NFL Discussion thread

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I know there are a lot of people who will say they "always knew RGIII wouldn't last", but honestly, I truly believed he would be the Redskins next superstar. That was until a brutal game against my Falcons where he was obliterated by Sean Weatherspoon on the sideline during a rush play out to the wing...I knew after that hit (and the fact that he continued to play and I think threw 3 INT's afterwards) that he was done. I honestly don't think RGIII will ever return to top form, and will probably end up on someone's depth squad as a long shot 2nd stringer but probably 3rd stringer.

Yeah me too... I figured when rg3 train was rolling through the nfl three years ago this guys the next big thing for the next decade. Wheaties boxes and Nike commercials the sky was the limit. Then nothing.....

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Yeah me too... I figured when rg3 train was rolling through the nfl three years ago this guys the next big thing for the next decade. Wheaties boxes and Nike commercials the sky was the limit. Then nothing.....

To be fair, he did sustain some intense and detrimental injuries for the type of athlete/QB he is. Michael Vick became a super star because he avoided these injuries until later in his career...unfortunately RGIII had them right off the gun, and he'll never really blossom.

I bet most 'skins fans would take a hobbling, injured, 50% RGIII vs. Cousins after tonight though, LOL!

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Did the Giants really look that good? Or the Skins just had a off game as a team. Cousins does not play on the defensive side of the ball.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I was so pissed watching that game last night...I dropped the Giants TE to pick up a defensive team in my FF league because my starting defense had a bye this week. Guy ends up getting 30 points in PPR...ugh.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Horrible officiating today, both ways. Just put ’em all in dresses and hair ribbons. SMH

These guys can't catch a break from this officiating after the NFL told them to buckle down on contact...the one glaringly obvious call in this game and the guy used his shoulder, then someone putting their hands on Cutlers helmet is targeting his head? So so stupid.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Looks like the Bears injuries are catching up with them. No pass rush and no one healthy enough to play DB, plus Aaron Rodgers is not a combination that will bode well for Chicago.

Then throw in Cutler completing passes to the Packer secondary. Light out in Chi-town.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Looks like the Bears injuries are catching up with them. No pass rush and no one healthy enough to play DB, plus Aaron Rodgers is not a combination that will bode well for Chicago.

Then throw in Cutler completing passes to the Packer secondary. Light out in Chi-town.

It was brutal. Glad they decided to keep Mel Tucker as def coordinator after he bombed at it last year. And they only had an entire off season to upgrade Conte at safety. Pathetic.

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
It was brutal. Glad they decided to keep Mel Tucker as def coordinator after he bombed at it last year. And they only had an entire off season to upgrade Conte at safety. Pathetic.

You want pathetic??? Try looking at that "team" they have assembled in Pittsburgh. Now, THATS pathetic!