Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

Default Are you kidding me

So now to post i have to have approval from a moderator to tell me my post is worthy of Imore.

I submit a post and get this

"Thank you for posting! Your post will not be visible until a moderator has approved it for posting. You will now be taken back to the forum. If you opted to post a poll, you will now be allowed to do so."

Apple even has their forums locked down?

BCB

Default Re: Are you kidding me

imore gets many users who come here and post nothing but spam- I am guessing they do this so they can make sure your posts are legit. Keep posting and I am sure you will find out you like it here-
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,560 Global Posts

i would imagine after a few more posts that rule will be removed
    bizzyqu likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    8,342 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BLiNK View Post
    i would imagine after a few more posts that rule will be removed
    Correct. There is a minimum post limit after which you don't need approval. If it's not spam or personal attacks posts usually get approved pretty quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by boochrisboo View Post
    So now to post i have to have approval from a moderator to tell me my post is worthy of Imore.

"Thank you for posting! Your post will not be visible until a moderator has approved it for posting. You will now be taken back to the forum. If you opted to post a poll, you will now be allowed to do so."

BCB
    Thank you for inquiring about your moderated post(s). Please note that iMore has security measures in place that may "randomly" select posts to be placed in moderation (subject to review by our moderators) in an effort to protect our members and the integrity of the iMore forums. We value our community very much and glad that you are a part of it. Thank you for understanding, and continue to participate in any discussion you find interesting. Take care.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,588 Global Posts

BCB
    Apple doesn’t lock down this forum... Mobile Nations does. It keep the spam content to a minimum... the moderated posts will no longer be required after you have posted 10 times.

Snark is welcome here. Spam is not.
    Trees likes this.
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    2,212 Global Posts

I didn't know Snark was a fictional creature
    Snark (Lewis Carroll) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts

BCB
    Don't take it personal. It's not you. It's for the overall good of our beloved forum(s)...
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    4,186 Global Posts

Welcome to iMore and Mobile Nations btw

Welcome to iMore! Keep posting. We look forward to seeing you around the forums.

Welcome to IMore
    Banned

Global Posts
    12,215 Global Posts

Yup, welcome to the iMore walled garden.

btw, thanks for making sure to put your initials at the bottom of your posts, you know, in case someone became confused who posted your posts and didn't feel like glancing to the left.
    Les74 likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    6,370 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHRCC View Post
    Yup, welcome to the iMore walled garden.

btw, thanks for making sure to put your initials at the bottom of your posts, you know, in case someone became confused who posted your posts and didn't feel like glancing to the left.
    Hey some of us have to look up, not to the right. Esp of we're using tapatalk.

Sent from my Gameboy Color

No worries, brother, posts and threads from now on will rock like nobody's business ...
    iMore Intermediate

Is there no school this week? The threads are off the wall!
    I submitted my first post and got the same message. I thought " Gee they have something to stop spammers and make sure people are real:.
    Fausty82 and EmceeGeek like this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    312 Global Posts

BCB
    I had to do the same thing when I first started posting at Android Central. I politely asked the moderator why in a private message, he informed me it was just a procedure that wasn't perfect, and we went about our days. I like it, actually.
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    1,005 Global Posts

I fail to see the big deal with this. Really, aren't there more important things to worry about?
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,588 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Les74 View Post
    I fail to see the big deal with this. Really, aren't there more important things to worry about?
    You really asked that question in a public forum? What the heck is wrong with you?

To answer your question: yes, for the average, intelligent and reasoned individual, yes, there are. To the others, definitely not. For them, it’s one more thing to complain about and feel victimized by.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    21,458 Global Posts

Notice how the original poster who, at the time of this comment - in addition to this thread, has a grand total of one other post/comment on the site hasn't graced this thread with any additional wisdom... and the other post was coming to an Apple centric site to share why he doesn't use Apple anymore... following this lead, perhaps I'll go to a vegan forum and see if they have any thoughts on pork recipes... smh.
    taz323, rdiddy_25, CDG and 5 others like this.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,305 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kch50428 View Post
    Notice how the original poster who, at the time of this comment - in addition to this thread, has a grand total of one other post/comment on the site hasn't graced this thread with any additional wisdom... and the other post was coming to an Apple centric site to share why he doesn't use Apple anymore... following this lead, perhaps I'll go to a vegan forum and see if they have any thoughts on pork recipes... smh.

Lmao!!
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    1,040 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kch50428 View Post
    maybe it is best to try to embrace new members (especially as a moderator) and their interest in talking about apple whether that be positive or negative. A forum is a place for discussion and it could get kinda boring if everyone agreed with everyone all the time.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    248 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bizzyqu View Post
    maybe it is best to try to embrace new members (especially as a moderator) and their interest in talking about apple whether that be positive or negative. A forum is a place for discussion and it could get kinda boring if everyone agreed with everyone all the time.
    It all depends on how the OP is perceived. I agree with some things that others have said. If I have a kiddie account (less than 10 posts), not only should I be watched to see that I don't accidentally hurt others, I am also being protected from hurting myself. Sure, once my trainer wheels are off, I will have more turning width and can navigate the forums to the best of my abilities. I disregard the snark/spam filtering attempt as I've noticed on many forums that it's not always a new poster who turns to the other side

But to agree with what you said, I understand how making the forums a welcome place (by guiding and assisting) goes a long way in ensuring healthy discussions and return of posters frequently...
    bizzyqu likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    874 Global Posts

Let me make sure I understand; when I first started posting here on iMore the responses I received from the mods weren't personal messages letting me know how much they appreciated my thoughts but rather a form response because my posts were being reviewed to make sure they weren't spam? What's next, someone is going to tell me there's not Tooth Fairy?!?!
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    69 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Coachbulldog View Post
    Let me make sure I understand; when I first started posting here on iMore the responses I received from the mods weren't personal messages letting me know how much they appreciated my thoughts but rather a form response because my posts were being reviewed to make sure they weren't spam? What's next, someone is going to tell me there's not Tooth Fairy?!?!

Lol there is no Tooth Fairy and while we are at it no Santa Clause lol
    Coachbulldog likes this.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,588 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ghundiraj View Post
    It all depends on how the OP is perceived. I agree with some things that others have said. If I have a kiddie account (less than 10 posts), not only should I be watched to see that I don't accidentally hurt others, I am also being protected from hurting myself. Sure, once my trainer wheels are off, I will have more turning width and can navigate the forums to the best of my abilities. I disregard the snark/spam filtering attempt as I've noticed on many forums that it's not always a new poster who turns to the other side

But to agree with what you said, I understand how making the forums a welcome place (by guiding and assisting) goes a long way in ensuring healthy discussions and return of posters frequently...
    Good points... and iMore does a good job of balancing "moderation" with allowing forum members to express their opinions and feelings on most matters. The mods here are great, and there is a group of users called Ambassadors whose function it is to welcome new members, and strive to encourage them to become active participants. They also create documentations and "how-to" articles about the various aspects of Apple, iOS and Mac products and the associated software.

Both the mods and the ambassadors also happen to be members - members who are free to share their opinions on these topics as well. IMHO, they all do a good job of balancing the community good and their personal opinions on the iMore forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast