Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 45
Like Tree10Likes
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    kch50428's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    20,342 Posts
    Global Posts
    21,223 Global Posts

    Default Gaaaa!! iMore?? New year, new name...

    Change - it's the universal constant.

  2. #2  
    BLiNK's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    8,303 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,650 Global Posts

    Default

    what in the ****?
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    kch50428's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    20,342 Posts
    Global Posts
    21,223 Global Posts

    Default

    This expounds on things...

    http://www.imore.com/2012/01/05/imore/

    This is going to take some getting used to
  4. #4  
    Kristy_Lyn's Avatar
    iPhone Intermediate

    Posts
    287 Posts
    Global Posts
    288 Global Posts

    Default

    Wooohooo Congrats I like the new name iMore, it will take me awhile to get used to not saying TiPb!!
  5. #5  
    rewNATION's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    446 Posts
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts

    Default

    i liked tipb a lot better. iMore just sounds hokey, like it took 3 seconds to think of. my 2 cents
    Mustang5Oh likes this.
  6. #6  
    cardfan's Avatar
    iMore Elite

    Posts
    2,306 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,930 Global Posts

    Default

    I thought it was April 1st for a minute. This is like a bad episode of Chuck. I can't say iMore without thinking of that show. Was iNation taken? iMobile? TIPB was much better.

    Guess we need the Nerd Herd now..lol
    Last edited by cardfan; 01-05-2012 at 03:32 PM.
  7. #7  
    ThePinkChameleon's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    4,034 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,779 Global Posts

    Default

    YaaaaaY !! I like it !! I just stopped back in-between cooking dinner for a quick look around and I see the new iMore has come into effect with some new menu layouts in the very top banners

    Awesome !! It looks great - thanks TiPb.....errrr....iMore for the improvements !!
  8. #8  
    BrindawithanI's Avatar
    iMore Expert

    Posts
    908 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,557 Global Posts

    Default

    But my profile page was jacked again.
  9. #9  
    Kristy_Lyn's Avatar
    iPhone Intermediate

    Posts
    287 Posts
    Global Posts
    288 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrindawithanI View Post
    But my profile page was jacked again.
    What do you mean Brin? Are you stats and info screwed up again? If so Rene said it would take a few days before everything was ironed out and if you see something not getting ironed out then to post it in forums.


    "Hello my name is Kristy. I am an Appleholic"
  10. #10  
    Alli's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    11,047 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,726 Global Posts

    Default

    Not crazy about the new name, and it's taken forever to get used to TheiPhoneBlog become just TiPb. If the idea is to appeal to a wider iAudience <gag> why not just call it what it is - TheAppleFanBoiSite?
  11. #11  
    Stephxieh's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    85 Posts
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts

    Default

    I'm sure we will all get used to it. No it doesn't have the same ring as Tipb but there are more than enough people that hated that name change as well.

    I do like the sound of iNation better but can see how it would get jumbled in with the Mobile Nations group and end up causing as much confusion. Obviously the staff didn't choose to re-do the whole site on a whim when picking a new name so just because you don't personally like it just imagine the other suggestions they had while brainstorming that were worse!
  12. #12  
    BrindawithanI's Avatar
    iMore Expert

    Posts
    908 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,557 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kristy_Lyn View Post
    What do you mean Brin? Are you stats and info screwed up again? If so Rene said it would take a few days before everything was ironed out and if you see something not getting ironed out then to post it in forums.


    "Hello my name is Kristy. I am an Appleholic"
    You could see everything but it was in a weird kind of empty pane look and all spread out. I just feel bad 'cause Cory worked SO hard to fix it just the other day. I'll let it ride and see what happens. I'm thinking I must have logged back in just after the switch.

    EDIT: profile is okay but stats are gone.
    Last edited by BrindawithanI; 01-05-2012 at 05:10 PM.
  13. #13  
    ThePinkChameleon's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    4,034 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,779 Global Posts

    Default

    Awww crap....Brinda, I just saw your post about your profile being zinged again....guess what?!? Mine is too your right Cory did work super hard to get stuff "back to normal" and now it's fubar'd again.
  14. #14  
    fogkeebler's Avatar
    iPhone Newbie

    Posts
    28 Posts

    Default

    uh, yea the new name sucks. I come to this site for all the apple device info, not stocks weather or what ever the rest of that crap is in the forums. poor choice, get rid of all that stuff and stand out like you used to till today..
  15. #15  
    Brickman's Avatar
    iMore Expert

    Posts
    861 Posts
    Global Posts
    870 Global Posts

    Default

    I kinda like it! We are all living much more Mobile Life Styles these days. Why not?!
  16. #16  
    DaPeeps's Avatar
    iPhone Beginner

    Posts
    57 Posts

    Default

    While I will admit I don't really like the name (I think its tacky to use "i" in front of a product or service unless you're Apple - and iMore just sounds strange) - what really is annoying is that while in the forums listing - I am somehow being directed to CrackBerry's forums by clicking "Forums" at the top of the page (still in the TiPB banner - ((sorry I mean iMore)). So I need to rehit my book mark for TiPB in order to get back to the main page, then clicking "Forums" from the main page gets me back to the correct forum listing.
  17. #17  
    ThePinkChameleon's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    4,034 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,779 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DaPeeps View Post
    While I will admit I don't really like the name (I think its tacky to use "i" in front of a product or service unless you're Apple - and iMore just sounds strange) - what really is annoying is that while in the forums listing - I am somehow being directed to CrackBerry's forums by clicking "Forums" at the top of the page (still in the TiPB banner - ((sorry I mean iMore)). So I need to rehit my book mark for TiPB in order to get back to the main page, then clicking "Forums" from the main page gets me back to the correct forum listing.
    That's happening to me too !! I thought I was loosing my mind or I clicked something else on accident !! Ok, so it's not just me then.....then forum button bringing us to crack berry.
  18. #18  
    Rockdog97's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,232 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,013 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    Not crazy about the new name, and it's taken forever to get used to TheiPhoneBlog become just TiPb. If the idea is to appeal to a wider iAudience <gag> why not just call it what it is - TheAppleFanBoiSite?
    Ha Alli.. you're gonna have to change your title now to iMore Forum Staff...

    that just sounds weird...
  19. #19  
    Duvi's Avatar
    iMore Elite

    Posts
    2,083 Posts
    Global Posts
    20,069 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pink View Post
    That's happening to me too !! I thought I was loosing my mind or I clicked something else on accident !! Ok, so it's not just me then.....then forum button bringing us to crack berry.
    Getting it to... I asked about it, hopefully it's being worked on.
  20. #20  
    cardfan's Avatar
    iMore Elite

    Posts
    2,306 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,930 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rockdog97 View Post
    Ha Alli.. you're gonna have to change your title now to iMore Forum Staff...

    that just sounds weird...
    iMoreons isn't bad. (just kidding)..
  21. #21  
    cardfan's Avatar
    iMore Elite

    Posts
    2,306 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,930 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brickman View Post
    I kinda like it! We are all living much more Mobile Life Styles these days. Why not?!
    Perhaps this is really about branding the (tipb) store. Or perhaps it's a nod to people paying "more" for i products.
  22. #22  
    leharris22's Avatar
    iPhone Intermediate

    Posts
    411 Posts

    Default

    I did a double take when I logged on. I was surprised. It will take some getting used to.
  23. #23  
    Batting1000's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    54 Posts
    Global Posts
    368 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    Not crazy about the new name, and it's taken forever to get used to TheiPhoneBlog become just TiPb. If the idea is to appeal to a wider iAudience <gag> why not just call it what it is - TheAppleFanBoiSite?
    iAm iLaughing right iNow.

    --

    Name sounds child-like and like no thought was put into it.
    Mustang5Oh likes this.
  24. #24  
    ThePinkChameleon's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    4,034 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,779 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Duvi View Post
    Getting it to... I asked about it, hopefully it's being worked on.
    Thx Duvi...I just checked it again and it brought me back to the crack again

    Hopefully it'll be corrected soon
  25. Thread AuthorThread Author   #25  
    kch50428's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    20,342 Posts
    Global Posts
    21,223 Global Posts

    Default

    So far... no Facebook "fan page" for "iHate iMore - bring back TiPb!!!"
    Mustang5Oh likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions