NFL Discussion thread

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I've been surprised by Arizona's defense so far. I know it was good last year but they're missing a few starters and they haven't missed a beat. Haven't allowed a point in the 4th quarter in the 3 games this season.

Between drugs and injuries, the defense has some holes. Dockett was the biggest loss so far - ACL. then there's the moronic DV issue here, too.

MilliwaysPub

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
One of the things I have enjoyed about the Seahawks the last couple seasons if the fact that when somebody goes down with injury, signs with somebody else, etc there has been somebody to step up and take their place. We haven't lost anybody like Dockett but when Clemens/Bryant moved on we had guys step in (Marsh, especially).

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Da Bears! Never seen an NFL team win a game like that with NO secondary. Everyone but Fuller is banged up, hurt, etc. The fact that the Jets are totally inept in the red zone didn?t hurt the Bears, either.

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Da Bears! Never seen an NFL team win a game like that with NO secondary. Everyone but Fuller is banged up, hurt, etc. The fact that the Jets are totally inept in the red zone didn’t hurt the Bears, either.

Not bad at all, but will start to take its toll.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Bears came one inexperienced QB away from a loss tonight...they're going to need to step their game up on defense big time.

The Bears biggest problem right now is that they need healthy bodies. Their secondary is already in shambles and we’re only 3 weeks into the season. Tillman is out for the season. Conte, Mundy, Jennings are banged up to the point of not being able to play. Dixon, Vereen and Fuller are rookies with NO NFL experience. Only Fuller looks like he knows what he’s doing out there.

McClellin, McManis, Slauson, Ratliff and Wilson have missed games. Wilson is out for the season. The offense is also hurting. Garza has missed a couple of games, Marshall and Jeffries are playing hurt. The Bears currently have 14 or 15 players on their injury list.

True, a QB with any red zone efficiency would have smoked them tonight. The fact that they were playing the grossly inept Jets and Geno Smith was their saving grace tonight.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
The good thing for the Bears is that their O-Line is much improved than over the past 2 seasons. Jay Cutler really was trying to protect his life out there. I felt bad that he had such dismal protection seeing as I think he's a great QB.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The good thing for the Bears is that their O-Line is much improved than over the past 2 seasons. Jay Cutler really was trying to protect his life out there. I felt bad that he had such dismal protection seeing as I think he's a great QB.

I always struggle to call him great...but will always consider him "tough". The guy has taken an absolutely BRUTAL amount of punishment on the field, maybe 2nd to Rapelsberger over the last couple of seasons. He's not technical enough for me to consider him a great, but as an athlete, he's tough as nails and has ability to keep him relevant at QB.

I just want to tell Bears fans thank you for Hester...LOL! :rotfl:

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I heard all this stuff about Hester "losing his speed" during the off-season. Dude looks like he got faster.

His quote of the week was the post-game interview where he said "I'm getting older now, and I realize that I have to come to terms with the fact that I can't run a 4.3 anymore...I just have to settle for a 4.4..."

Nothing about his performance last Thursday seemed slower to me! And if that's slow, holy sh*t!

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I heard all this stuff about Hester "losing his speed" during the off-season. Dude looks like he got faster.

He does look extremely fast out there. Pisses me off that we let him go
what were we thinking? But my Bears pulled out a must win last night.
I find myself nervous about every game with the Bears. I always have
this feeling we could lose every game. But I think that we could win
every game as well. Makes me anxious.

Sent from my iPad Air. Best tablet on the planet.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
He does look extremely fast out there. Pisses me off that we let him go
what were we thinking? But my Bears pulled out a must win last night.
I find myself nervous about every game with the Bears. I always have
this feeling we could lose every game. But I think that we could win
every game as well. Makes me anxious.

Sent from my iPad Air. Best tablet on the planet.

Hated to see Hester go. Not sure what Trestman and Emery were thinking when they let him go. But for sure, the Bears defense needs to get really healthy really fast. Like by Sunday for Rodgers and the Packers. As well as Fuller is playing, and as healthy as he is, he can’t play all 4 DB positions by himself.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Hated to see Hester go. Not sure what Trestman and Emery were thinking when they let him go. But for sure, the Bears defense needs to get really healthy really fast. Like by Sunday for Rodgers and the Packers. As well as Fuller is playing, and as healthy as he is, he can’t play all 4 DB positions by himself.

It'd really be a shame not to take advantage of this unusually soft Packers team this early when they are still wounded...putting a win on them early would definitely make game #2 against them a little less stressful at Lambeau.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
It'd really be a shame not to take advantage of this unusually soft Packers team this early when they are still wounded...putting a win on them early would definitely make game #2 against them a little less stressful at Lambeau.

I can see this going two ways.... A complete ambush by the Bears and they have an amazing offensive game. Or cutler getting chased around the field all night tossing the ball to the camera man and Green Bay takes it by a small margin. I don't know what's up with the Bears offensive line this year but their dedication to keeping cutlers head on his shoulders changes from quarter to quarter

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Man if you would of asked me three years ago I would of said Redskins 2015 super bowl champs

I know there are a lot of people who will say they "always knew RGIII wouldn't last", but honestly, I truly believed he would be the Redskins next superstar. That was until a brutal game against my Falcons where he was obliterated by Sean Weatherspoon on the sideline during a rush play out to the wing...I knew after that hit (and the fact that he continued to play and I think threw 3 INT's afterwards) that he was done. I honestly don't think RGIII will ever return to top form, and will probably end up on someone's depth squad as a long shot 2nd stringer but probably 3rd stringer.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711