Live links

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I don't get how he can have 178 posts and be posting here IF he does not already have a name?

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Anyway, nobody answered my original question ! because if there were still live links in iMore emails I wouldn't have to think about the website !!

Last edited:

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Wotcher!

Shoot me an email with an example of the live links you talk about - if anything is broken I need to see it before I can fix it. Thanks!

james AT mobilenations dot com

skoenig

Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm, very interesting situation.

Here's the fix:

Wotcher! please create yourself an account on @ passport.mobilenations.com don't use the exclamation mark as that's not allowed (bear with me). Just use Wotcher ping me here when you have.

Then I can link that passport account with this IM account and, given the delay, change the passport username.

Email Links
With regard to the email links we had a problem on the site where emails being sent without the domain name so that the browser didn't know they were link and if it did it thought they were local to your email client.

Alerts/Notifications
Obviously without a passport account to manage them it all fell over. Once we have the above sorted it will be a lot easier, you set defaults to always not be notified if you want.

Regards

Steph

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Skoenig , that's entertaining ! doesn't work though, because apparently there is an account in that name (me obviously) curiouser and curiouser....

skoenig

Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
Alright I'll get the hammer out.

I didn't check if Wotcher was avail! Semed unique enough to me... anyway it can be any name really because we're going to change it...

I'll make an account for you and then email you login etc. Let's see how deep this hole goes...

~Steph

skoenig

Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
Yeah sorry someone else was already called wotcher... you can try tracking them down if you like...

Glad you're back though.

~Steph

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Ok my friend, thank you all again ! sort of weird though, all seems ok now , I 'd quite like to know what had happened ( in words of very few syllables and nice big pictures ) but never mind.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Ok my friend, thank you all again ! sort of weird though, all seems ok now , I 'd quite like to know what had happened ( in words of very few syllables and nice big pictures ) but never mind.

I don't mind telling you. It was the questionmark in your name. Under our old system, and/or under the way you signed up for your account this was allowed. HOWEVER when we converted to the newer Passport system your account did not convert. Generally the system fixed those issues, but in your case it did not, possible because another guy existed with the same or similar username. Call it a glitch. But just glad it all got worked out. The guy who fixed you up is actually THE head tech guy.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
oops ! was going to ask HTH I can stop receiving endless emails about old threads ? the live links question was just a part of this,a sort of workround if you will, I' d really like to be able to unclutter my inbox, -after all I open the app and look at the participated section most days.