Content blockers blocked

Oct 21, 2016
Visit site
I use a content blocker on both my Mac and iPhone, and for the past week I've noticed that iMore (and Windows Central for that matter) seem to now be actively blocking content blockers.

The weird thing is, the pop up asks you to turn off content blocker in a very polite manner, and then gives you an option to "Continue", but clicking "Continue" just reloads the page, and the pop up reappears. The only thing one can do is to reload the page without content blockers.

Is this an oversight, or intentional?

Oct 21, 2016
Visit site
I imagine that's the case, although I'm not so sure that it is getting blocked completely. At least, not intentionally.

On my Mac, while running the content blocker, I can click "Continue", and it seems to let me continue without interruption. On my iPhone, however, it seems to just keep asking.

Maybe it's not intentional, and the mechanism has a bug when it comes to mobile ... I'd be interested to know if anyone else who uses content blockers is experiencing the same issue.

Tech198

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site
This is what you get when you rely on ads for revenue... Sandwiched between a wall of ads on one side, and people that want them blocked on the other and even then u have mixed feelings based on each person..

cuttheredwire

Apr 28, 2016
Visit site
Considering how many attacks come from ads, I always ecourage people to block them. Shedun/HummingBad has used them to infect Android phones.

You can try Opera's VPN and built-in ad blocker on Mac; Firefox ad blocker and Opera's VPN apps for iOS. I don't use my Mac much, but Adblock Plus used to work pretty well after tweaking the settings.

Before you buy an app or product, check if there is an iMore affiliate link on the site. That is another way they support themselves and you can help support them.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox