What happened the front page?

okapy

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Do I really need to click each post to read it? What kind of improvement is that? I was able to scroll the page and read the latest articles, not I must click 15 times and open 15 pages to do the same?

I was going to this site only because it was easy to read, now it seems I will have to find another source for apple news.

Please tell me there is a button, that expand all articles at once.

Thank you.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
No, he's talking about the front page, not the forum.

http://forums.tipb.com/tipb-feedback/217443-dig-new-look-main-tipb-page.html

I couldn't quite put my finger on why I didn't like it. I kept thinking it looks exactly like the mobile view, but okapy has nailed it - the front page now only has headlines along with the first sentence of the article. They're gonna need to start using teasers instead of just that first sentence.

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
We're in the middle of stage 1 of a 3 stage update. Things will be changing fast, so please just bear with us as we roll out the new stuff and try to find a balance.

No matter what we do (or don't do), we'll piss some folks off. And we're really sorry about that. TiPb is unique in SPE in that iPhone users aren't just the high-order geeks that fill most of our sites. We have a lot of readers with a lot of conflicting interests and we're trying really, really hard to meet the needs of as many of them as we can.

And we're not afraid to keep adjusting as we go.

One of the most frequent complaints we've had lately is that people had to scroll too much to get to the content they want. Some people hate news and just want apps. Others hate apps and just want news. It's really tough to get it right. We'll keep working on it and want to hear all your feedback while we do.

Also, please give it some time. Change is sometimes just easy to hate. :)

Behshad

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
The new look doesnt look good at all , not because what we are used to , but because its going towards the wrong directions. The BEST thing about TIPB compared to other websites was how smoothly you could read the news and from there decide to read further if you find an article that youre more interested it.
The new look is horrible simply because all the small news updates look nothing but ads rather than news.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
NOT A fan of the front page at all. I think there needs to a poll to change it back.

Perhaps a poll to "change it back" would work if TiPb was a democratic entity... but it's not. It's somebody's business and livelihood... in that situation, the only way we get to vote is with our "business", or in this case, our traffic.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2