Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 26 of 112 FirstFirst ... 23242526272829 ... LastLast
Like Tree886Likes

Global Posts
    23,230 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default NFL thread

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHRCC View Post
    I disagree to an extent, i think you can blame Vick in cases where he's scrambled in a situation where he was supposed to throw...the O-line isn't as fast as Vick, nor can they read his very disorganized scrambling style...they've commented before saying that Vick will call an audible on the line, make it seem like he's going to hand the ball off or run himself, then he'll drop back because he sees a hole and he'll stand in the pocket too long (and he's not a very good throwing QB, so his reads are a bit sketchy)...imagine a line that just blocked for a good run that now has their QB standing in the pocket, and he gets popped, and then gets mad because his line didn't block for him.

Vick is a wild card...and it must be damn near impossible for that line to read him since he doesn't really know what he's doing half the time himself. His receivers have said many times that they can't get a read on him on the line consistently because as soon as they run a pattern, they'll look up and there's Vick running to the corner and getting hammered, or dropping back and running back and forth before deciding to throw.

Vick was amazing when he was younger, now he's just a back up at best...i think the future in Philly is going to reside in their team finding a good pocket QB that they can stand behind, and one that doesn't blame everyone but himself when the hits the fan and it wasn't obviously his fault.
    I have not seen Vick run as much this season, except when trying not to get sacked behind the line of scrimmage. On too many occasions, I have seen an opposing defense easily break through the Eagle's offensive line and sack Vick within seconds of the center snapping the ball. That is unacceptable, in my opinion, and somewhat suspect. Sure, he makes both running and throwing decisions that are not wise, but heck, as much grass and dirt that he eats "every" game, it's understandable......If the players have lost confidence in Vick's ability and/or style of play then so be it. Get with the coaching staff, the ownership and with Vick and make the necessary changes and if it results in a QB change, fine, but don't stop blocking for the man play after play. I hope that made sense....(laughing)
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,822 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default NFL thread

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe'D View Post
    I'm sure he'll eventually be okay, but ESPN is reporting that Big Ben injury could be significant
    Yeah that's messed up.

Tapatalking
    "My personal hobbies are reading, listening to music, and silence." Edith Sitwell
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    9,505 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

Default Re: NFL thread

I have not seen Vick run as much this season, except when trying not to get sacked behind the line of scrimmage. On too many occasions, I have seen an opposing defense easily break through the Eagle's offensive line and sack Vick within seconds of the center snapping the ball. That is unacceptable, in my opinion, and somewhat suspect. Sure, he makes both running and throwing decisions that are not wise, but heck, as much grass and dirt that he eats "every" game, it's understandable......If the players have lost confidence in Vick's ability and/or style of play then so be it. Get with the coaching staff, the ownership and with Vick and make the necessary changes and if it results in a QB change, fine, but don't stop blocking for the man play after play. I hope that made sense....(laughing)
    I don't think it's a matter of them NOT blocking for him as much as it is that they don't know HOW to block for him sometimes. He eat's sh*t every game because he's known for being a wild card...he kind of does what he wants. QB's have to work with their line, not against them...and to me, and from what I've read, it seems he primarily works against them because they don't know what he's going to do.

He has stopped running as much though, i think mainly because he's so beat up now.
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,822 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default NFL thread

LOL at this eagles redskins game. RG3 is torching them boys right now.

Tapatalking
    "My personal hobbies are reading, listening to music, and silence." Edith Sitwell
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,289 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0.4/6.1

Default NFL thread

Can't believe how tough the 'Boys struggled against the Browns. Barely pulled that one out

Global Posts
    23,230 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default NFL thread

Is it me or does the Steelers have the most hideous uniforms in ALL of football at any level?...hahaha
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,822 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default NFL thread

Is it me or does the Steelers have the most hideous uniforms in ALL of football at any level?...hahaha
    Smh. These 1930's looking uniforms got to go lol. I love this team but lord those are some terrible looking uniforms! Look like some old jail uniforms or something.

Tapatalking

Global Posts
    23,230 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default NFL thread

Quote Originally Posted by Rellskie View Post
    Smh. These 1930's looking uniforms got to go lol. I love this team but lord those are some terrible looking uniforms! Look like some old jail uniforms or something.

