Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 123 of 152 FirstFirst ... 120121122123124125126 ... LastLast
Results 3,051 to 3,075 of 3793
Like Tree1458Likes

Default Re: NFL Discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by pappy53 View Post
    It was a dumb call. They couldn't stop Lynch the whole game, and he would have at least 2 tries to get one yard.
    I heard a stat this morning that he only made 1 of 5 TDs in that situation this year. Still could have tried it as they had two time outs.

I'm happy though. After beating my Packers in heart breaking fashion two weeks prior it was good to see them lose in a similar situation.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,895 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jmburke1982 View Post
    It was also an awful throw on Wilson's part...
    I have to completely disagree on that. The play was read like a book and it was just unfortunate that he got intercepted. He couldn't have made a better throw.

It just wasn't a good play call for that situation. And Belichick completely put the pressure on the Seahawks when he didn't call a timeout.
    Just_Me_D and robertk328 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I have to completely disagree on that. The play was read like a book and it was just unfortunate that he got intercepted. He couldn't have made a better throw.

I agree. The pass itself was spot-on, and as I stated earlier, under any other circumstances, the play would have worked.
    robertk328 likes this.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    238 Global Posts

I'm a British NFL fan and I've seen most Super Bowl games over the past 25 years. Last night's was a great game with fortune switching between the teams. The Seahawks are clearly a great team with a QB who will be a future legend of the game, but for me Tom Brady is Da Man and I was backing the Patriots all the way through the season to win Super Bowl.
    My team the Cowboys had a much better season than I had expected, so watch out for them next season.
    taz323 and HAWK like this.
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    1,131 Global Posts

It just wasn't a good play call for that situation. And Belichick completely put the pressure on the Seahawks when he didn't call a timeout.
    I agree with everything, but if you watch the play again...and I only saw it live, didn't watch replays...it looked like if he threw to the outside shoulder it would have been a better ball for the receiver to catch.

Could be wrong, but just my two cents
    Banned

Global Posts
    12,215 Global Posts

Pass wasn't terrible, but apparently from what I've read, the play that was called was supposed to have a pass that was low and tight towards the receiver on the slant. Wilson lead the receiver about 2 feet too much, and it created a gap for Butler to get in there.

So Wilson's lack of true precision was shown, but really, I don't blame him at all...Butler made one HELL of a defensive move, and the call was just awful to begin with.
    jmburke1982 likes this.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,895 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jmburke1982 View Post
    I agree with everything, but if you watch the play again...and I only saw it live, didn't watch replays...it looked like if he threw to the outside shoulder it would have been a better ball for the receiver to catch.

Could be wrong, but just my two cents
    I actually think Lockette got beaten to the spot by Butler.
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    1,131 Global Posts

I actually think Lockette got beaten to the spot by Butler.
    Yea well that's definitely true. One hell of a defensive play.
    Banned

Global Posts
    12,215 Global Posts

Falcons and fans welcome Dan Quinn to Atlanta as our new head coach today! I'm excited to see what he does with the team...though I'm hearing big time rumors that Julio Jones is heading out the door. I don't mind terribly because I don't think the Falcons need an $18mil. receiver...

Atlanta Falcons owner Arthur Blank says new coach Dan Quinn has final say over 53-man roster - ESPN
    taz323 likes this.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,895 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHRCC View Post
    Falcons and fans welcome Dan Quinn to Atlanta as our new head coach today! I'm excited to see what he does with the team...though I'm hearing big time rumors that Julio Jones is heading out the door. I don't mind terribly because I don't think the Falcons need an $18mil. receiver...

Atlanta Falcons owner Arthur Blank says new coach Dan Quinn has final say over 53-man roster - ESPN
    Based on the receiving personnel of each of the two teams in the Super Bowl, nobody needs an overly-paid receiver.
    jmburke1982 likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    12,215 Global Posts

I'd rather see a big time contract with a down hill running back like Lynch vs. a high paid receiver renewal like Julio...if there's anything that our team has been missing outside of defense and an offensive line, it's a strong RB since Michael Turner left. Steven Jackson was a complete waste of time...
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    4,489 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by H A W K View Post
    It's a bad day to be a Seahawks fan, but at the same time they did make it to the Super Bowl and to be that close they could mess up a close situation like that is nothing to be ashamed of. That being said STUPID call

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pete Carroll is a whining bi*ch. I'm glad he lost. I hated him at USC.

Here's a pretty cool video from the sidelines:

jmburke1982 and taz323 like this.

The Pats got their rings!
    NFL Discussion thread-imageuploadedbytapatalk1423091146.169292.jpg

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5
    robertk328 and hydrogen3 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ledsteplin View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423091146.169292.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	95.0 KB 
ID:	76901

Ah, that's messed up...

Nice!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Banned

Global Posts
    8,342 Global Posts

Saw the and thought it was interesting: http://deadspin.com/no-more-the-nfls...ham-1683348576
    Banned

Global Posts
    12,215 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Karenkcoulter View Post
    Saw the and thought it was interesting: No More, The NFL's Domestic Violence Partner, Is A Sham
    The commercials are cringe inducing...one particularly with Jennifer Garner or Hillary Swank or some other woman that looks like a foot with their mascara running down their face going "No no...I'm ok, I'm ok...", then 2min. later, you have line backers from various teams with tears in their eyes sniffling.

I mean COMMMEEEE ONNNNNNNN! I actually think creating an identifiable brand is a good move, but the commercials are just awful and veer me completely away from the cause all together.

Commercial in question...

jmburke1982 likes this.
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    1,131 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHRCC View Post
    The commercials are cringe inducing...one particularly with Jennifer Garner or Hillary Swank or some other woman that looks like a foot with their mascara running down their face going "No no...I'm ok, I'm ok...", then 2min. later, you have line backers from various teams with tears in their eyes sniffling.

I mean COMMMEEEE ONNNNNNNN! I actually think creating an identifiable brand is a good move, but the commercials are just awful and veer me completely away from the cause all together.

Commercial in question...

I agree, I feel that they could have done something better.

I heard they were showing a commercial where a woman calls 911 and pretends to order a pizza but is actually calling for domestic violence, but I didn't see it during the super bowl. I thought that was a good one.

Default NFL Discussion thread

BREAKING NEWS: Pete Carroll resigns as Seahawks coach...

Pete bad call Carroll is leaving the Seahawks for the ministry.
    Late breaking story from ESPN Sportscenter..........2/11/2015
    Pete Carroll, former head coach of the Seattle Seahawks, is reported to be very near to signing on as a special consultant to The Pope in Vatican City. The Pope looks to recruit Carroll to be a spokesman for the Catholic Church because he is the first man in history that made 100 million people jump up and yell "Jesus Christ!" at the same time.
    More information will be reported as this story is followed.

NFL Discussion thread-imageuploadedbytapatalk1424357108.228822.jpg

Sent from my ancient iPhone 5 (no longer trustworthy)
    jmburke1982, HAWK and hydrogen3 like this.

BREAKING NEWS: Pete Carroll resigns as Seahawks coach...

Pete bad call Carroll is leaving the Seahawks for the ministry.
    Late breaking story from ESPN Sportscenter..........2/11/2015
    Pete Carroll, former head coach of the Seattle Seahawks, is reported to be very near to signing on as a special consultant to The Pope in Vatican City. The Pope looks to recruit Carroll to be a spokesman for the Catholic Church because he is the first man in history that made 100 million people jump up and yell "Jesus Christ!" at the same time.
    More information will be reported as this story is followed.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424357108.228822.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	14.0 KB 
ID:	77703

Sent from my ancient iPhone 5 (no longer trustworthy)
    Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    1,131 Global Posts

So there are reports going around today saying that a tape of Dez Bryant is going to be released today, and what is on the tape is "five times worse than Ray Rice".

After doing a little bit of research, I found that these rumors have been going on for a few weeks now. Some are saying that whoever has the tape said unless they were paid they would release it today, hence the deadline of it being released today.

I don't know what to make of this....the Eagles fan in me wants this to be true (minus the violence that may be associated with it) simply because he always kills us, but the human soul in me wants it to be false.

Right now, I am taking it with a grain of salt, and I wouldn't be surprised to find out that it's a hoax.
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    1,131 Global Posts

In other NFL news, the Inglewood, CA City Council approved a $2B plan to build a football stadium. Looks like the NFL is going back to LA very soon!

I read that Oakland and San Diego may be involved to move to LA and share the stadium.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,895 Global Posts

And the mayor of Inglewatts decided a public vote wasn't necessary either.

I've loved not having an NFL team here the past 20 years. The idea of using any public money (you know it'll be used) to build a stadium is very low in the list of priorities here.
    jmburke1982 likes this.