iMore 3.0 feedback and bug reports

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
The all new, all iOS 7-optimized iMore 3.0 for iPhone app is here!

- Free - Read this blog post for more info!

In the mean time, please try it out and if you have feedback, or you want to report a bug, please do so in this thread. We'll all be monitoring it closely!

App update is free, of course. Just our way of saying thank you for being the best community on the web, by far!

imore_app_3_hero.jpg

iSRS

iOS & macOS Champion, Trusted Member
Champion
Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Liking the update, too. I may like to see Pocket added back, but will play around with the email to Save to Pocket to see how that works (older versions of the app were a bit flaky with links sometimes).

Great job on the app overall!

iSRS

iOS & macOS Champion, Trusted Member
Champion
Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Email seems to work fine for sending to pocket. I, personally, don't mind the extra step to get things to pocket if it allows you to focus elsewhere.

One suggestion: can you auto populate the email subject with the article title or something? Would be a good add.

Thanks!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Since my laptop is malfunctioning and Some functions are being done via Tapatalk but are not transferring over to the forum itself, I'm going to download the new iMore App and give it go. Thanks for the tip...;)

bomkweesha#IM

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Love the new update, only thing would be to but back the timestamps so readers know where they left off in articles. I would also love to see push notifications in a future update! You guys did an amazing job with the app!

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
The app logo doesn't show up on my 3rd gen iPad... see below...

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1384182855.148329.jpg

deleted and reinstalled app... still no logo.

Becjr

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I am loving the new iMore app. I was so excited to see the update this morning. I love the stylish look... I love the iOS 7-style sidebar... I love the responsiveness of the app - it feels much faster on my antiquated iPhone 4S. A great effort to all those involved.

I do have one small request, the iMore app [4.4 MB] is holding onto 24.4 MB of Documents & Data on my device... I know, I know, it's only 24 MB, but that number grows and I'd love to be able to recover that space in a more sophisticated fashion than the current caveman way - delete and reinstall the app. Could there be a "Clear Cache" button in the side bar to periodically bring the app size down again?

Again, I love the updated iMore app... Great job iMore team!
:D

Dman238

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
F.Y.I. This is a Repost from what I posted in the comments section announcing the new version of iMore App but all the information holds true here:

"Great App!!! Thank god you guys improved the Display Engine in the App. It was really terrible, almost to the point of me abandoning the app experience all together and going the vanilla route of using the Safari web experience.

I do have two major issues with this new version. The first issue is I believe a major bug. There seems to be a bug where watching a YouTube video, like the recent posting from Richard Devine in reviewing the iMovie app, it would not rotate into landscape mode and instead stay in portrait mode. Obviously, this is annoying but I'm assuming it's a bug and can be rectified.

The other major issue, is one that has already been pointed out by Rene as a previous feature. I'm a big user of third-party "read-it-later" services like Instapaper and I would love to get back that ability in this new version of the app. Also, it would be great if you not only restored the ability to use Instapaper, Pocket, etc., but also incorporate Notes / Archiving services such as Evernote. If you could first fix those two glaring issues, I'd be a happy camper. :)

There are a few other quibbles, that have been mentioned in previous posts by other users (i.e. time-stamps, etc.) but I'm assuming you'll rectify those issues in later updates. All in all, I absolutely love the new iOS 7 ready iMore App experience and I'll definitely be using the app as my primary way to read iMore. So far, job well done! :)"

HisHolinessThePope

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
I have never been able to watch the videos posted in this app (old or new version), that is really my only drawback. I have to go to Safari to get the YouTube videos to play. Within the app I get "This video is unavailable." w/ a " learn more" link on the YouTube player.
Is this just me or does anymore else get this?

Running an iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.3, iMore 3.0 app (however, same results with iOS 6 (same iPhone 5) and version 2 of the app).

Would love to know how to fix or if it's not just me getting the issue.

piranhadonna

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Loving the new app and look. Great job!! I would like to have the forums included in the iMore app instead of having two separate apps. Don't get me wrong I use both on a daily basis and really like them, but would be easier to have only one.

shstapleton

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
Liking the app. I see where you are working on landscape mode. That may help with a related issue of pages in articles overflowing the right side; can't scroll to it; can't turn to landscape to view it.

HisHolinessThePope

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
I have never been able to watch the videos posted in this app (old or new version), that is really my only drawback. I have to go to Safari to get the YouTube videos to play. Within the app I get "This video is unavailable." w/ a " learn more" link on the YouTube player.
Is this just me or does anymore else get this?

Running an iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.3, iMore 3.0 app (however, same results with iOS 6 (same iPhone 5) and version 2 of the app).

Would love to know how to fix or if it's not just me getting the issue.

Found at fix for this. Looks like deleting app and reinstalling it fixed the issue of videos not playing.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice