Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 132 of 152 FirstFirst ... 129130131132133134135 ... LastLast
Results 3,276 to 3,300 of 3793
Like Tree1458Likes

Default Re: NFL Discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHRCC View Post
    Go FALCONS

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

With the exception of the interception by the Eagles linebacker, this game has been lackluster thus far.
    Banned

Global Posts
    12,215 Global Posts

Our defense looks like sh*t on this most recent drive. Go figure...same ol' same ol'. No freakin' pass rush at all.
    Banned

Global Posts
    12,215 Global Posts

I take back what I said about our defense, they turned that sh*t UP and came to play! They just needed to get warmed up!
    Spencerdl likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    12,215 Global Posts

Matt Ryan...what the hell are you doing man?
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,891 Global Posts

Do the Falcons tackle?
    Banned

Global Posts
    12,215 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BreakingKayfabe View Post
    Do the Falcons tackle?
    Right? Defense looked solid at the end of the 2nd quarter and then never came back out of the damn locker room!

And Matty throwing 2 INT's and almost a 3rd...jesus man, this is rough. Our defense looks so winded too.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,891 Global Posts

Once the Eagles started committing to the pass they've been catching them on their toes.

Wow. Looks like the same old Falcons. Their only good for one half of Football. Meh

iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,891 Global Posts

Eagles so far: 38 passes, 11 runs
    Banned

Global Posts
    12,215 Global Posts

Drive drive drive drive...throw to the freakin' shortest receiver we have on 3rd and 7. WTF.
    Spencerdl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by HankAZ View Post
    And this is where the comparisons between Farve and Winston will end.

Macus Mariota had a pretty decent debut... and Terrell Suggs is out for the season already - torn achilles tendon. The Cardinals may have lost Andre Ellington for a bit - reports say strained (possibly torn) PCL... Dez Bryant has a broken bone in his foot and will miss some games... Jets rookie linebacker Lorenzo Mauldin was carried off the field on a back board...

The Bears stayed true to form and laid an egg against the Pack - and Cutler is still overrated, and I took it in the shorts in my FF match. Kind of "business as usual".
    I thought the Bears played better than I expected. I don't expect a lot again this year. Maybe 5 wins again.
    Banned

Global Posts
    12,215 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pr1nce View Post
    I thought the Bears played better than I expected. I don't expect a lot again this year. Maybe 5 wins again.
    Bears need to drop Cutler so bad it hurts. That guy is a joke...should have dropped him YEARS ago.

Bears need to drop Cutler so bad it hurts. That guy is a joke...should have dropped him YEARS ago.
    He looked better until the end, another interception against the Packers.

Whew. The Falcons pulled it out. They still looked like the same old Falcons.

Banned

Global Posts
    12,215 Global Posts

Ugly *** win...I can't even be proud of it, but I'm happy for the W.

Here's what I learned watching that game...

- Offensive line looks slightly better than it has in the past (which isn't saying much).
    - Defense looks GREAT in flashes and familiar in other flashes...that does not bode well when you have to play your heart out for the entire 60min. to win, and you could see them winded WAY too often.
    - Matt Ryan looked a little less ice cold and a little more lukewarm...2 interceptions (one that was UGLY), and one almost interception that as extremely ugly but thankfully too much for the defender to handle.
    - Our #1 draft pick gets a big fat goose egg when it comes to sacks tonight...and we brought him in to sack the QB, so yeah, thanks buddy.

...what looked good?

- Julio Jones...damn son, that kid is good.
    - COLEMAN! I really like that kid...I have since we drafted him. I hope we've found a stud RB in him because we've needed one!
    - Slightly better pass rush.
    - Dan Quinn looked more passionate in this one game than I can say about Mike Smith for the entire time he was in Atlanta.

1-0...Rise Up.
    Spencerdl likes this.

Ugly *** win...I can't even be proud of it, but I'm happy for the W.

Here's what I learned watching that game...

- Offensive line looks slightly better than it has in the past (which isn't saying much).
    - Defense looks GREAT in flashes and familiar in other flashes...that does not bode well when you have to play your heart out for the entire 60min. to win, and you could see them winded WAY too often.
    - Matt Ryan looked a little less ice cold and a little more lukewarm...2 interceptions (one that was UGLY), and one almost interception that as extremely ugly but thankfully too much for the defender to handle.
    - Our #1 draft pick gets a big fat goose egg when it comes to sacks tonight...and we brought him in to sack the QB, so yeah, thanks buddy.

...what looked good?

- Julio Jones...damn son, that kid is good.
    - COLEMAN! I really like that kid...I have since we drafted him. I hope we've found a stud RB in him because we've needed one!
    - Slightly better pass rush.
    - Dan Quinn looked more passionate in this one game than I can say about Mike Smith for the entire time he was in Atlanta.

1-0...Rise Up.
    I totally agree.
    Banned

Global Posts
    12,215 Global Posts

So when do they change the name to the Santa Clara 49ers? I really liked that city...had brunch there once.
    Banned

Global Posts
    6,195 Global Posts

Adrian Peterson was a non-factor tonight. And to think that we had an all out bidding war for him in our FF league.

I would have preferred a 0-0 tie since the 49ers are in the Cardinals; division and the Vikings are in the Bears' division...
    Banned

Global Posts
    12,215 Global Posts

lol...after AP wasted my first round pick last season, I ignored his *** this season and I'm happy for it. Vikings looked like a scrub team tonight, and the 49ers AINT that good.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,891 Global Posts

Can't believe both dogs won tonight.

Peterson looks weird getting handoffs in shotgun formation. RB's in this league are starting to become less and less important while just having 2 or 3 guys share the load is becoming more common. It doesn't really surprise me with AP.

The NFL is different now than even five years ago. Make sure you have a good to great QB, protect him with a good to great line, and have a good to great D-Line to disrupt the other team's QB.

Remember years ago when people couldn't believe that the Texans wanted Mario Williams over Reggie Bush? By then the league figured out that pressuring even the greatest of QB's in big games was a one-way ticket to success. That's what the Patriots showed everyone whenever they'd play the Colts. As a matter of fact, they initially showed that in the 2002 Super Bowl against the Rams.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,891 Global Posts

And a pet peeve: guys need to be taught how to tackle starting at the amateur level instead of making big hits. Watching the Cowboys and Falcons missing all these tackles because these guys are more worried about getting big hits and all is kind of pathetic. The art of just making a basic tackle is really lost these days.
    Spencerdl and taz323 like this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    12,215 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BreakingKayfabe View Post
    And a pet peeve: guys need to be taught how to tackle starting at the amateur level instead of making big hits. Watching the Cowboys and Falcons missing all these tackles because these guys are more worried about getting big hits and all is kind of pathetic. The art of just making a basic tackle is really lost these days.
    Wrapping up a player...its an elementary level piece of tackling that these NFL caliber players seem almost uninterested in. I mean sure, ESPN highlights get you your seasonal 15min. of fame, but when your team goes 6-10, who the hell cares? I was so frustrated last night watching the Falcons...William Moore can sure as sh*t lay the big helmet to helmet hit to make the crowd go nuts, but ask him to actually wrap up Sproles? No thanks, I'd rather him run for another 30 yard sprint.

Falcons are on their way to an 8-8 season with no playoffs at this rate...only saving grace is the rest of the NFC South looks like garbage too (again).

Wrapping up a player...its an elementary level piece of tackling that these NFL caliber players seem almost uninterested in. I mean sure, ESPN highlights get you your seasonal 15min. of fame, but when your team goes 6-10, who the hell cares? I was so frustrated last night watching the Falcons...William Moore can sure as sh*t lay the big helmet to helmet hit to make the crowd go nuts, but ask him to actually wrap up Sproles? No thanks, I'd rather him run for another 30 yard sprint.

Falcons are on their way to an 8-8 season with no playoffs at this rate...only saving grace is the rest of the NFC South looks like garbage too (again).
    That was another sad game for the Falcons even though they won, they looked like the same old Falcons. I thought a new coaching staff would make a difference, obviously it doesn't. Maybe they will look better as the season goes along, I sure hope so.

Banned

Global Posts
    12,215 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spencerdl View Post
    That was another sad game for the Falcons even though they won, they looked like the same old Falcons. I thought a new coaching staff would make a difference, obviously it doesn't. Maybe they will look better as the season goes along, I sure hope so.

I was pretty pissed last night, but over all, the defense IS definitely improved over what it was before. My big concern is O-line...it looked pretty similar, which is NOT a good thing for a QB entering his 30's.