NFL Discussion thread

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
yeah it was bitter sweet, my Bucs took care of the 'aints but we needed some help to get into the playoffs

10 - 6 and still did not make it. FML

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
My Saints were so disappointing today. They played like they did 6-7 years ago, not like a championship team.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The reason i posted the "lol @ Saints" previously was because i didn't think they were an "easy road" team, yet they flubbed the TB game to get the easy pick playoff bid against the Seahawks in round 1. Most saints fans tend to be of the opinion that the Saints work their butts off to get where they get...but they kind of shows me the opposite. I cant blame them, as far as strategy goes, a weak first round team leaves you open for a trip to the second round...

As it's shaping up now though, the Saints are going to see Atlanta in the 2nd round if they get past Seattle...and i promise you this, Seattle is HUNGRY for a playoff win, and they will beat the piss out of the Saints, even if they lose...coming to Atlanta where you just added another loss to our home record is not a scenario i would want to see as a Saints fan...and i assure you, the Falcons will NOT let what happened on the 27th happen again in the dome.

The game of this week will be GB and Eagles...i have GB moving on after a tough victory over an eagles team that is pretty beat up...Vick is still licking wounds.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I have watched the Saints lose to the Falcons for years. It's that one "arch rival" against which they typically choke. And they do that even in years where Atlanta is not particularly good. This year they have an outstanding, strong team. The 3rd meeting will be interesting - if the Saints don't blow it against Seattle.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
that sucks. i thought yahoo sports would have done a playoff only pro football pick'em, but no luck.

here are my picks for this weekend (in red)

SAINTS vs SEAHAWKS

JETS vs COLTS

RAVENS vs CHIEFS

PACKERS vs EAGLES

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I got Colts, Ravens, Packers and Saints...i think Colts will easily overcome the Jets, which have not proven to me that tehy are actually worth a damn this season; Ravens have a better team than the Chiefs, but it will be a good game, Saints should fairly easily beat Seattle...and the packers i think are out for blood, and with Vick looking sketchy the last few weeks, i give Packers a win by atleast 10.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I love and hate this time of year. Love the level the games get to - hate the confusion of who plays whom depending on who else loses/wins in their games. But you know once it's over I'll cry until spring training!

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i really wish the NFL would adopt the NCAAF overtime rules & regulations

i have been burnt by an overtime field goal and won, either way it was not that exciting

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
NFL playoff rules were changed this season so that field goals would not end sudden death overtime instantly...the other team now get's a possession to try and score after a field goal is kicked.

TD's still instantly end OT, which is fine by me. My only wish is that they would implement this into the regular season as well.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
yeah, i remember last offseason when they changed to that ruling (field goals in OT). i cant remember.. were there any games that put it to the test?

...still like the college OT better

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
yeah, i remember last offseason when they changed to that ruling (field goals in OT). i cant remember.. were there any games that put it to the test?

...still like the college OT better

Last year? Heck yeah, lol...Saints vs. Vikings. Vikings COULD have got the ball back and scored, sending the saints back home, but Favre threw the infamous cross body interception...giving the Saints an easy run back and basically handed them a field goal, ending the game.

As far as the college OT rules, i tend to agree, but i also like the NFL's new setup because it sticks to the "sudden death" approach, where as the college style is more of an even kilter approach making sure both sides have a chance, and to me, in the NFL where players are getting paid for entertainment purposes, the sudden death approach amplifies that, making it more exciting and keeping their paychecks rolling.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Last year? Heck yeah, lol...Saints vs. Vikings. Vikings COULD have got the ball back and scored, sending the saints back home, but Favre threw the infamous cross body interception...giving the Saints an easy run back and basically handed them a field goal, ending the game.

damn! that's right. my god i bet he's wishing he never came back to the league after that

As far as the college OT rules, i tend to agree, but i also like the NFL's new setup because it sticks to the "sudden death" approach, where as the college style is more of an even kilter approach making sure both sides have a chance, and to me, in the NFL where players are getting paid for entertainment purposes, the sudden death approach amplifies that, making it more exciting and keeping their paychecks rolling.

good point, sir

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I can honestly say that i did not expect the Titans to drop Vince Young...and i think they just made a TERRIBLE mistake. They are now going to look for a rookie QB with little experience that they have to spend a season or two building up, orrrrr...they'll be looking for another dropped QB in the league (my guess is on the level of Kyle Orton or something). What a silly choice they made instead of sticking with a proven weapon that they spent ZERO time developing...tsk tsk.

And to top that off, they brought the drama of Randy Moss to their franchise...there is some serious crack rock being passed around their management level.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Vince Young is a walking time bomb, yes he is very talented but wow. i'm afraid his little antics on the sideline sealed his fate, not only in Tennessee but anywhere else.. well ... actually Raiders kind of come to mind :D

ever since the national championship, when Texas beat USC, i've wished nothing but bad things on that guy.. guess it's working out for me :)

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Who dat? Da team dat forgot how to play. I'm humiliated. It was like watching them two years ago. They just ran out of steam.