Tapatalking
    I know that's right...
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    9,505 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

Falcons...won. Sort of...
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,289 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0.4/6.1

Default NFL thread

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHRCC View Post
    Falcons...won. Sort of...
    Wins a win. Cowboys won ugly too but I'll take it
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    9,505 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

I'd agree except 5 interceptions can't be ignored...it was awful.
    JustMe'D likes this.
  12. Thread AuthorThread Author   #637  
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,632 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 182

between the BUCS winning and watching the PATS rape Indy made my Sunday - good times
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    33,391 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    N/A

Default RE: NFL thread

Quote Originally Posted by rdiddy_25 View Post
    Can't believe how tough the 'Boys struggled against the Browns. Barely pulled that one out
    Leave it to the Browns to figure out a way to lose.
    Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    Laura Knotek

Global Posts
    23,230 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default NFL thread

Thus far, I am impressed with the Niners' backup QB, Kaepernick, and it's always great to see Frank Gore do his thing. Oh, and did I mention that he's an alumni of the U?

Global Posts
    23,230 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default NFL thread

Is it possible that we'll get a chance to see some offense from the Chicago Bears tonight?
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    33,391 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    N/A

Default RE: NFL thread

Thus far, I am impressed with the Niners' backup QB, Kaepernick, and it's always great to see Frank Gore do his thing. Oh, and did I mention that he's an alumni of the U?
    Kaepernick looked really good.
    Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    Laura Knotek
    iMore Elite

iOS Version

Default NFL thread

So whose the best currently gentlemen?

I, of course, have my money on the Brady bunch. With or without gronk, the patriots have an undeniable offense!!!

Texas looks good, Atlanta looks good, BRONCOS look good...
    Niners, bears, bucs, saints?? Packers?
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    9,505 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

Patriots are good...not best (and I'm a Pats fan). They still have an atrocious problem on defense, they are very dry on receivers, they just lost Gronk and Hernandez is still very iffy, Woodhead is good in spurts but he could easily find himself sidelined as he has seen some bruising over the last couple of seasons and in the end, Brady is NOT himself this season...he's had some stand out games, but they've yet to really put together a string of really promising games, they've just beat some crap teams by a lot (as anyone should). The Jets will be no different, so this week will still not define anything for them...they are going to make the playoffs, but i doubt they make the big show this year.

A few top dogs in my opinion...

- Denver...Peyton is the man right now, and they are going to be a top running team going into the playoffs.
    - New Orleans...they are on an absolute tear right now, and Bree's is settled in. I don't like them at all, but they are making their way. If i were fighting for one of those last playoffs spots, I'd be nervous about them.
    - Houston...'nough said. They are just damn good...some weeks are better than others, but they are a tough and composed team right now.

...my Falcons are a front running team but they arn't playing very well right now, hopefully they make a statement against Tampa Bay this weekend, until then, I'm not going to list them as "Best" because i can admit they are not. Green Bay is another one...after this weekend, i will tell you whether or not i think they are one of the best teams.

Niners and Bears are a weird situation...they have significant injuries, ones that could cost them dearly in the chase, but the 49's seem to have really made some ground with their rookie, Chicago, not so much...and if we've learned anything about Cutler, when he goes down like this, he doesn't come back the same anymore. It's a real shame too because Chicago has arguably the best defense in the league, and they are busting their asses to make people know who they are...I'd be terrified to play that team as an offensive player.

Regardless of all that talk though...RISE UP! GO FALCONS!

Global Posts
    23,230 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default NFL thread

Did the Dallas Cowboys eat their Thanksgiving dinner "before" the start of today's game with Washington? They've been a no-show in this game, thus far.

Global Posts
    12,103 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Cowboy schadenfreude.
    Keith - iMore Moderator - The Mobile Nations/iMore Forum Rules
     iPhone5 on VZW;  iPad(2012) - wifi with BadElf for GPS
    "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." -- Socrates
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,289 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0.4/6.1

Default NFL thread

What the f@#k Dallas!!!

Global Posts
    23,230 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default NFL thread

You know there will be venom spewed in the Jets' locker room at half time.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    9,505 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

Me and my brother are drunk, he threw up when we laughed at Sachez cause he run into an *** LOL!
    BLiNK likes this.
  24. Thread AuthorThread Author   #649  
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,632 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 182

thoroughly enjoyed Dallas losing and the PATS killing the NYJ
    kch50428 likes this.

Global Posts
    12,103 Global Posts
    iOS Version

You know there will be venom spewed in the Jets' locker room at half time.
    Locker room nothing... try sidelines... they had a close-up of the Jet's coach on the sidelines, and held it long enough for even me to lip-read him saying into his headset mic "F***ing unbelievable"...
    Last edited by kch50428; 11-23-2012 at 11:24 AM.
    Keith - iMore Moderator - The Mobile Nations/iMore Forum Rules
     iPhone5 on VZW;  iPad(2012) - wifi with BadElf for GPS
    "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." -- Socrates
Page 26 of 112 FirstFirst ... 23242526272829 ... LastLast