Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 152 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree1458Likes
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    2,451 Global Posts

Big ups to MV. Im happy to see that he made it. I'm actually more impressed that he stayed in shape, came back, CHANGED the way he was and has been playing thr best football of his life.
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    265 Global Posts

Not only is he a pro bowl qb he is killing everyone in votes.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,726 Global Posts

I'm definitely not a fan of the man personally. However, he did something stupid and he has not only paid for his crime but he has (apparently) been rehabilitated.
  4. Thread AuthorThread Author   #54  
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,563 Global Posts

LMAO at the announcers during the Colts vs Titans game last night giving their opinion on Vince Young

what a real gem he turned out to be... and to think he was almost a Heisman Trophy winner..
  5. Thread AuthorThread Author   #55  
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,563 Global Posts

Damn you Atlanta!
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,726 Global Posts

I think we watched the Superbowl last night between Atlanta and New Orleans. Awesome effort by both teams.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    234 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Duvi View Post
    The boys? You mean the girls... cowgirls, specifically. They're some pansies.

Well... with that insult, you know I have to be an NFC EAST dude -- GIANTS!

Jets are also my team as I'm a New Yorker (living in NJ now) and root for all
    the local teams... including the Knicks =(

Giants and Jets = Superbowl matchup for 2011.
    OK, this means little come the end of the year, but at the very beginning of the year I have said that the NFC East was WEAK. Good to see parity, and how about them Packers? Having a chance at the playoffs with nearly 80 games missed by opening day starters due to injury...
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    234 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    I think we watched the Superbowl last night between Atlanta and New Orleans. Awesome effort by both teams.
    Great game, and I think it shows that the power of the league is switching back to the NFC finally after being the AFC for so long. Go NFC!
    iMore Newbie

That was a great game last night...geaux saints!
    Banned

Global Posts
    12,215 Global Posts

lol @ Saints...it will be nice watching them fall in the 1st round, because besides the Falcons game last monday, they have looked abysmal.

Falcons took the division as i thought they would...and a nice 1st round bye will be a welcome gift.

RISE UP FALCONS! Falcons/Patriots superbowl sounds delicious!
  11. Thread AuthorThread Author   #61  
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,563 Global Posts

yeah it was bitter sweet, my Bucs took care of the 'aints but we needed some help to get into the playoffs

10 - 6 and still did not make it. FML
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,726 Global Posts

My Saints were so disappointing today. They played like they did 6-7 years ago, not like a championship team.
    iMore Newbie

I'm pretty sure the Saints can beat the Seahawks next week.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,726 Global Posts

Two years ago, the Saints lost to the Redskins. Nothing is certain.
    Banned

Global Posts
    12,215 Global Posts

The reason i posted the "lol @ Saints" previously was because i didn't think they were an "easy road" team, yet they flubbed the TB game to get the easy pick playoff bid against the Seahawks in round 1. Most saints fans tend to be of the opinion that the Saints work their butts off to get where they get...but they kind of shows me the opposite. I cant blame them, as far as strategy goes, a weak first round team leaves you open for a trip to the second round...

As it's shaping up now though, the Saints are going to see Atlanta in the 2nd round if they get past Seattle...and i promise you this, Seattle is HUNGRY for a playoff win, and they will beat the **** out of the Saints, even if they lose...coming to Atlanta where you just added another loss to our home record is not a scenario i would want to see as a Saints fan...and i assure you, the Falcons will NOT let what happened on the 27th happen again in the dome.

The game of this week will be GB and Eagles...i have GB moving on after a tough victory over an eagles team that is pretty beat up...Vick is still licking wounds.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,726 Global Posts

I have watched the Saints lose to the Falcons for years. It's that one "arch rival" against which they typically choke. And they do that even in years where Atlanta is not particularly good. This year they have an outstanding, strong team. The 3rd meeting will be interesting - if the Saints don't blow it against Seattle.
  17. Thread AuthorThread Author   #67  
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,563 Global Posts

that sucks. i thought yahoo sports would have done a playoff only pro football pick'em, but no luck.

here are my picks for this weekend (in red)

SAINTS vs SEAHAWKS

JETS vs COLTS

RAVENS vs CHIEFS

PACKERS vs EAGLES
    Banned

Global Posts
    12,215 Global Posts

I got Colts, Ravens, Packers and Saints...i think Colts will easily overcome the Jets, which have not proven to me that tehy are actually worth a damn this season; Ravens have a better team than the Chiefs, but it will be a good game, Saints should fairly easily beat Seattle...and the packers i think are out for blood, and with Vick looking sketchy the last few weeks, i give Packers a win by atleast 10.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,726 Global Posts

I love and hate this time of year. Love the level the games get to - hate the confusion of who plays whom depending on who else loses/wins in their games. But you know once it's over I'll cry until spring training!
    Banned

Global Posts
    12,215 Global Posts

Could be worse...the NFL could use the BCS system.
  21. Thread AuthorThread Author   #71  
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,563 Global Posts

i really wish the NFL would adopt the NCAAF overtime rules & regulations

i have been burnt by an overtime field goal and won, either way it was not that exciting
    Banned

Global Posts
    12,215 Global Posts

NFL playoff rules were changed this season so that field goals would not end sudden death overtime instantly...the other team now get's a possession to try and score after a field goal is kicked.

TD's still instantly end OT, which is fine by me. My only wish is that they would implement this into the regular season as well.
  23. Thread AuthorThread Author   #73  
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,563 Global Posts

yeah, i remember last offseason when they changed to that ruling (field goals in OT). i cant remember.. were there any games that put it to the test?

...still like the college OT better
    Banned

Global Posts
    12,215 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BLiNK View Post
    yeah, i remember last offseason when they changed to that ruling (field goals in OT). i cant remember.. were there any games that put it to the test?

...still like the college OT better
    Last year? Heck yeah, lol...Saints vs. Vikings. Vikings COULD have got the ball back and scored, sending the saints back home, but Favre threw the infamous cross body interception...giving the Saints an easy run back and basically handed them a field goal, ending the game.

As far as the college OT rules, i tend to agree, but i also like the NFL's new setup because it sticks to the "sudden death" approach, where as the college style is more of an even kilter approach making sure both sides have a chance, and to me, in the NFL where players are getting paid for entertainment purposes, the sudden death approach amplifies that, making it more exciting and keeping their paychecks rolling.
  25. Thread AuthorThread Author   #75  
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,563 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHRCC View Post
    Last year? Heck yeah, lol...Saints vs. Vikings. Vikings COULD have got the ball back and scored, sending the saints back home, but Favre threw the infamous cross body interception...giving the Saints an easy run back and basically handed them a field goal, ending the game.
    damn! that's right. my god i bet he's wishing he never came back to the league after that

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHRCC View Post
    As far as the college OT rules, i tend to agree, but i also like the NFL's new setup because it sticks to the "sudden death" approach, where as the college style is more of an even kilter approach making sure both sides have a chance, and to me, in the NFL where players are getting paid for entertainment purposes, the sudden death approach amplifies that, making it more exciting and keeping their paychecks rolling.
    good point, sir
Page 3 of 152 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast