Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 25 of 25
Like Tree12Likes
  • 1 Post By Laelipoo
  • 1 Post By SeanHRCC
  • 1 Post By wendybeee
  • 2 Post By mayconvert
  • 5 Post By BreakingKayfabe
  • 1 Post By Just_Me_D
  • 2 Post By CDG
  • 1 Post By kch50428
  • 1 Post By Just_Me_D
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    mayconvert's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    138 Posts
    Global Posts
    910 Global Posts

    Default Moderator - Post approval?

    Why can I post all day long on Android Central but have to be approved to post on this site?
  2. #2  
    iBloke's Avatar
    iPhone Nanite

    Posts
    2 Posts

    Default Re: moderator?

    Quote Originally Posted by mayconvert View Post
    Why can I post all day long on Android Central but have to be approved to post on this site?
    My assumption would be based on what I've seen that android users (commonly called fandroids) only want to belittle the genuine users of iOS.
    I have personally tried other operating systems for mobile products and genuinely DIG iOS as my preferred OS, with all it's baggage.

    Android users seem to enjoy sh!tcanning those of us humans who like iOS. So maybe that is one of the reasons for your slow approval on this site.

    I'm certainly not going to head over to you android site and sh!tcan your personal choice.

    Each to their own...
  3. #3  

    Default Re: moderator?

    Each site has their own post count. While you post on AC all of the time, it takes a bit for your posts to automatically post here, where your post count is two. It'd be the same on CB, or WC, etc.
    John Yester likes this.
  4. #4  
    SeanHRCC's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    12,021 Posts
    Global Posts
    12,215 Global Posts

    Default Re: moderator?

    You haven't posted enough on the boards, so you're still in the probationary period.
    John Yester likes this.
  5. #5  
    wendybeee's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    4,273 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,405 Global Posts

    Default Re: moderator?

    Yes right now until you reach 10 posts, all of your posts are being moderated before they are posted. As SeanHRCC and Laelipoo have said it's like a probationary period.
    BTW Welcome to iMore
    John Yester likes this.
  6. Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  
    mayconvert's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    138 Posts
    Global Posts
    910 Global Posts

    Default Re: moderator?

    Quote Originally Posted by iBloke View Post
    My assumption would be based on what I've seen that android users (commonly called fandroids) only want to belittle the genuine users of iOS.
    I have personally tried other operating systems for mobile products and genuinely DIG iOS as my preferred OS, with all it's baggage.

    Android users seem to enjoy sh!tcanning those of us humans who like iOS. So maybe that is one of the reasons for your slow approval on this site.

    I'm certainly not going to head over to you android site and sh!tcan your personal choice.

    Each to their own...
    sima down. some people can like BOTH OS's. I have been using iOS for 5+ years and love it. My S4 is one month old and for sale to go back to iPhone.
    I work at apple and wanted to try android to see what it was all about.
    it's a great OS. iOS is better imo.
    People need to stop being so defensive over their phone OS choice, geez. its just a phone.
    anon5664829 and MERCDROID like this.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: moderator?

    Quote Originally Posted by mayconvert View Post
    sima down. some people can like BOTH OS's. I have been using iOS for 5+ years and love it. My S4 is one month old and for sale to go back to iPhone.
    I work at apple and wanted to try android to see what it was all about.
    it's a great OS. iOS is better imo.
    People need to stop being so defensive over their phone OS choice, geez. its just a phone.
    I agree, but could you not have simply asked your question without referencing a different site?
  8. #8  
    BreakingKayfabe's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    6,241 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,622 Global Posts

    Default Re: moderator?

    Quote Originally Posted by JustMe'D View Post
    I agree, but could you not have simply asked your question without referencing a different site?
    Gonna have to disagree with you here. Mentioning a sister site didn't warrant
    that dumb reply in post #2.

    We'll disagree sometimes, D.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: moderator?

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Gonna have to disagree with you here. Mentioning a sister site didn't warrant
    that dumb reply in post #2.

    We'll disagree sometimes, D.
    (Laughing)....No problem and no harm, my friend.......You know me. I like playing devil's advocate from time to time.
    BreakingKayfabe likes this.
  10. #10  
    wolfedude88's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    278 Posts
    Global Posts
    308 Global Posts

    Default Re: moderator?

    Quote Originally Posted by JustMe'D View Post
    (Laughing)....No problem and no harm, my friend.......You know me. I like playing devil's advocate from time to time.
    The OP post wouldn't have made any sense without stating that though. He thought since he was a regular poster in one of the sister sites he was unsure why he was on probation here.

    Without that info it wouldn't had made a whole lot of since.
  11. #11  
    Fausty82's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    8,505 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,588 Global Posts

    Default Re: moderator?

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfedude88 View Post
    The OP post wouldn't have made any sense without stating that though. He thought since he was a regular poster in one of the sister sites he was unsure why he was on probation here.

    Without that info it wouldn't had made a whole lot of since.
    Now don’t you go trying to confuse the issue with facts...
  12. #12  
    alexnaoumi's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    16 Posts

    Default Re: Moderator - Post approval?

    I'm glad you all clarified. I'm new to the iPhone scene and new to the site and often wondered about the post approval
  13. #13  

    Default Re: moderator?

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfedude88 View Post
    The OP post wouldn't have made any sense without stating that though. He thought since he was a regular poster in one of the sister sites he was unsure why he was on probation here.

    Without that info it wouldn't had made a whole lot of since.
    Believe me, I get it....
  14. #14  
    CDG
    CDG is offline
    CDG's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    649 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts

    Default Re: Moderator - Post approval?

    Slightly OT but I just wanted to add that being a mod in another forum, I very much appreciate what a delicate balance this is and how well this was handled.

    Thank you.

    PS: it makes up for the time I wasn't allowed to sell something without 50 posts here while I have 8k+ posts, and almost 11 years in the other forum - not an Android forum btw.


    Sent From My Mobile Device Using Tapatalk
    Laelipoo and Just_Me_D like this.
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Moderator - Post approval?

    Quote Originally Posted by alexnaoumi View Post
    I'm glad you all clarified. I'm new to the iPhone scene and new to the site and often wondered about the post approval

    In a perfect world, it wouldn't be needed, and we wouldn't have to use it. Trust me, we all want that.

    Let me know if you find that world though, because I would love some chocolate and bacon that were actually healthy for you
  16. #16  
    kch50428's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    20,573 Posts
    Global Posts
    21,454 Global Posts

    Default Re: Moderator - Post approval?

    Quote Originally Posted by Laelipoo View Post
    ...I would love some chocolate and bacon that were actually healthy for you
    How 'bout chocolate covered bacon?
    MERCDROID likes this.
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Moderator - Post approval?

    Quote Originally Posted by kch50428 View Post
    How 'bout chocolate covered bacon?
    Oh man, that just sounds gross.
  18. #18  
    Mr.Willie's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    241 Posts
    Global Posts
    933 Global Posts

    Default Re: Moderator - Post approval?

    Quote Originally Posted by mayconvert View Post
    Why can I post all day long on Android Central but have to be approved to post on this site?
    It's because you didn't start your post with "Mother may I ? Being a 1000 + poster on another Mac site and 300+ on CB, I felt a little frustration at first too.

    Quote Originally Posted by kch50428 View Post
    How 'bout chocolate covered bacon?
    Umm... I think I am going to order me some.

    Vosges Mo's Dark and Milk Bacon and Chocolate Candy Bars and Library, Pancake Mix, Flying Pig, Bacon Eggs, Gifts - Mo's Milk Chocolate Bacon Bar

    And hey, since its gluten free, it must be good for you.
  19. #19  

    Default Re: Moderator - Post approval?

    Anyone who has never tried any.. It's awesome!!!!!
  20. #20  
    ramond_s's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    11 Posts
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts

    Default Re: Moderator - Post approval?

    whats is the normal wait time for approvals?
  21. #21  
    James Falconer's Avatar
    Community Manager

    Posts
    895 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,069 Global Posts

    Default Re: Moderator - Post approval?

    Ramond you should be good now. Thanks for contacting me direct!
  22. #22  

    Default Moderator - Post approval?

    Quote Originally Posted by ramond_s View Post
    whats is the normal wait time for approvals?
    There isn't a "normal wait time". We try to provide you the best possible service that time permits...
  23. #23  
    Honey Beagle's Avatar
    iMore Elite

    Posts
    2,307 Posts

    Default Re: Moderator - Post approval?

    Quote Originally Posted by mayconvert View Post
    Why can I post all day long on Android Central but have to be approved to post on this site?
    As soon as I type in a reply the reply shows up the instant I hit SEND.
  24. #24  
    James Falconer's Avatar
    Community Manager

    Posts
    895 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,069 Global Posts

    Default Re: Moderator - Post approval?

    Not sure what you mean?
  25. #25  

    Default Re: Moderator - Post approval?

    Quote Originally Posted by Honey Beagle View Post
    As soon as I type in a reply the reply shows up the instant I hit SEND.
    FYI: The post you are quoting is from 3 years ago.
    mayconvert likes this.

Similar Threads

  1. new iPhone tour posted
    By dutchtrumpet in forum iPhone 4
    Replies: 163
    Last Post: 06-28-2007, 09:52 AM
  2. Can a Moderator please put Surur in the closet?
    By conekkted in forum iPhone 4
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-22-2007, 06:16 PM
  3. FCC Approves iPhone
    By beachtrader in forum iPhone 4
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-18-2007, 12:19 PM

Posting Permissions