Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 118 of 152 FirstFirst ... 115116117118119120121 ... LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,950 of 3793
Like Tree1458Likes

Default Re: NFL Discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    As a die-hard Packer fan who bleeds green 'n gold.... after the coaching stupidity in the 4th quarter, they deserved to lose.
    The Packers coaching has done this habitually in past games and got away with it by the skin of their teeth but it finally caught up with them and bit them hard in the <blank>. What I'm referring to is the complete idiocy in the 4th quarter where the pack lead by less than a TD and with 5 minutes left in the game, decide to (unbelievably) go 3 and out - not even trying for a 1st down to control the clock. What?? Why in the world would the coaches tell them to just to 3 quick runs up the middle (that are easily stuffed) and punt it away??? There would never have been the on-side kick bobble, or an OT either if it weren't for crap play calling in the last 5 minutes of the 4th. OMG... my blood pressure is starting to rise again... breathe.. breeeeaaathe.... LOL
    Tell me about it. My blood is same color as yours, and boiling just the same.

Turning my attention to baseball as we wait for opening day. Numerous says 77 days.
    HelloNNNewman likes this.
    CDG
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts

I am in mourning since the Packer loss.
    Banned

Global Posts
    6,195 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHRCC View Post
    I love the attention this deflating football thing is getting...the Patriots could have used a nerf ball full of water and probably still would have own by 2 TD's.
    Absolutely. First of all, the balls are checked a couple hours before game time. Then, the referee handles the ball before every play. Even then, I could see room to surmise that something untoward occurred in a 1 to 8 point loss. But in a 45-7 blow out, a deflated football is the last thing that I would point to. The Colts just plain got spanked. I don’t like the Pats, and can’t stand both Brady and Belichick, but dang, son. This was not because of a deflated football.

Moving on. I will take my one out of two day (Packers lose) and skip the Super Bowl Big Game. The NFL doesn’t allow us to use that term - we have to call it "The Big Game". SMFH.
    robertk328 likes this.
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    1,131 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    As a die-hard Packer fan who bleeds green 'n gold.... after the coaching stupidity in the 4th quarter, they deserved to lose.
    The Packers coaching has done this habitually in past games and got away with it by the skin of their teeth but it finally caught up with them and bit them hard in the <blank>. What I'm referring to is the complete idiocy in the 4th quarter where the pack lead by less than a TD and with 5 minutes left in the game, decide to (unbelievably) go 3 and out - not even trying for a 1st down to control the clock. What?? Why in the world would the coaches tell them to just to 3 quick runs up the middle (that are easily stuffed) and punt it away??? There would never have been the on-side kick bobble, or an OT either if it weren't for crap play calling in the last 5 minutes of the 4th. OMG... my blood pressure is starting to rise again... breathe.. breeeeaaathe.... LOL
    My one question....when the Packers intercepted Wilson's pass with 5 minutes left, why did who ever intercepted the ball (I forget who it was) go down right away?! Why didn't he run?!

If I remember correctly...he really had no one around him, and could have easily returned the pick to within field goal range.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,894 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jmburke1982 View Post
    My one question....when the Packers intercepted Wilson's pass with 5 minutes left, why did who ever intercepted the ball (I forget who it was) go down right away?! Why didn't he run?!

If I remember correctly...he really had no one around him, and could have easily returned the pick to within field goal range.
    It was Morgan Burnett. It's funny because the bad announcers on FOX were hardly even harping on that. I thought the same thing. It seemed as though he had some daylight to run in.
    iEd
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,650 Global Posts

At that point the Packers pretty much thought they had they game won.
    Seattle would have had to score two touchdowns in a min and change to have a shot which they did. The blown assignment on the on side kick screwed the Packers. Bostick's man to block was Matthews who caught the ball.
    Burnett could have scored but his focus was to secure possession. I can't blame him on that.
    Bostick screwed up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,894 Global Posts

I know you practice that scenario over and over and over and Bostick's job was to block in that situation. But the ball was right there for him. I would have done the same thing. He f'd up the catch.

That 5-yard hail mary for the 2-point conversion was so bad for them. Almost as worse as getting fooled on the fake field goal for a TD. At that point Seattle is down 16-0, has nothing going on offense for them, so you had to have expected that a fake was a strong possibility and instead you ran the block FG unit out there.
    iEd
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,650 Global Posts

Teams have come back but that was some other kind of stuff where all those wrinkles you need to win happens. Fake Field Goal, Onside Recovery, Two Point Conversion, Walk Off TD.
    Wilson throws that pass and the coverage was decent. It just dropped in Kearse's arms perfectly. I read on Twitter one of the Packers said he would have rather not made the playoffs than lose like that.
    You can take a beat down like NE gave Indy but losing like the Packers did is a hurt piece. Being from Philly and a Eagles fan I know about that hurt piece lol. Plenty of playoffs Zero Super Bowls.

jmburke1982 likes this.
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    2,563 Global Posts

Default NFL Discussion thread

Now the Ravens are jumping on the deflated ball bandwagon.
    Whether they were or not, the Pats still outplayed the Colts.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    9,915 Global Posts

11 of 12 Pats footballs were under inflated. CHEATERS! If the Bears did it I would say the same thing.

Just like steroids in baseball - I hate CHEATERS!

Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    11 of 12 Pats footballs were under inflated. CHEATERS! If the Bears did it I would say the same thing.

Just like steroids in baseball - I hate CHEATERS!
    Unless they can tie it to a player or a coach, all that will come of this is media coverage, speculation, and maybe a fine. The Superbowl matchup will not be altered.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    9,915 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe'D View Post
    Unless they can tie it to a player or a coach, all that will come of this is media coverage, speculation, and maybe a fine. The Superbowl matchup will not be altered.
    Are you trying to say Tom Brady didn't know he was using an under inflated football? Give me a break.

I now put Tom Brady in the same category as Alex Rodriguez, Rafael Palmeiro, Barry Bonds and all the other cheaters in professional sports and his records means nothing anymore.
    robertk328 likes this.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    5,189 Global Posts

How does a deflated football alter a game? My football has a slow leak and I actually think it makes it nicer. If that's the case, both teams would have benefited from it...

Banned

Global Posts
    8,342 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by the_tech_eater View Post
    How does a deflated football alter a game? My football has a slow leak and I actually think it makes it nicer. If that's the case, both teams would have benefited from it...

Makes it easier to hold on to. My understanding is that each team supplies the balls they use on offense.
    palandri likes this.

Are you trying to say Tom Brady didn't know he was using an under inflated football? Give me a break.

I now put Tom Brady in the same category as Alex Rodriguez, Rafael Palmeiro, Barry Bonds and all the other cheaters in professional sports and his records means nothing anymore.
    I am indeed a Pats fan, but I don't condone cheating. My reply above was solely in regard to the scandal itself. To be honest, I haven't even thought about whether Brady or anyone else were aware of the deflated state of the footballs.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    9,915 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Karenkcoulter View Post
    Makes it easier to hold on to. My understanding is that each team supplies the balls they use on offense.
    Exactly!
    iEd
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,650 Global Posts

You hate Brady that much?

After taking a moment to consider whether the Pats intentionally deflated the footballs, the organization should be punished if proof is irrefutable. Now in the overall scheme of things, and some of you will not like this, I highly doubt that the outcome would've been different. The score was 45 to 7. If the score was as close as the Seattle / Green Bay game then the league would probably go beyond the motions they are going through right now, but because it was a straight up beatdown, the deflated football allegations will not go anywhere. These are my personal opinions, and nothing more.
    CDG and joemd60 like this.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    5,189 Global Posts

Default NFL Discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by Karenkcoulter View Post
    That makes sense. I had heard that the home team supplied all the balls. And if they did, then it'd be a level playing field. But if each team supplies their own balls for offense, I can understand why there is some controversy over it.

CDG
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by the_tech_eater View Post
    That makes sense. I had heard that the home team supplied all the balls. And if they did, then it'd be a level playing field. But if each team supplies their own balls for offense, I can understand why there is some controversy over it.

I thought the Home team did supply the balls at least the backup 12?

Hey maybe the Patriots suppled the Colts with over inflated balls and the results reflect that as well.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
    iEd
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,650 Global Posts

Just saw on ESPN.
    Each teams footballs are brought into the refs locker room 2 hours before game. They are checked for air pressure. If they are under they add air to spec. If over they deflate it to spec.
    Throwing balls are given to the ball boys. Kicking balls are given to a official on the sidelines. At halftime the balls are checked again for air pressure again this is where 11 of the 12 Patriots balls where found to be under inflated.
    Apparently the Colt that had the interception felt the ball was under inflated which was obviously a Patriot ball

Banned

Global Posts
    6,195 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe'D View Post
    I am indeed a Pats fan, but I don't condone cheating. My reply above was solely in regard to the scandal itself. To be honest, I haven't even thought about whether Brady or anyone else were aware of the deflated state of the footballs.
    How could Brady have not known? The man handles "official size and weight" footballs almost every day of his life. Are you saying that there is no way he could have known the balls he was using the the game felt different? As in, easier to grab, especially in the cold, rainy weather?

Again, the Colts got pummeled, and I doubt that the deflated balls had any thing (or much) to do with that... but still, Brady HAD to know something wasn’t right.
    palandri likes this.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    21,827 Global Posts

What's going to come out of this is serious questions about the integrity of the game as a whole and NFL antitrust...there will be calls for more government intervention and oversight of all pro sports.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,894 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kch50428 View Post
    What's going to come out of this is serious questions about the integrity of the game as a whole and NFL antitrust...there will be calls for more government intervention and oversight of all pro sports.
    Primarily because of gambling.
    Banned

Global Posts
    6,195 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kch50428 View Post
    Regardless of what effect any of this had on the game (I personally doubt that it did - but cheating is cheating), it’s been a pretty bad year for the NFL from an image perspective. Goodell is failing pretty hard, IMO.
    CDG and palandri like this.