Issues with Safari (not mobile version)

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Mobile forums are definitely borked. The fix will come... later. :-/

Using my girlfriends Macbook i've noticed certain things like updating my profile and trying to save the changes gives me a error as well as trying to upload a picture. Also tried Safari on a PC and I'm getting the same errors. IE works fine though.

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
I use Safari and I can update my profile info no problem, but error out trying to upload a pic.

Safari/WebKit/Konquerer has historically enjoyed compatibility problems with some WYSIQYG editors and javascript implementations. Unfortunately, its market share isn't big enough to prompt enough devs to do much about it:

When will vBulletin WYSIWYG work with Safari? - vBulletin Community Forum

"I checked this out at the start of the 3.7 process to see how realistic it was to get Opera and Safari compatibility. The short answer is that our wysiwyg code is overly complicated and adding more browser specific sections would make it worse.

There wasn't a quick way to do it, I filed some bugs with Opera regarding there implementation and Webkit has some tracking ones."

Dieter Bohn

Editor Emeritus
Feb 1, 2001
www.backlon.com
You know you're screwed when you're googling for an answer to your bug and the third link that pops up is the thread detailing the bug in your own forums. O___o

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
LOL! I asked on Apple Discussions about why iCal treats subscribed calendars as read-only, then tried to Google it, and my Apple Discussion thread was the first link. Lessons learned:

1) Google is scary fast at indexing.

2) Not enough people complain about the stuff that bothers me.

: (