NFL Discussion thread

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Interesting....I'm a Steelers fan and 95% of other Steelers fans have been great. Apparently you've never met an Eagles fan or a Dallas fan.

It's actually sad to me, and I am a die hard, born and raised philly sports fan (minus the 76ers, because the NBA is a joke)...but I have to agree for the most part. I go to maybe on eagles game a year, and it can be ugly. I truly believe that the old school fans gained the reputation for being tough fans, and now the younger generation (the kids that just now are able to drink legally) takes it to a higher level because they feel like they have to or have the right to do so because they are eagles fans.

The Flyers and Phillies fan bases are nothing like this. Last season, I sat next to a Caps fan from DC who was up visiting a friend, and he was rockin his Ovechkin jersey. I was talking to him the whole time, asking him about his experience. He told me it's been great and he never heard any crap. The whole time, he never heard a single thing from the other Flyers fans around us...even when the Caps scored. But the same can't be said for anyone walking into Philly wearing a Crosby jersey!! Haha.

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
That being said...I also feel the media does a great job at blowing things out of proportion when it comes to Eagles fans. I am so sick of hearing about "throwing snow balls at Santa".

The media neglects to make other happenings around the other leagues national news...such as two convict brothers beating a guy almost to death in San Fran for pointing out that there was a urinal open while standing in line. Or the multiple stabbings and deaths that occur in the parking lots of other teams.

I'm not saying Eagles fans are saints...they can be huge a-holes, especially if provoked...but there have been far worse incidents than anything I have ever seen in my lifetime of going to Eagles games.

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
That being said...I also feel the media does a great job at blowing things out of proportion when it comes to Eagles fans. I am so sick of hearing about "throwing snow balls at Santa".

The media neglects to make other happenings around the other leagues national news...such as two convict brothers beating a guy almost to death in San Fran for pointing out that there was a urinal open while standing in line. Or the multiple stabbings and deaths that occur in the parking lots of other teams.

I'm not saying Eagles fans are saints...they can be huge a-holes, especially if provoked...but there have been far worse incidents than anything I have ever seen in my lifetime of going to Eagles games.

Eh, I'd say the Flyers fans are almost on par with Eagles fans. I'm a diehard Pens fan that lives in the Philly burbs and I would NEVER step foot in the Wells Fargo Arena. Not a chance in hell of that ever happening. The thing that gets me about Philly fans is that they are the douchiest(for the most part) fans on the planet.....with nothing to back it up. Lol.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Interesting....I'm a Steelers fan and 95% of other Steelers fans have been great. Apparently you've never met an Eagles fan or a Dallas fan.

Yeah there's one bad apple in every group. I don't want to dislike the steelers but when someone texts you nonsense for 7 years about a team you get over it lol

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Yeah there's one bad apple in every group. I don't want to dislike the steelers but when someone texts you nonsense for 7 years about a team you get over it lol

I hear ya! I went to school in Johnstown, PA which is outside of Pittsburgh, and good lord I have never heard so much trash talk! I learned at a VERY young age to NEVER talk trashin regards to my Philly teams, because they always have let me down...haha. Also, my mentality as a child was that Pitt teams were ok in my book because they were also from PA, which is where I was from. It wasn't until I was older that I gained a hatred for the penguins, and it wasn't until college that I started disliking the Steelers...and that was just because of the fans I went to school with!

It was great getting to see the Eagles beat them at three rivers back then...in overtime too!!

The Pirates, well....I honestly don't mind them at all being in the AL.

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Back on topic.....should hopefully be a good one tonight!

I picked Denver in my work pick'em, but with the way this season has been going...nothing would surprise me.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Denver looked really strong last season too...but faltered in the post season. We'll see if Manning is the choke artist he's become famous for this year because they'll definitely make the playoffs...and he seems to have a much better team around him...hell, I'd say he has the PERFECT formula around him right now. It's all up to him.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Denver looked really strong last season too...but faltered in the post season. We'll see if Manning is the choke artist he's become famous for this year because they'll definitely make the playoffs...and he seems to have a much better team around him...hell, I'd say he has the PERFECT formula around him right now. It's all up to him.

I do agree. I'm still not sold on him being a choke artist though. Hard to call a guy with his greatness and what he has achieved and on top of that, a Super Bowl champion a choke artist playing in the ultimate team sport.

Sent from my 128 GB, Space Grey iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
I do agree. I'm still not sold on him being a choke artist though. Hard to call a guy with his greatness and what he has achieved and on top of that, a Super Bowl champion a choke artist playing in the ultimate team sport.

Sent from my 128 GB, Space Grey iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

He has been choking when he hit the playoffs though. Maybe he can turn things around, but in the end he will face my team again, and that is when he fails.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711