouncing around like a jack in the box, the pocket could be anywhere, or he might not even be in the pocket.
Page 64 of 152 FirstFirst ... 61626364656667 ... LastLast