Gaaaa!! iMore?? New year, new name...

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I thought it was April 1st for a minute. This is like a bad episode of Chuck. I can't say iMore without thinking of that show. Was iNation taken? iMobile? TIPB was much better.

Guess we need the Nerd Herd now..lol

Last edited:

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
:D:D YaaaaaY !! I like it !! I just stopped back in-between cooking dinner for a quick look around and I see the new iMore has come into effect with some new menu layouts in the very top banners :)

Awesome !! It looks great - thanks TiPb.....errrr....iMore for the improvements !! :D

Kristy_Lyn

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
But my profile page was jacked again. :confused:

What do you mean Brin? Are you stats and info screwed up again? If so Rene said it would take a few days before everything was ironed out and if you see something not getting ironed out then to post it in forums.

"Hello my name is Kristy. I am an Appleholic"

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Not crazy about the new name, and it's taken forever to get used to TheiPhoneBlog become just TiPb. If the idea is to appeal to a wider iAudience <gag> why not just call it what it is - TheAppleFanBoiSite?

Stephxieh

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I'm sure we will all get used to it. No it doesn't have the same ring as Tipb but there are more than enough people that hated that name change as well.

I do like the sound of iNation better but can see how it would get jumbled in with the Mobile Nations group and end up causing as much confusion. Obviously the staff didn't choose to re-do the whole site on a whim when picking a new name so just because you don't personally like it just imagine the other suggestions they had while brainstorming that were worse!

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
What do you mean Brin? Are you stats and info screwed up again? If so Rene said it would take a few days before everything was ironed out and if you see something not getting ironed out then to post it in forums.

"Hello my name is Kristy. I am an Appleholic"

You could see everything but it was in a weird kind of empty pane look and all spread out. I just feel bad 'cause Cory worked SO hard to fix it just the other day. I'll let it ride and see what happens. I'm thinking I must have logged back in just after the switch.

EDIT: profile is okay but stats are gone.

Last edited:

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Awww crap....Brinda, I just saw your post about your profile being zinged again....guess what?!? Mine is too :( your right Cory did work super hard to get stuff "back to normal" and now it's fubar'd again.

fogkeebler

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
uh, yea the new name sucks. I come to this site for all the apple device info, not stocks weather or what ever the rest of that crap is in the forums. poor choice, get rid of all that stuff and stand out like you used to till today..

DaPeeps

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
While I will admit I don't really like the name (I think its tacky to use "i" in front of a product or service unless you're Apple - and iMore just sounds strange) - what really is annoying is that while in the forums listing - I am somehow being directed to CrackBerry's forums by clicking "Forums" at the top of the page (still in the TiPB banner - ((sorry I mean iMore)). So I need to rehit my book mark for TiPB in order to get back to the main page, then clicking "Forums" from the main page gets me back to the correct forum listing.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
While I will admit I don't really like the name (I think its tacky to use "i" in front of a product or service unless you're Apple - and iMore just sounds strange) - what really is annoying is that while in the forums listing - I am somehow being directed to CrackBerry's forums by clicking "Forums" at the top of the page (still in the TiPB banner - ((sorry I mean iMore)). So I need to rehit my book mark for TiPB in order to get back to the main page, then clicking "Forums" from the main page gets me back to the correct forum listing.

That's happening to me too !! I thought I was loosing my mind or I clicked something else on accident !! Ok, so it's not just me then.....then forum button bringing us to crack berry.

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Not crazy about the new name, and it's taken forever to get used to TheiPhoneBlog become just TiPb. If the idea is to appeal to a wider iAudience <gag> why not just call it what it is - TheAppleFanBoiSite?

Ha Alli.. you're gonna have to change your title now to iMore Forum Staff...

that just sounds weird...