What's up with the site?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
The quick reply seems to be sporadic. It's like the child boards are not all set up in the same order, so that the first tab on some is Manage Attachments, and in others it's something else. So sometimes it works, and just when I get comfortable hitting tab enter when completing a message...it goes to Manage attachments.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I agree Alli, "quick reply" is still a little finicky for me also. Smetimes it'll let me use it and sometimes it won't-I'd have to choose the "post reply" tab instead.

Also, with my likes screen, it angles off as it goes down the list, but the closed I get to the bottom of the current page being displayed, the thinner the like gets and it's as if there is one word per line. So it looks a little like this: here
is
an
example.

I'll try to post up a ss of it from my iphone in a little while.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Here's what I'm talking about, and as I scroll down further on the page the likes listed actually start to disappear altogether.

1325439332.png

Cory Streater

Forum Admin Emeritus
Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Here's what I'm talking about, and as I scroll down further on the page the likes listed actually start to disappear altogether.

Click to view quoted image
Pink: It definitely looks like I have some work to do on the Like screen. It doesn't look great on a laptop/desktop, but that's pretty severe. I noticed you're using an iPad. Do the rest of the tabs look okay now?

As far as the quote checkbox; I think it works, but it's not behaving like it normally does. I'll put it back. The default now is that the box is checked, but greyed out. If you click the pencil icon in a post (quick reply to this message) the box will no longer be gray and you can proceed as usual and the quoted message will be included. The idea was to save you from the step of having to toggle the box manually. If you don't click the pencil icon and just proceed with a quick reply, there will be no post quoted.

You can tell I'm an Android guy huh? I'll put it back the way people expect it to be ;)

Reactions: ThePinkChameleon

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
:)Hi Corey. Ok, I went into my profile and checked everything-I think I covered all the bases. From what I found the only issues I'm having right now is the "likes & liikes given" screens. They look like the ss I posted for you above. The first few look ok and are read-able, but as you scroll down the margin itself "thins" out and then fades till there's nothing to see anymore. I am using an iPad, it's what I use 90% of the time. I haven't broken out the laptop today so I can't tell you how things look there, sorry.

As far as the quick reply box, I've been using it today on my iPad everytime i posted and it has been fine:) also, if I needed to quote a post-everything was fine there too;)

Thanks for your help with this:) and your an android guy huh? :p lol, that's perfectly fine;):) we'll let you slide on that one LOL:D

Reactions: Cory Streater

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
:DCory, you are the MAN !! my likes are all set up nicely on both my iPad and laptop. Perfectamuno !! :D Tyvm for fixing those few glitches:D:D:D and everything else is in order as well:)

much appreciated;):)

Reactions: Cory Streater

Cory Streater

Forum Admin Emeritus
Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
So glad it's working & I really appreciate your taking the time to post screen shots and test. I think the root cause was related to the footer changing to full width a few weeks back. The member profile pages have completely separate CSS definitions than the rest of the forum & the Likes page has yet another. All 3 must agree for everything too look good.

I also took care of a few other minor CSS glitches that have been bugging me since the last time I did an overall. I'm not sure if you ever noticed or not, but when reading a thread, the border off to to the right was broken into pieces as you scrolled down the list. Me + OCD did not like that :)

Yep, Android is my home site, but I'm trying to help get all the sites the features that I implemented over there so members like yourself can expect a common experience if you choose to visit one of the other forums.

P.S. - your buttons are next. I've put a request in to get them all looking consistent with the Like button.

Reactions: ThePinkChameleon

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
So glad it's working & I really appreciate your taking the time to post screen shots and test. I think the root cause was related to the footer changing to full width a few weeks back. The member profile pages have completely separate CSS definitions than the rest of the forum & the Likes page has yet another. All 3 must agree for everything too look good.

I also took care of a few other minor CSS glitches that have been bugging me since the last time I did an overall. I'm not sure if you ever noticed or not, but when reading a thread, the border off to to the right was broken into pieces as you scrolled down the list. Me + OCD did not like that :)

Yep, Android is my home site, but I'm trying to help get all the sites the features that I implemented over there so members like yourself can expect a common experience if you choose to visit one of the other forums.

P.S. - your buttons are next. I've put a request in to get them all looking consistent with the Like button.

:)Thx so much again for your time and patience to work the bugs out. Everything is looking really good indeed;) glad I was able to help out by posting the ss for you as well.

:eek: I can't say I noticed the border your referring too-I may have and just don't recall, sorry.

Looking forward to the "new & improved" buttons as well;):D

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Yea my stats are zinged again too. Brinda when I get back home I'll try switching and see if that works for me also. Thx !! Hopefully it will.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
ok, i tried changing the theme to the iPhonify and still zinged. ok, will wait patiently till that gets ironed out again.

EDIT : nm, changed to TiPb theme and works fine now:)

Last edited:

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
I have the same EXACT issue. After posting, the most I can do is click on the words 'Post quick reply'. Weird, it wasn't that way...

And, I've tried this form multiple computers, and various browsers. I've cleared the cache and all that, too :)

postquick.png

Ok, i've got a few strange issues going here as well.

I'm not able to use the quick reply box, i have to actually click the "post reply" to post something. Also on my profile my - about me, statics, friends and contact info all come up blank to me, but everything else that surrounds it is there. :confused: any ideas?

it does this with my Win7 laptop and my iPad1. yes i did a restart for both, signed out of my tipb account and back in. no change.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods