Siri Expansion, who agrees more languages and countries should be added?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Debit cards and credit cards can also be used without your consent if the employee doesn't take care to check it's actually you who owns it. Apple Pay, to my knowledge, requires your phone to be accessed. Much more secure if you have Touch ID enabled. I'm not positive that it only works with Touch ID as it's not available in the country I'm in.

Apple Pay requires use of the TouchID sensor, even if the phone is unlocked.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Re: Siri Expansion

Sure it is. Only takes me like 30 seconds to pay by cash or debit card.

Apple Pay is quicker than cash, and definitely quicker than credit/debit card if it takes you 30 seconds. Compared to a credit/debit card, it's a lot safer (no number to steal, no magnet strip to clone/copy). All it takes is putting your fingerprint on the TouchID sensor, and touching it to the credit card terminal. Even if your phone is unlocked, someone will need your fingerprint to activate it.

Once you've tried it, you'll have a better idea of whether it's better or not. :) do you have a phone with TouchID?

maflynn

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
I think Apple to make a true contender needs to open up Sirir's abilities more like Google's and Microsoft's. Its great that they have many languages which allows more people to use Siri, but that usage is limited (as compared to say Cortana)

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I think Apple to make a true contender needs to open up Sirir's abilities more like Google's and Microsoft's. Its great that they have many languages which allows more people to use Siri, but that usage is limited (as compared to say Cortana)

I wonder what it truly takes ($$ wise) to expand Siri to all those languages. Though if you want to be a global corp (which they are) seems the devices should work unless there are other limits on features imposed by local governments.

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site

Sure it is. Only takes me like 30 seconds to pay by cash or debit card.

It takes about 5 seconds to pay with Apple Pay. Even faster if you do it with Apple Watch. And you aren't having to fish out a card from a wallet or purse.

And as noted repeatedly, it's actually more secure.

But continue on ...

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Doubt that l. Never give my debit card to a store employee.

You do if you go through a McDonald's drive thru. There's still businesses that don't offer the swipe. They do it themselves. Debit card number theft happens a lot. It's not as safe as you think it is.

samduffy

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
Here in Ireland we have contactless payment cards so you just tap the card on the terminal and you can make purchases that way so its like apple pay but without the phone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2