Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 148 of 152 FirstFirst ... 145146147148149150151 ... LastLast
Results 3,676 to 3,700 of 3793
Like Tree1458Likes

Default Re: NFL Discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by Spencerdl View Post
    Looks like either RG3 or Kulpernick is going to end up in Denver. This is going to be an interesting off season in the NFL.
    Boy was I way off. ...LOL
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    410 Global Posts

I'm a patriots fan, but I'm having a hard time being sympathetic towards Brady. The issue is a debacle and a black eye for the NFL and they totally mishandled it. The longer Goodell is in power the less fun the NFL becomes.

Quote Originally Posted by maflynn View Post
    I'm a patriots fan, but I'm having a hard time being sympathetic towards Brady. The issue is a debacle and a black eye for the NFL and they totally mishandled it. The longer Goodell is in power the less fun the NFL becomes.
    I'm a Patriots fan as well, but I find the appellate court ruling a bunch of crock. Without any concrete evidence, and after watching two Super Bowl games after the incident was initially reported, this should have been over with a long time ago. Heck, with the exception of some in the media and some real Patriot haters, it's a nonissue, in my opinion, with respect to the general public.
    taz323 and Spencerdl like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Just_Me_D View Post
    I'm a Patriots fan as well, but I find the appellate court ruling a bunch of crock. Without any concrete evidence, and after watching two Super Bowl games after the incident was initially reported, this should have been over with a long time ago. Heck, with the exception of some in the media and some real Patriot haters, it's a nonissue, in my opinion, with respect to the general public.
    Yes this 🏾️
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    410 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Just_Me_D View Post
    I don't have an issue with the court system (to a degree), its really the fact that Goodell is running the NFL like his personal fiefdom. I also fault the NFLPA, because they allowed this with the CBA. They screwed up in handing Goodell the right to be the judge, executioner and the one who hears appeals. Of course he will always uphold his own judgements. The court just affirmed that right.

There's other things that really turn me off on the NFL as well, like how these billionaire owners hold cities hostage and try to force them to pay for stadiums so those same people can make even more money.

Every year, I find myself more interested in the college football then the NFL.

Default NFL Discussion thread

If I get drafted tonight, I'm buyin' all Y'all a new fishin' boat and a Husqvarna chain saw!
    taz323 and mumfoau like this.
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    2,440 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ledsteplin View Post
    If I get drafted tonight, I'm buyin' all Y'all a new fishin' boat and a Husqvarna chain saw!
    You can just "Buy me a boat ".
    Ledsteplin likes this.

Football season starts next week right?

Quote Originally Posted by mumfoau View Post
    Football season starts next week right?
    Seems like forever

Ready to show my little man how daddy gets down for 3-4 hours on Sunday afternoon with the Panthers
    Spencerdl likes this.
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    2,240 Global Posts

Aug 7th is going to be here soon.
    mumfoau likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Trees View Post
    Aug 7th is going to be here soon.
    Sadly, not soon enough
    mumfoau and Trees like this.

I'm ready for some FOOTBALL!
    Spencerdl and mumfoau like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ledsteplin View Post
    I'm ready for some FOOTBALL!
    Me too

NFL Live in the afternoon used to hold me over. I don't get to see it now though...

NFL Live in the afternoon used to hold me over. I don't get to see it now though...
    It's all about baseball now, my friend. And hopefully well into October for my Nats who are struggling a bit right now.

Quote Originally Posted by robertk328 View Post
    It's all about baseball now, my friend. And hopefully well into October for my Nats who are struggling a bit right now.
    You're telling that to a guy with 0 interest in baseball though I do watch a few innings of the World Series each year

You're telling that to a guy with 0 interest in baseball though I do watch a few innings of the World Series each year
    I was that way too until I had a son. He's 6 now, and could teach you about baseball if you want We started watching a couple years ago and can't get enough it seems. Closest team to you is terrible, and part of the fun is going to the games.

I was that way too until I had a son. He's 6 now, and could teach you about baseball if you want We started watching a couple years ago and can't get enough it seems. Closest team to you is terrible, and part of the fun is going to the games.
    I've heard that I need to see it live and in person. Might have to go see a Charleston Riverdogs game at least.
    iMore Elite

If you live in the south the rebels spell nat like gnat.

I've heard that I need to see it live and in person. Might have to go see a Charleston Riverdogs game at least.
    That would be a good substitute for an MLB game. The minor league games are fun, and the price is definitely right

The minor league games are fun, and the price is definitely right
    I like a good price! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Honey Beagle View Post
    If you live in the south the rebels spell nat like gnat.
    That's a different kind of gnat. A gnat is a bug. The "Nats" he referred to is short for Nationals. They're a baseball team.
    mumfoau, taz323 and Spencerdl like this.
    iMore Elite

Why not spell out nationals.

Quote Originally Posted by Honey Beagle View Post
    Why not spell out nationals.
    Because "real" sports fans already know who/what he's referring too.
    mumfoau, robertk328 and sting7k like this.