Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Pushing Buttons vs Tapping pixels

In regard to the interesting article titled, "Pushing Buttons vs Tapping Pixel..." located at the iMore Blog site via the following link,

http://tipb.com.feedsportal.com/c/33...te/story01.htm

Here's my personal take on it. I was very fond of the Blackberry keyboards of old, specifically the 7200 series, and, to this day, I consider them to be the best ever made for a PIM/Smartphone. Although their later offerings were still very good, they didn't allow me the accuracy of the more nicely spaced keyboards of the 7200 series devices. Like others, I was fearful of changing to devices with virtual keyboard because I didn't think I could type on them as accurately as I could with hardware keyboards. Now, however, it's an after thought and I've become quite efficient with them. Heck, with today's virtual keyboards & the devices' excellent auto-correction capabilities, I cannot see myself giving up screen real estate or getting a bulky device just to have a hardware keyboard again. However, if Blackberry decided to make a retro device with today's technology, I'd buy one.......Anyway, what's your take on it? Don't be shy. Speak up...
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    18,414 Global Posts

Default Re: Pushing Buttons vs Tapping pixels

I never knew anything but a device like a BlackBerry with a hardware keyboard. Now that I have switched over to an iDevice like iPhone 4s and have the type of keyboard I am using now I am very use to it, get faster and more accurate with it over time and really enjoy it. That is my take.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

I hear ya, and I feel the exact same way. Still, I cannot forget having what I consider the perfect keyboards as seen in the attached photo...

Pushing Buttons vs Tapping pixels-blackberry-7290-extralarge.jpg

Ahhhh, the good ol' days...

Yep. My palm keyboard was the best. I loved my centro and my ore. Just the right amount of gummy, and not too big or small.

I also was with BlackBerry, the only phones I used was, phones with hard keyboards. And never really gave to much thought to full touch screens. Till I came over to Apple and the IPhone . Best move I ever made. The hard keyboards have there use, but having the full screen to work with is a whole lot better.

Quote Originally Posted by taz323 View Post
    I also was with BlackBerry, the only phones I used was, phones with hard keyboards. And never really gave to much thought to full touch screens. Till I came over to Apple and the IPhone . Best move I ever made. The hard keyboards have there use, but having the full screen to work with is a whole lot better.
    Same here. I loved the physical keyboard on the 9930.