Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    183 Global Posts

Default Tweetbot not working with iMore Correctly

Dear iMore, for the last several weeks, the iMore and Android Central for that matter websites do not format correctly in the readability style when using Tweetbot. Other sites are working correctly. This happens in both versions of Tweetbot. I took some pictures to show you the difference. Anybody else seeing the problem?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tweetbot not working with iMore Correctly-img_1080.png   Tweetbot not working with iMore Correctly-img_1082.png   Tweetbot not working with iMore Correctly-img_1081.png   Tweetbot not working with iMore Correctly-img_1083.png  
    iMore Actual

Global Posts
    2,436 Global Posts

Default Re: Tweetbot not working with iMore Correctly

Sorry, what do you expect to see that you aren't seeing? (And, what steps can we take to reproduce it?)

Quote Originally Posted by Rene Ritchie View Post
    Sorry, what do you expect to see that you aren't seeing? (And, what steps can we take to reproduce it?)
    We are seeing the mobile web page but are expecting to see it in the manner you'd see it via Instapaper, Pocket or even via the reader option in Safari. Other websites, not all of them, are displayed in reader format via Tweetbot, if that option is enabled, but not the iMore Blog and a few others.
  4. Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    183 Global Posts

Thanks Rene and JustMe'D for replying. The most bothersome for me is that I'm not that young anymore and since the website is not formatting like it use to, the font size is very small to read as you can see in my example compared to the other website. You do have the option in Tweetbot to click on the URL once you are in the article, but for some reason it won't make the switch to the stripped down version in the other example. The iMore site should look like the other example I gave. It was working for iMore up until recently. For some reason it's not doing it anymore. Thanks for listening. Love the hard work you guys do for us.
    Community Manager

Global Posts
    4,885 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jwalker007 View Post
    Thanks Rene and JustMe'D for replying. The most bothersome for me is that I'm not that young anymore and since the website is not formatting like it use to, the font size is very small to read as you can see in my example compared to the other website. You do have the option in Tweetbot to click on the URL once you are in the article, but for some reason it won't make the switch to the stripped down version in the other example. The iMore site should look like the other example I gave. It was working for iMore up until recently. For some reason it's not doing it anymore. Thanks for listening. Love the hard work you guys do for us.
    Thanks jwalker007, we can appreciate your frustration on this one!

What I can do is relay this to one of the geniuses on our tech team to see if anything can be done to resolve. In the meantime, thanks again for the note, and your patience!
    Administrator

Global Posts
    212 Global Posts

It is recommend to install the official iMore app for the best mobile experience. Check out the app description for all the reasons why.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/imor...0l3Vy&ct=vb_im
  7. Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    183 Global Posts

Tom, thanks for the response. That doesn't solve my problem. Font size in the iMore app isn't adjustable and still to small for older eyes. Besides, I prefer having one place to view all my tech news and Tweetbot is the choice for that. It's even a favorite of the iMore staff.