Siri using 85 of battery even though it's switched off! What can I do?

I

iMore Question

Siri using 85% of battery even though it's switched off!

I've tried everything to fix abnormal battery drain on my 4S. Switched off everything I could find except making and receiving calls, got a new battery installed and did a Restore. The battery is lasting 4-6 hours even when I'm not using it. In Usage it's showing Siri using 85% of the juice even though I never use it and have it switched off. Tried toggling Siri on and off, no dice. What can I do? At the moment I have to carry my charger around with me so I can charge it 3 times a day!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Siri using 85% of battery even though it's switched off!

Welcome to iMore! Make sure Hey Siri is toggled off. Then go to Settings > General > Spotlight Search > Toggle Siri Suggestions off. Then do a hard reset.
Hold the top or side power/sleep button and the home button at the same time until the Apple logo appears, then release.
It shouldn't use that much battery.

May 22, 2016
Visit site
Re: Siri using 85% of battery even though it's switched off!

Thanks for your reply. I had already switched of Siri suggestions, but I did the hard reset. Unfortunately this didn't solve the problem. I am down form 96% to 86% in less than an hour having sent one text in that time.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: Siri using 85% of battery even though it's switched off!

Thanks for your reply. I had already switched of Siri suggestions, but I did the hard reset. Unfortunately this didn't solve the problem. I am down form 96% to 86% in less than an hour having sent one text in that time.

The 4s is getting some age on it. It may have developed a hardware issue causing the problem. If you can find a reputable repair shop, let them look at it. The Apple Store genius bar would be more expensive than it's worth. You might consider an upgrade. You can get a good deal on the 5s.