Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 148 of 152 FirstFirst ... 145146147148149150151 ... LastLast
Results 3,676 to 3,700 of 3793
Like Tree1458Likes
  1. #3676  

    Default Re: NFL Discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Spencerdl View Post
    Looks like either RG3 or Kulpernick is going to end up in Denver. This is going to be an interesting off season in the NFL.
    Boy was I way off. ...LOL
  2. #3677  
    maflynn's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    208 Posts
    Global Posts
    410 Global Posts

    Default Re: NFL Discussion thread

    I'm a patriots fan, but I'm having a hard time being sympathetic towards Brady. The issue is a debacle and a black eye for the NFL and they totally mishandled it. The longer Goodell is in power the less fun the NFL becomes.
  3. #3678  

    Default Re: NFL Discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by maflynn View Post
    I'm a patriots fan, but I'm having a hard time being sympathetic towards Brady. The issue is a debacle and a black eye for the NFL and they totally mishandled it. The longer Goodell is in power the less fun the NFL becomes.
    I'm a Patriots fan as well, but I find the appellate court ruling a bunch of crock. Without any concrete evidence, and after watching two Super Bowl games after the incident was initially reported, this should have been over with a long time ago. Heck, with the exception of some in the media and some real Patriot haters, it's a nonissue, in my opinion, with respect to the general public.
    taz323 and Spencerdl like this.
  4. #3679  

    Default Re: NFL Discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Just_Me_D View Post
    I'm a Patriots fan as well, but I find the appellate court ruling a bunch of crock. Without any concrete evidence, and after watching two Super Bowl games after the incident was initially reported, this should have been over with a long time ago. Heck, with the exception of some in the media and some real Patriot haters, it's a nonissue, in my opinion, with respect to the general public.
    Yes this 🏾️
  5. #3680  
    maflynn's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    208 Posts
    Global Posts
    410 Global Posts

    Default Re: NFL Discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Just_Me_D View Post
    I'm a Patriots fan as well, but I find the appellate court ruling a bunch of crock. Without any concrete evidence, and after watching two Super Bowl games after the incident was initially reported, this should have been over with a long time ago. Heck, with the exception of some in the media and some real Patriot haters, it's a nonissue, in my opinion, with respect to the general public.
    I don't have an issue with the court system (to a degree), its really the fact that Goodell is running the NFL like his personal fiefdom. I also fault the NFLPA, because they allowed this with the CBA. They screwed up in handing Goodell the right to be the judge, executioner and the one who hears appeals. Of course he will always uphold his own judgements. The court just affirmed that right.

    There's other things that really turn me off on the NFL as well, like how these billionaire owners hold cities hostage and try to force them to pay for stadiums so those same people can make even more money.

    Every year, I find myself more interested in the college football then the NFL.
  6. #3681  

    Default NFL Discussion thread

    If I get drafted tonight, I'm buyin' all Y'all a new fishin' boat and a Husqvarna chain saw!
    taz323 and mumfoau like this.
  7. #3682  
    blackmagicwoman's Avatar
    iMore Elite

    Posts
    2,309 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,440 Global Posts

    Default Re: NFL Discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Ledsteplin View Post
    If I get drafted tonight, I'm buyin' all Y'all a new fishin' boat and a Husqvarna chain saw!
    You can just "Buy me a boat ".
    Ledsteplin likes this.
  8. #3683  

    Default Re: NFL Discussion thread

    Football season starts next week right?
  9. #3684  

    Default Re: NFL Discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by mumfoau View Post
    Football season starts next week right?
    Seems like forever
  10. #3685  

    Default NFL Discussion thread

    Ready to show my little man how daddy gets down for 3-4 hours on Sunday afternoon with the Panthers
    Spencerdl likes this.
  11. #3686  
    Trees's Avatar
    iMore Expert

    Posts
    932 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,240 Global Posts

    Default Re: NFL Discussion thread

    Aug 7th is going to be here soon.
    mumfoau likes this.
  12. #3687  

    Default Re: NFL Discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Trees View Post
    Aug 7th is going to be here soon.
    Sadly, not soon enough
    mumfoau and Trees like this.
  13. #3688  

    Default Re: NFL Discussion thread

    I'm ready for some FOOTBALL!
    Spencerdl and mumfoau like this.
  14. #3689  

    Default Re: NFL Discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Ledsteplin View Post
    I'm ready for some FOOTBALL!
    Me too
  15. #3690  

    Default Re: NFL Discussion thread

    NFL Live in the afternoon used to hold me over. I don't get to see it now though...
  16. #3691  

    Default Re: NFL Discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by mumfoau View Post
    NFL Live in the afternoon used to hold me over. I don't get to see it now though...
    It's all about baseball now, my friend. And hopefully well into October for my Nats who are struggling a bit right now.
  17. #3692  

    Default Re: NFL Discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by robertk328 View Post
    It's all about baseball now, my friend. And hopefully well into October for my Nats who are struggling a bit right now.
    You're telling that to a guy with 0 interest in baseball though I do watch a few innings of the World Series each year
  18. #3693  

    Default Re: NFL Discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by mumfoau View Post
    You're telling that to a guy with 0 interest in baseball though I do watch a few innings of the World Series each year
    I was that way too until I had a son. He's 6 now, and could teach you about baseball if you want We started watching a couple years ago and can't get enough it seems. Closest team to you is terrible, and part of the fun is going to the games.
  19. #3694  

    Default NFL Discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by robertk328 View Post
    I was that way too until I had a son. He's 6 now, and could teach you about baseball if you want We started watching a couple years ago and can't get enough it seems. Closest team to you is terrible, and part of the fun is going to the games.
    I've heard that I need to see it live and in person. Might have to go see a Charleston Riverdogs game at least.
  20. #3695  
    Honey Beagle's Avatar
    iMore Elite

    Posts
    2,567 Posts

    Default Re: NFL Discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by robertk328 View Post
    It's all about baseball now, my friend. And hopefully well into October for my Nats who are struggling a bit right now.
    If you live in the south the rebels spell nat like gnat.
  21. #3696  

    Default Re: NFL Discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by mumfoau View Post
    I've heard that I need to see it live and in person. Might have to go see a Charleston Riverdogs game at least.
    That would be a good substitute for an MLB game. The minor league games are fun, and the price is definitely right
  22. #3697  

    Default Re: NFL Discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by robertk328 View Post
    The minor league games are fun, and the price is definitely right
    I like a good price! Lol
  23. #3698  

    Default Re: NFL Discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Honey Beagle View Post
    If you live in the south the rebels spell nat like gnat.
    That's a different kind of gnat. A gnat is a bug. The "Nats" he referred to is short for Nationals. They're a baseball team.
    mumfoau, taz323 and Spencerdl like this.
  24. #3699  
    Honey Beagle's Avatar
    iMore Elite

    Posts
    2,567 Posts

    Default Re: NFL Discussion thread

    Why not spell out nationals.
  25. #3700  

    Default Re: NFL Discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Honey Beagle View Post
    Why not spell out nationals.
    Because "real" sports fans already know who/what he's referring too.
    mumfoau, robertk328 and sting7k like this.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-10-2010, 09:57 AM
  2. Official Nike+ Discussion Thread
    By ultramansfo in forum iPhone Apps & Games
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 08-06-2009, 05:40 PM
  3. Replies: 141
    Last Post: 06-24-2007, 02:48 PM
  4. TC Commentary: A discussion on the iPhone
    By miradu in forum iPhone 4
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 02-23-2007, 11:12 PM
  5. The World Has Not Ended Thread
    By gtwo#IM in forum iPhone 4
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 01-12-2007, 05:17 PM

Posting Permissions