Can't log in to TiPB Comments with my Facebook account?

BradM73

Sep 11, 2008
Visit site
Hi all,

I posted this in the feedback thread too, but no one answer (probably because no one reads that forum, lol).

I'm having problems using the Facebook Connect option for commenting on posts on the main TiPB page. Under "Add New Comment... Optional: Login Below" , When I click the "F Connect" (Facebook Connect) button, a small window pops up that says "Sign in using Facebook" at the top. Just below that is another button that says "Sign in with Facebook". When I click that button, the small window just disappears and I'm STILL not logged in. I've tried it about 50 times with no success. I've tried checking my Windows 7 security settings and Internet Explorer settings, but can't figure this one out.

If anyone can help, I would greatly appreciate it. Since I got my PC back from repair, I've been unable to make comments due to this issue.

Thanks for reading, and even more thanks if you decide to help!

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
We're using Disqus for the comments. I'll ping them and ask them to look into it. If you use Twitter, feel free to @disqus a complaint too.

BradM73

Sep 11, 2008
Visit site
Thanks Jeremy. Let me know what you find out. It was working fine on this PC prior to my HDD failure. Got my PC back, reinstalled Windows 7 with all updates (Except IE 9) and it still doesn't seem to be working properly. I thought it might be something to do with the way IE handles cookies, but so far, all the settings I've tried haven't been successful.

BradM73

Sep 11, 2008
Visit site
Any updates on this Jeremy or Rene?

I don't have a Disqus account, and I never needed one to link to Facebook before, unless something has changed in the past three weeks. I'm pretty sure I can connect to Facebook for commenting on my old WinXP laptop, but I don't want to get that one out every time I want to make a comment.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR